New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

stocked G for over a year

Old 06-01-2017, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stocked G for over a year

Got my G may 16th, never really thought about aftermarket stuff till recently. I just don't know what to buy first, exhaust or rims & tires.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:23 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Whatever you do lay out a thoughtful plan that includes goals, supporting pieces, budgets and a lot of other stuff and go from there. Make sure you keep separate cash aside for unplanned expenses and repairs, with these older cars you'll need it for most. It's a major mistake to just start buying random parts ***** nilly without any forethought of what you're trying to achieve. For example don't buy tires if you are going to get new rims, they might not be the right ones for the wheels. If you're looking to lower your car more than an inch make sure you budget in adjustable toe and camber arms/bolts or you'll eat through tires at a record pace. Learn to DIY if you can, it will save you major coin if you have the ability to install a lot of your mods. Shop labor is a killer of many dreams.

Before you spend a dollar on any mods though, make sure all of your repair and maintenance is up to date and current. It makes no sense to buy wheels/tires if your bushings are worn out and you can't keep the car aligned. An exhaust might add power but not if your oil runs dry and the motor seizes. Remember that modding can be an addiction for some of us, I for one wouldn't have done half of my mods were I to go back today and start over, after 8 years of having them the benefits don't really seem to justify the eventual cost although at the time I thought they would.

And finally remember that mods do not increase the value of the car, they reduce it when it comes time to selling her. You've narrowed your field of prospective buyers to a scarce few, most people view modded cars as a bad purchase because they assume the car's been beaten on. You've found the best forum on the internet for all things G so read, read, read before you start buying. The more knowledgeable you become the happier you'll be with the end results.

Welcome to the family and we hope you enjoy your stay.....

Old 06-05-2017, 02:54 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
This will be an interesting project, congratulations on your purchase and good luck! If you ever have any questions or need assistance with finding parts for your G, let us know we will be glad to help you!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.