New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Very loud knocking sound coming from engine block

Old 09-27-2017, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very loud knocking sound coming from engine block

Hello, I'm having a very stressful problem with my g35 it's an 03 for starters.. but I noticed it started making a very loud knocking sound as soon as I turn on the engine and it gets louder the higher the rpm. I only bought this less than 3 months ago. Also I changed the oil literally yesterday and it only slightly lowered the noise. But today I was driving it to a doctors appointment for my soon to be born daughter and it died on me at a stop sign and wouldn't turn over again. It was idling g really crappy as well since this noise started all I can think of is it's either the fuel pump or filter.. any suggestions will definitely help!

Old 09-27-2017, 09:02 PM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Sigh. Again?

Unfortunately that sounds like a rod knock.

Even more unfortunate this is like the third post in two weeks about engine failure including myself.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:24 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by eazdaskeez
Sigh. Again? Unfortunately that sounds like a rod knock.
Even more unfortunate this is like the third post in two weeks about engine failure including myself.
To see this is sad, it makes me wonder how often those that have this issue check their oil level? Those of us that have been here for a while suggest checking oil levels frequently! With less than 70K miles on SLICK'S clock I check it once a week, just because I can and not that I need to!
Gary

Old 09-28-2017, 07:04 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Andrew I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Unfortunately your engine is toast and you'll need to get a replacement or repair your current one. Get with eez for help on how to proceed from here.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks fuys, I was checking the oil about every week or so, but I had just changed the oil when it started happening, but I thought it was a rod knock, thanks everyone

Old 09-28-2017, 12:15 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
What exact oil did you put in it? What does it look like now, drain it into a very clean container and drag a magnet through it to look for metal.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.