New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Who’s in Cali?? I need some car enthusiast girl friends !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who’s in Cali?? I need some car enthusiast girl friends !

what up guys, I’m a chick from Cali with a 04 G35. I’m not sure what mods my car has, as I inherited the car from my brother when he passed away a few months ago while riding his r6. I have an injen intake, borla exhaust, I’ve enjoyed working on my brothers car, trying my best to figure stuff out using this forum so I figured why not join. I need help picking out tires for my car and I’m sitting on 20ins so it’s expensive. Anyone know some decent tires I can buy? Preferably on amazon cuz free shipping, fast, etc. I’ve added some pics of my car. I can’t get my back wheels installed till I get new tires, but they’re charging an arm and a leg per used tire, HELP!

Old 04-11-2018, 07:32 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,457 Likes on 2,151 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I suggest getting into some 18" wheels, the rubber is MUCH less expensive than the 19"/20" ones. You should be able to pick up a set of OEM 18" wheels for a decent price then you can work on getting some rubber for them.

I know this is going to sound wierd but the ACHILLES brand tires sold on Amazon are actually very decent considering the entire set for the 19" wheels costs just under $300. One of my neighbors has a 350Z and he's a poor kid so literally everything on his vehicle is super budget, he ended up ordering them because they were by far the best deal on a new set of tires, the DOT stamp puts the tires at only 6 months old, they're quiet, and they hold a corner pretty darned good. I doubt you'll find a better deal anywhere on the internet for new tires so if you're really trying to do this on the cheap you might check out that route, if you find a set of OEM 18" wheels for a good price you can wrap them in that Amazon rubber for only $250...

Welcome aboard! Car looks pretty clean, sorry to hear about your brother.

EDIT: Btw the last picture with the big rainbow in the background is perfect lol.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:33 PM
Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Welcome to the site, and sorry to hear about your brother. Are you looking for an all-season type tire, or a sportier summer tire? There was a thread discussing tires not too long ago, and a lot of people (myself included) were in support of the BFGoodrich gForce Sport Comp2 (high performance) or the BFG gForce Comp2 (all-season).

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (04-13-2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 01:31 AM
@cleric670
Hi,
thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. So I really wish I knew that before I went and bought a whole new set for the car this month. Lol. Can’t return cuz 2 have been mounted. I have to get tires for the back, but I want to replace all 4. Even if I have to do it in two’s, the back tires need to be replaced ASAP!
My wheel sizes consist of
245/35zR20 95w (20x8.5” +35mm offset)
275/40R20 (20x10” +40mm offset)
I’ll definitely look at the Achilles brand. I have to see how they perform when it’s wet. I live in Humboldt County right now so it rains like 80% of the year smh

(edit) I wish I had the back wheels on in that pic, would’ve looked so much nicer! But thank you!

Last edited by Phknkayy; 04-12-2018 at 01:37 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:35 AM
@g356sp;7136140]Welcome to the site, and sorry to hear about your brother. Are you looking for an all-season type tire, or a sportier summer tire? There was a thread discussing tires not too long ago, and a lot of people (myself included) were in support of the BFGoodrich gForce Sport Comp2 (high performance) or the BFG gForce Comp2 (all-season).[/QUOTE]

Hi there, thanks for the response, im looking for something that performs well in wet conditions. My car hydroplans hella since I live in a super rainy area right now. I visit my family in la a lot too so something that does well in the city also.

My wheel and tire sizes
245/35zR20 95w (20x8.5” +35mm offset)
275/40R20 (20x10” +40mm offset)

i’ll Check the thread you’re talking about and the bf Goodrich ones too thank you

Old 04-12-2018, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
I'm testing out the Achilles brand tires right now. They seem to be doing pretty well and do well in the rain. They slide before they let go, so it's a really fun tire to drive on. I'm gonna get mad haters for this, but similar characteristics to the Michelin Pilot Supersport.

Mileage is definitely *** though. I am at 6000 and the tires are about halfway worn already.

If you drive a lot buy a nice set of 18's.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:19 PM
Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Here is the tire thread I was referring to, though I'm sure there are plenty more:

https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-...hpde-days.html