New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New G35 Owner! PIC! & Double Din Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New G35 Owner! PIC! + Question!

Hey everyone, my name's Mike and I'm another new G35 driver checking in.

After being obsessed with MINI Coopers for over 3 years, all it took was one test drive in my friend's G35 and I was hooked. Byebye Cooper 'S'.

Honestly though, I was in love with the MINI. I have keychains, posters, movies, and other collectibles related to MINI's. And then the sexy G35 came into my life and ruined everything. Not necessarily 'ruined' per se, but the idea of driving a 'cute' vehicle quickly vanished when I found out I could actually afford a G35. First impressions: Holy F*ck this car is nice! The single covered car-port spot allotted to my apartment that I share with my girlfriend has now become MINE! Her Honda now has to fend off door dings while my G35 is sittin' pretty in the shade... oh, and for a car with 30,000 miles, it still smells new.

This is the only picture of it so far. I can't possibly post more pictures until I've spent $4 or $5 grand on modifications like everyone else here.

The previous owner of this car was supposedly an 'heiress' and her parents own a winery somewhere in the Livermore, CA area. (Hence her personalized plate) The seller's agent mentioned Mitchell Katz Winery, but who knows....

This is the first vehicle that is actually mine! My past 3 vehicles were all bought and paid for by my dad. Seeing that I'm nearly 25 yrs old, I decided to sack up and stop suckling my fathers teet. haha. The sense of pride of ownership is incredible! Especially with this automobile! I admit that the first ding I receive will cause at least a week of heavy binge drinking...

Anyway, onto my first modification question:

Is there anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area that is willing to solder the Dual Climate Control button onto a new A/C unit when I undertake the Double Din conversion? Obviously I'd pay you for your time.... i.e.- Drinks, Food, or Cash. I just don't want to purchase the unit from Yoshi in Japan and then destroy it with my non-existent welding skills.

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this forum and be part of this club!

~Mike

Last edited by MikeyP; 10-06-2005 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mikey, Congrats to you on your new G and welcome to the boards. I trust you are enjoying your G.

You might consider posting your question either in the Northern California or Nor Cal G forums. There are many able local fellow G owners there that might be able to help you. Good luck!