New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

2003 G35 6 speed; vibration from rear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 01:32 PM
tqh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 G35 6 speed; vibration from rear

hello, I am a new member. I drive a 2003 G35 6 speed. I took it to Tire Discounters to have the tires rotated and oil change. Ever since I got it back, it vibrates, seemingly from the rear, at 60 and above. I took it back thinking it wasn't balanced properly. They re-balanced and came out and told me that both back wheels are bent. Does this sound right? It just seems coincidental that it's only just started happening and I would know if I hit a curb or pothole. Any suggestions? other things to check?

Old 11-03-2017, 01:35 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,457 Likes on 2,151 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Get a second opinion, ask them to SHOW YOU EXACTLY WHERE ITS BENT. There's a really good chance the guy working the tire balancer just really sucks at his job, the chances of you bending both rims without knowing it is slim. Especially since the problem only manifested AFTER you got your tires balanced...

Old 11-03-2017, 01:49 PM
tqh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should have gone somewhere else to begin with. When they were initially replacing the tires they called me and said they couldn't find the lug nut key and if they couldn't find it they would have to strip it off. I said, no DONT do that, Ill come down and show you where it is (they couldn't find it when I described where) drove down and got the key out of glove box. 6 months later, I'm at the dealership getting an oil change, and they said I was missing a lug nut, the locking one!

Old 11-03-2017, 01:50 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,457 Likes on 2,151 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Give them a scathing google review and never go there again, obviously incompetent.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.