New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

new from NC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 07:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 g35 stock
new from NC

Hello all,

New member from Charlotte, NC area. I have a 2004 G35 sedan in silver with 309k. Bought it from my friend who commuted in it for many years. Picked up this car as a reliable backup so I could pull another vehicle off the road to finish some long term projects. Really enjoy this car so far.

Had to put on hood hinges day #1, but I knew that going into the purchase.

Thanks for allowing me to join your forum. I need a few parts so hopefully they are for sale around here. Have a great day!

Old 04-08-2019, 12:56 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the family! Lots to learn around here and parts are usually easy to source. Use ebay, the classifieds here and Facebook in your search. It will also save you tons of money if you can do even basic R&M projects yourself. Rockauto online is a great source for new parts both OEM and aftermarket.

Old 04-09-2019, 10:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 g35 stock
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the family! Lots to learn around here and parts are usually easy to source. Use ebay, the classifieds here and Facebook in your search. It will also save you tons of money if you can do even basic R&M projects yourself. Rockauto online is a great source for new parts both OEM and aftermarket.
Thanks for the suggestions!

The main thing I am currently hunting for is a drivers' seat bottom in black leather. All the local stuff for sale is gray. I'm told by a few other G35 owners that black is an uncommon color in the sedan so I expect it will cost me when I do find one.

I come from the XJ Cherokee and 7th Gen Celica world so i've frequently bought from RockAuto. Most times I use rockauto to identify favorited parts that I am after and look the same part up on Amazon to purchase. Rockauto often likes to ship from multiple warehouses which adds to your total. With Amazon prime you get your stuff faster than rockauto anyways. Amazon doesn't do core charges either but their parts compatibility algorithm is not the best, thus why I look it up first elsewhere.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (04-15-2019)