New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New here looking for suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2021 | 10:04 AM
|
It’s diamond graphite and loud
New here looking for suggestions

Hey all this is my first car and I’m absolutely in love I want to supercharge in the next few months it now that I have a steady paycheck hopefully the pictures uploaded definitely want some ideas on body stuff and wheels and I also would really appreciate some ideas on a supercharger kit and a ecu that’s easy to tune as my uncle will be doing it I’m looking to get 420hp 😎

Old 07-26-2021 | 10:54 AM
BANNED!!!
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Premier Member
Vortech supercharger, V3 if you want the sealed system, V2 if you want it to use crankcase oil.

Uprev and tune the stock ECM.

The following users liked this post:
G35boot (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021 | 11:07 AM
|
Originally Posted by cleric670
Vortech supercharger, V3 if you want the sealed system, V2 if you want it to use crankcase oil.

Uprev and tune the stock ECM.
thank you bro ima start doing some research rn off the top of your head do you know any pluses and minuses to either of the superchargers

Old 07-26-2021 | 02:19 PM
BANNED!!!
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Premier Member
No it just depends on what you want lubricating the supercharger. Personally I like the V2 for the sake of having one less fluid type, you MUST run a pan spacer and aftermarket oil cooler if you're going FI and it's easy enough to drill a hole in the upper pan for the oil return.

Some folks are terrified of drilling the upper pan so the V3 makes sense for them, I drill holes in metal almost ever single day so it's no biggie for me. Another option is running the oil return directly to the spacer since they're usually tapped for it, personally I don't like running oil returns BELOW the oil level since they never have the flow you will get when it's draining above the oil level.

If you do tap into a pan spacer make sure you have more crankcase ventilation than you actually need. Any crankcase pressure is going to reduce flow even further if you're draining into a spacer.

There's TONS AND TONS AND TONS of threads on the vortech supercharger and various ways people have them set up. Spend a month google searching and reading up.

Old 07-26-2021 | 03:15 PM
|
I appreciate you brother I’ll be sure too I’m lookin at at-least 3 months from after I buy the ecm which should be next month thank you so much man!!!

Old 07-26-2021 | 04:03 PM
BANNED!!!
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Premier Member
Also just so you're aware, if you're on stock non-rev DE rods I don't think you'll hit 420 whp without bending one, 400 is basically the limit of what the stock rods can take. If it's a rev-up DE they can handle about 420 but that's the ceiling, you should seriously think about upgraded rods it you are serious about targetting 420whp because that's the HARD LIMIT.