New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New owner of old G35 6MT :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 01:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New owner of old G35 6MT :)

Hey guys! Awesome looking forum!

Last fall I got an 04 G35 6MT, had 90k miles on it, now over 135k already! I have some questions and things I want to get for her, but for now I just wanted to say hi and that I'm happy to find a good forum about these things. I've liked them ever since the beginning, but this is my first Nissan/Infinity product.

I live in very far north Texas, just a few miles from Oklahoma, in a little German town called Muenster (15m West of Gainesville, 1hr north of DFW). As I work IT mainly in the Frisco/Plano/Southlake area I do a LOT of commuting, about 40-50k a year. I'm going to grab a commuter beater here shortly because the G is killing me on 93 octane at $3.XX a gallon @ 24-25mpg lol.

Previous owner had installed the Stillen intake system, not sure if exhaust is stock. Car was super clean, though of course it has the standard drivers seat tears that I'll have to find an upholstery place to deal with. Shockingly the 6CD in-dash system still works, I've heard that's a trouble spot. Car has been dead reliable so far.

Has the 18s, 225 front, 245 rear IIRC, and the little Brembos. What I want next :

1- Figure out what on this car might not be stock.
2- See if it has the rear differential fluid leak thing. Drives fine, doesn't seem to hop, I don't dog it much.
3- These rims are pretty ragged, and someone did a rough plastidip or something on them, they're really bad. Need either expert refinishing/straightening, or replacement.
4- If I can find a G-buddy in the area more mechanically inclined, maybe I can get help with header/exhaust/tune and G-specific car lookover for problems/opportunities.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to my time here!

Old 06-12-2018, 04:28 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Welcome! I remember when my ole G was stock and black, ahh good days. Looks pretty dang clean from the picture. As far as the mods go, headers do little to nothing for our cars and are a PITA to replace. Unless you're going long tubes, just steer away from them. I would suggest clear corners, painting your headlight housings (or getting the 06-07 projectors), and obviously wheels, coils, and exhaust.

As for the tune, search for a member by the name of Seymore4 on here. Dude does amazing e-tunes.