New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New member check-in (long time reader)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 02:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G35 5AT, 3M clear bra, 15mm wheel spacers (rear), throttle body spacer, custom fitted floor mats.
New member check-in (long time reader)

Greetings everyone. I'm looking forward to participating in the future (as opposed to just lurking in the past).

My other gurl! Freshly washed.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:58 PM
Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Hello and welcome. Looks pretty clean! Sounds like you're familiar with the sticky threads haha, what are your plans for it?

Old 07-25-2018, 04:43 PM
G35 5AT, 3M clear bra, 15mm wheel spacers (rear), throttle body spacer, custom fitted floor mats.
g356sp
Many thanks bud.
Actually, I'm a bungling idiot when it comes to forums (that's why I stayed away so long!); anything you are giving me credit for is pure coincidence!
She's still too "new" (mileage) to go screwing with her too much; especially the engine, but I am looking to add some "comfort"features:
1) double-DIN stereo/navigation (JDM stuff - NO "janky" [IMO] knock-offs. Apologies if I'm offending anyone),
2) some light cosmetics (rear diffuser, high spoiler, wheels, etc.), surround cameras and park-assist system. I'm a little "****" about details (actually a lot) so those will take me a good while since I'm too critical of others' work and end up doing things myself.
3) A Motordyne exhaust system and some coilovers are also definitely in her future.

So many plans, so little time (AND MONEY)! I've had her since new and hope to keep her for a long time still(?).

Thanks again and sorry for the tedious reply but you asked... :-)

All the best bud. Cheers!

Old 07-28-2018, 03:30 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Nice looking car, what year?

Old 10-02-2018, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Nice looking car, what year?
Whoops! My mistake bud (and apologies for taking so long to reply - my time is not always my own); she's a 2006 5AT (my wife's choice - Personally, I prefer to "row" and "Yes, she's a hand-me-down") with 24,442 miles on the odometer as of yesterday (October 1st, 2018). I traded my wife my new car for Gigi last year; We needed a small family car and I thought paddle-shifts would appease me - WRONG! Gigi has some "grunt" but I still miss a MT.

Everything on her is original except:
1) We added an Infiniti OEM spoiler at time of purchase and
2) I added a throttle body spacer recently (To those who might be curious: it may, very well, be just my imagination, but I honestly feel there is a slightly better "pull" when I floor it)

I'm currently working on adding custom (3D-printed) DRL/Turn-signal lights and surround (bird's-eye view) cameras by the new year. This all means that I require a JDM double-DIN adapter, which I am hoping to get in November when we go to Japan. I'm just not prepared to put any crappy knock-off products (like the Metra kit) and nobody seems to have a JDM face-plate, with the dual A/C controls, in stock(?); they advertise it but they don't seem to actually have it(?). I'll post updates as I can.

This is the way Gigi looks 99% of the time; even as a daily driver. We're a little OCD, as a family, when it comes to cars, so all cars have bras and they each have their own detailing kit in the trunk.

Coco on the left, Gigi on the right. "Yes", it's a bit nerdy but we always name our cars.