NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

it's official, you just can't own anything nice anymore ::again::

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tkman00
the one odd thing was, they also swiped my insurance and registration. no clue what that was about.
It was about having your address to come and get the rest of the goodies!

Run a search on here because I know a year or so ago there were talks of peeps in Jersey having their registrations and insurance cards stolen and I forgot what the reason was exactly for that.

GET OUT OF JERSEY CITY!!!

Old 04-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Banned
ARBELLA INSURANCE all the way. people arouns boston that have COMMERCE INSURANCE learn the hard way THEY DONT LIKE TO PAY OUT. they will find any reason to NOT PAY you. if its theft, forget it! you will get the lowest blulebook and they will not pay for any aftermarket parts.. they will say you didnt buy xtra insurance for the aftermarket parts or if the part is not bolted to the CHASIS, like your AMPS and SUBS , then insurance wont pay for someone snatching your system.

COMMERCE is the WORST!

Old 04-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by G35Girlie
That really sucks! I am sorry to hear about that. Luckily I have had no problems with my FX here so far.

On another note, this is why I HATE geico...some chick hit me last year while I was in my G Coupe and she had geico. They told me that the reason their insurance is so cheap is because they won't fix cars with NEW parts, only USED. I was pissed since my G was less than a month old. I didn't even have license plates yet. After fighting and threatening them they finally paid for new, but only because I told them I would just go through my own insurance and they could reimburse them, either way they were going to pay for the new.

Where is the Pathmark on Grand? By the McDonalds and Sunoco near Libery State Park?
I hope you can
yeap that's the one. but the one on 440 isnt that great either.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by SPEEED
Sorry to hear about it bro

Why do you leave the GPS for all to see? You need to start hiding it.

Maybe to find out where you live and see if you have any other nice stuff in your driveway...
yah i suppose shame on me for just leaving it on there, figured it's not really worth much nowadays. i've also contacted security at my complex to let them know, and we're probably having a locksmith come by on monday.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Diesel1
It was about having your address to come and get the rest of the goodies!

Run a search on here because I know a year or so ago there were talks of peeps in Jersey having their registrations and insurance cards stolen and I forgot what the reason was exactly for that.

GET OUT OF JERSEY CITY!!!
thanks for the fyi. look above on the security bit. on a side note, if you don't want to make a whole lotta noise when smashing in the window, pry open the b pillar near the window to release the pressure.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:16 PM
yeap that's the one. but the one on 440 isnt that great either.
Yeah, I won't go to the one on 440. SOOO Sketchy!!!

The reason they took your cards is because they are going to try and use your cards to re-vin a stolen FX or G motor. This is what the cops told me when my Integra was broken into in Ramsey. They said that with a valid registration card and insurance card they can go and get the motor they have re-vin'd saying that it is theirs. Now how that is possible I do not know. I think that is nuts, but that is what the cops told me. I am so sorry to hear what happened.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:30 PM
wow, didnt know that was possible. i guess this is just an eye opener. doesnt matter how much you have/own, you really cant own anything nice anymore . live and learn i suppose.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Ahhh yesss....good ol' Jersey City ! Both those Pathmarks are shady! I usually go to Shoprite by Newport Mall, but that place gets crazy crowded! Just curious, where do you all live in JC??? Oh and i hav my car locked in a garage *knock on wood*

Old 04-22-2007, 03:01 PM
port lib

Old 04-22-2007, 09:19 PM
G SQUAD
sorry man cthis is why i drive a beater and go to a&p by newport.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:43 PM
port lib
i live up in journal sq. and im always paranoid leaving my car on my driveway..i always hav locked in my garage. but it also means i rarely drive it since i hav to manually open it in addition to moving another car parked on the driveway (one car garage = one lane driveway). anyways...jc sux, lol!

Old 04-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RXM
Sucks, but you always have to remove things like that from plain view. The hassle of taking it down and putting it back up again when you need it is better than leaving it in the window. Its going to attract attention of the wrong kind. I usually take down my hardwired radar detector when I'm in a area where I don't feel uncomfortable for that very reason.

You are right though, you can't have anything nice anymore without some smuck trying to get his hands on it or destroying it. Sorry to hear insurance won't pick it up, maybe your home owners will though.

Good luck man.
+1 i lock everything that could be locked up. the nicer the stuff the more cautious you have to be. sucks, but thats the world we live in. but its just matierial stuff. you can always get a new one. its a lot better than bein at a red light and havin some ****er put to glock to your head talkin about get the **** out!

Originally Posted by Jerze Rat
Welcome to Jersey City, NJ you have been able to own anything nice there since 1985.
hey are you still in iraq?

Last edited by Juan-g35; 04-23-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Society Hill area.

I go to Stop & Shop down 440 in Bayonne. SOOO much nicer and safer!

Old 04-24-2007, 08:12 AM
damn...didnt realize everyone lives nearby me! where do u guys chill out in jc?? yeah...still kinda new in the area and i normally just head out to the city. or sometimes hoboken

Old 04-24-2007, 08:42 AM
sorry to hear that. i am all to familiar with friends getting thier cars stolen and broken into. both my brothers got their trucks broken into. I kept my G in a garage for about 2 years with no problem. I would still be there but hte owner sold the house. Now i park it in my driveway and keep it under a cover. I do not like parking in the streets either. I am surprised i never ran into any of you in jersey city. i am right off of west side avenue. I am heading up to my brother's house today to pick up my R6. You can only imagine what goes through my mind of someone coming and breaking into my G and then stealing my R6. This is why i keep both under cover and out of sight. Jersey city pathmarks does suck, I usualy go to stop and shop in bayonne.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: it's official, you just can't own anything nice anymore ::again::