New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New to Infiniti, from Reno!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to Infiniti, from Reno!

I have never owned an Infiniti before, until two days ago when my ex-coworker decided to let go of one of her extra vehicles...for $500. I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough, and I ended up with a 2003 G35 that I am absolutely loving. I have been doing a lot of research on these vehicles and so far it has been a blast to drive. It has 162,000 miles on the clock and there are a couple small things I need to fix. There is an oil leak which I presume is from the oil filter/cooler area, and the stereo/climate control system is also dead, which I believe I can also fix relatively easily. Aside from those two issues, all it really needs is tires and rotors. Everything else is rock solid. This is the fourth vehicle in my 'fleet', joining my 2013 Honda Fit daily driver, my 2000 Toyota Tacoma stuff-hauler, and my 1987 Corvette. My plan is to fix this car up and daily it for a month or two, just to get an idea of it's mechanical stability. If everything is deemed reliable, I will be selling my Fit and using this G35 as my daily for a few years instead. That way I can cash in on the Fit before it fully depreciates and put some serious money back in my pocket, while driving a vehicle that is twice as fun to drive than the Fit.

Attached Thumbnails New to Infiniti, from Reno!-img_3788.jpg   New to Infiniti, from Reno!-img_3790.jpg   New to Infiniti, from Reno!-img_3785.jpg  
Old 11-09-2017, 11:34 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
You should sell the corvette since in stock form the G is faster :P What a screaming deal on that vehicle, with a nice clean interior/exterior to boot. Congrats! The only cosmetic upgrade I would recommend asap is clear side markers.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:52 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Don't waste your time trying to fix the stereo, the stock units are crap. The issue is with the circuit board and it's easier to replace the unit with a new double din one. It will sound a ton better and last a lot longer.

Welcome to the family and congrats on getting a hell of a deal on a great car. I predict long-term you'll love it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.