New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Need sage advice.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need sage advice.

I have a base 2005 G35 sedan. I'm trying to figure out what I should do, She was vandalized Last month on top of some other cosmetic damage and age marks. I don't have the time to take care of her the way I want after this incident and I have another deployment coming up soon. I am trying to find out If it is Better to sell her as is to someone who has the time to restore her or trade in to a dealership. Everything is OEM and she Has less than 97K. I can provide pictures if anybody is intrested in helping me out.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:23 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,458 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
It depends on how much attachment you have to the vehicle honestly. Since you're considering selling or a trade-in I'm going to guess you don't hold any particular attachment to it. The vehicle is 12 years old, it's already depreciated nearly as low as it will so you're not going to get a LOT out of it even if it was in great condition, right now is also a great time to look at dealerships offering model year end clearance sales if you're interested in a NEW vehicle.

A new vehicle has a warranty, your 12 year old 100k mile car is going to start nickel-and-diming you quickly. If it's mechanically solid and the only problem is cosmetic you would be able to unload it quickly but you won't get a lot out of it. Doing the body work to restore it cosmetically will probably not be worth it, you likely won't get out what you put in.

I hate to suggest getting rid of an Infiniti but it might be the best course of action for YOU, but only YOU know YOUR exact situation, how much you have to spend on a nicer newer vehicle, etc.

Why didn't your insurance cover the damage?

Old 11-18-2017, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The insurance only kicked in 1200

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.