Pocono race way pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pocono race way pictures

the rest can be found here
http://g350z.org/images/pocono06/bogettis.htm
For those that were there, if you want the full size full res version of any pictures send me a PM with the picture name

And Sal I think i'm going to buy the kenstyle sides after oogling at yours all day. Those fuggers make the car look fast standing still

Old 06-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by willthethrill

the rest can be found here
http://g350z.org/images/pocono06/bogettis.htm
For those that were there, if you want the full size full res version of any pictures send me a PM with the picture name

And Sal I think i'm going to buy the kenstyle sides after oogling at yours all day. Those fuggers make the car look fast standing still
Nice

How come so many pics of the IP... ... j/k

Old 06-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Thanks for pics sharing.

For some reason photographer preferred his car

Originally Posted by O NO
Nice

Old 06-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by O NO
Nice

hahha yeah she was a little biased...nothing personal

Old 06-21-2006, 11:01 AM
howd the g35s fare against the Sti and other subies

Old 06-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 06BLACKMT
howd the g35s fare against the Sti and other subies
I personally got anihilated. Last year, I passed more than a couple during open lapping, but I was also downshifting into 2nd coming into the straights. This year I stayed in third and they'd blow right past me on the straights. However, in the pit, the drivers said they were heavily modded. I drove with VDC off this year, and I didn't want to take the risk of slamming into the wall with all that power in 2nd coming out of a turn. VDC kept that all in check for me last year. Yeah, I'm a pu$$y.

Old 06-21-2006, 04:28 PM
HAHAH I also got my a$$ handed to me by a few of the scoobys. Last year i was trying to go fast, this year i was busy trying to hit every turn perfectly. I always kept the vdc on i don't like going through the chicane facing the wrong direction like some people hahahaha.
That one STI from Subaru of America was like a flat out race car, he blew by me more than once I need some FI before next year haha

Old 06-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Its funny how I haven’t seen them on the track - I was too busy with my own car. But I do remember when yellow Z06 (T3) thundered by me.

Having switched OEM brake pads two days earlier to B-Force, which bite much sooner and stronger, I was trying different braking points and at the end of the day was very happy with them.

I also kept VDC on all the time, but it was kicking in too many times and getting on my nerves specially on the Bowl (with understeer) while all the way down in the turn. Once I changed my apex from inside line to the middle line it become much quieter. Yea I was too tired and scared (*****?) to turn it off.

This track needs lot more rubber than my stock Pilots that looked tiny comparing to what I saw in the garage on other cars. With 7/32 threads left on the front and 6/32 on the rear, I started with 40 psi front and 38 psi rear with D-specs set at 2. I end up with 38 psi all around but wasn’t happy at all. Although I had IR pyrometer with me there was no chance to measure tire temps while instructor was with me. I don’t know what to do with my suspension. Btw, what is the widest tire that can go on stock 18” wheels?

Most of the north side I was running in third gear except on short straight (before devils elbow) which was in fourth and in second gear on last turn just before the wall. Second gear was also in exit of the chicane. Straights and the Bowl were mostly fifth gear.

I had 2 degrees advanced timing until Sat. afternoon when random misfire popped up. Don’t know if cause was poor 93 octane gasoline that I bought in front of Wawa or something else. I started logging most of the ECU parameters but forgot to strap my laptop in the trunk so now I have broken power connector that I need to fix.

Overall very exacting weekend and I am looking forward for next event. Is anyone going to Watkins Glen on July 28-30?

Old 06-23-2006, 01:35 PM
More pictures courtesy of Gerald.. Click the pic

Last edited by willthethrill; 06-24-2006 at 02:12 AM.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:59 PM
It was great to see some faces from last year's session, with some new friends this year.

Thanks, Will(BMW), dovla & afr0puff, it was fun...must do it again next year....going back to school and relearn the art of driving

Looking forward to seeing you guys again, real soon.

G