New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Hi, finally made an account, stuck on this steering wheel alignment fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today | 02:21 AM
|
Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ Brembo Sport package
Hi, finally made an account, stuck on this steering wheel alignment fix

(You can skip this first paragraph) Hi, I've been on this forum and others, and reddit, looking for a solution. I thought I was looking in the right places but I even asked a mechanic friend of mine for help and he can't find the solution either (Please take it easy on me)

So recently I replaced my Steering wheel clock spring in my car and when putting the steering wheel back on, the splines didn't match up to make the wheel straight. It was either a little too far left or too far right. The car was perfectly aligned before doing the job. Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong for it do be going back on the steering shaft crooked? Below is the picture of my problem. Thank you in advance to anyone who answers

This is the photo of it a little to the left. This is the closest to center I can get it

Old Today | 04:23 AM
Thats probably how it was when u removed it. Is the steering wheel prefectly centered when the car is driving straight?