NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

NJ Inspection Check Point

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NJ Inspection Check Point

I just got nailed by a totally random New Jersey Motor Vehicle Inspection station (MVC Mobile Inspection Team). Aside from being given 2 tickets from the police (no front plate, tint), the MVC FAILED my inspection on the spot. They removed my valid inspection sticker for up till 2009, and put a FAILED sticker on. Nothing I can do about it, the cop was standing right next to the guy.

My question is, does anyone in central/northern NJ have any inspection hookups? I am originally from NY, and have none of those kinds of connections in NJ.

PS. The inspection station was located on 514 going towards the Woodbridge Mall near the Armory, watch out.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:34 PM
holy shat batman

Old 06-23-2006, 07:43 PM
G SQUAD
besides tint and no plate what did they fail you for anyway??

Old 06-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by njsfastestg
besides tint and no plate what did they fail you for anyway??
As per the Vehicle Inspection Report.

It has failed inspection for the following condition(s):

Glass failure: tinting

Spray tint on R-Lens/3rd B-Light Missing.

License plates present but not mounted (just my front was not mounted)

Obstructed license plates

Surprisingly even though I have test pipes, as per the OBD system, I passed emissions. Could have something to do with the non-foulers I have in to trick the O2 sensors.

This is 100% totally random, and everyone I have spoken with is very surprised. Granted the things I failed for are required in order to PASS, I think it's total bs that they randomly do this to people. As I stated earlier, if anyone has any hookups, please pass them along, or else I am SOL.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:01 PM
GSQUAD
Hey crypten. Actually I am friend's with lana (Mike's gf) and she asked me because I live in Bayonne. My inspection sticker is good til 2007 but I am not sure what you would do in a situation like this. I know of some connections but I need to make sure they can do this for you. If anything can't you just fix the mistakes they failed you for and go back to inspection? Seriously, I have never seen anything like this.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by bebe70024
Hey crypten. Actually I am friend's with lana (Mike's gf) and she asked me because I live in Bayonne. My inspection sticker is good til 2007 but I am not sure what you would do in a situation like this. I know of some connections but I need to make sure they can do this for you. If anything can't you just fix the mistakes they failed you for and go back to inspection? Seriously, I have never seen anything like this.
Hey bebe, thanks for looking into it for me, Lana told me she was going to ask a friend, I appreciate the help. Basically I don't need to worry about emissions, just the stuff I mentioned above. I have 45 days, so if you know of anyone, please PM me the details.

I can fix the issues easily, ie: remove tint, remove overlays, but it's going to cost me more to get it reinstalled, which sucks. I have never seen anything like it either, in NJ or NY, but always a first time for everything. I guess you can call this a heads up to anyone that is approaching a checkpoint in NJ from now on, turn around if you can. Pretty f'ed up, but what can you do.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:09 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Seems like NJ is more strict on traffic laws than in PA. Glad we didn't move there. I bought a radar dectector specifically for when I travel through NJ on my way to Cape May for deep sea fishing, btw, I'll be going again this weekend

Old 06-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by RXM
Seems like NJ is more strict on traffic laws than in PA. Glad we didn't move there. I bought a radar dectector specifically for when I travel through NJ on my way to Cape May for deep sea fishing, btw, I'll be going again this weekend
Very strict.

Btw, my V1 did nothing to help me. They had it setup around a turn, no way to avoid it, no radar warning at all.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:43 PM
I saw these guys on a local road near where I work. Just pulling over random people. It sucks!! Sorry it happened to you.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:16 PM
i saw this in Lincroft, NJ on a random road guys. Just two cops that were in a dealer's empty lot stopping traffic in the one lane, looking at cars one by one.
(as i drove up the road there were ppl doing K turns getting the hell out of there..pretty funny)

Old 06-23-2006, 11:40 PM
They do that in Spotswood/East Brunswick area a lot as well. what you have to do, is pull over, kick a U turn, and find a way around that. specially if you see the big white box truck with the cops, I have done that before when I had my STi, I know they saw me do it, but I couldnt care less, let them chase me down if they really want me that bad.

RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think NJ just found its new cash cow, right up there next to racial profiling.

P.S. where are all of you from in Jersey? I am right off of exit 8a basically. NOT Jamesburg though.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:48 AM
The mobile unit I saw was in Chatham. I'm not far from there.

Old 06-24-2006, 11:41 AM
i saw one right when you get off exit 8a on tpke.. i was going to monroe... mostly were pulling over trucks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NJ Inspection Check Point