Altered Atmosphere's In-House Engine / Machine Shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Altered Atmosphere's In-House Engine / Machine Shop

What’s going on everyone,

I want to introduce the forum to our new machining facility and extend an open invitation for you all to come down anytime and check out our Machining & Service Facilities, meet our employees, and see our work first-hand. If you‘re considering an engine build, a turbo build-up, or a bolt-on upgrade, give me a call and I’ll be glad to personally go over everything in specific detail.

What makes our engines stand-out? There are a lot of machine and service shops that can machine and build Nissan engines. However, WE ARE ONE OF FEW companies in the United States with the equipment, knowledge, and technical expertise to machine VQ35DE blocks to oem blueprint specifications at tolerances more precise than factory. Here at Altered Atmosphere Motorsports, our state-of-the-art machining facility provides you with the most precise, finest machining available on the market today. (Not to mention we live and breathe this stuff! )

Altered Atmosphere's In-House Engine / Machine Shop-64.jpgAltered Atmosphere's In-House Engine / Machine Shop-12.jpg

Using our RMC V-40, a true simultaneous 4-axis, PC based, CNC-Controlled machining center equipped to handle precision engine blueprinting and rebuilding, our engineers will custom machine your block to blue print specification or to any custom specification requested. Utilizing an infrared laser probing system, the RMC V-40 CNC-Controlled engine machining center will inspect your block and automatically determine the bore size and amount of machining needed to meet custom specifications we’ve programmed for you. The V-40’s True Blueprinting Fixture offers quick, easy, and accurate set-up for performance block machining. The fixture maintains a true crankshaft to camshaft relationship for correct alignment of all surfaces. AAM’s machining process far surpasses the industry standard of .003 machine tolerance. Eliminating human error from the machining process, AAM CNC machining provides super precise .0002 machine tolerance.

Altered Atmosphere's In-House Engine / Machine Shop-sunnen-rmc-v40.jpgAltered Atmosphere's In-House Engine / Machine Shop-img_7574.jpg
If you have any questions or comments, or just want to say hello, stop by the shop, drop me an email at ClintonM@AlteredAtmosphere.com or give me a call 301.330.8835!

Old 09-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Received 300 Likes on 192 Posts
Bump for these guys... they run a clean operation and will soon build my car!

Old 09-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Banned
So when you getting the Makino 5-Axis machining center???? That Sunnen looks a lot nicer then ours! Congrads guys!!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Thanks RebelinRI. Anyone need a motor for Oct?