NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Speeding Ticket (MA)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
Going to court with that attitude in the Commonwealth is a guaranteed way to end up being found responsible.

The standard of proof is "preponderance of the credible evidence" for civil violations, not "proof beyond a reasonable doubt". A 51/49 split is all it takes to get the big "R" on the hearing sheet.

It's better to go in being honest and asking for mercy.
Hell no.. u can never be honest.. u gotta go in there with a plan....been honest will get u f%cked cuzz u throwing urself under the Bus... i mean u say that cuzz ur in LAw Enforcement.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by FutureGDriver
Hell no.. u can never be honest.. u gotta go in there with a plan....been honest will get u f%cked cuzz u throwing urself under the Bus... i mean u say that cuzz ur in LAw Enforcement.
I sat on the other side of the table MORE than my share of times. I tried the whole "look what I found on the internet about radar guns"... and got the big R. Every time I was a professional adult about it, I got the sexy NR.

But do as you wish.... The magistrates follow your lead... If you're cool, so are they. If you start playing lawyer, they start adhering to 90c/3 to the exact letter of the law, and you're fighting an uphill battle.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:34 PM
well goodluck.... go in there and be respecful and not tongue tied cuzz they will no right there that u are BS and don't go ahead and tell them he was inside the car with the radar....cuzz they gonna be like yeeah and what!! just talking from experience.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Lidar Ftw!

Old 11-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
Lidar Ftw!

Old 11-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Don't ever admit your guilt man. Either way still loose, unless you pay a lawyer. So take your chance, go to the 1st hearing and 90% you will not win. Asking for the 2nd appealing and looking for the date right before a big ar$$ holiday. More chance for you. If in winter time even better chance, especially Lowell officers. Most of them are not Lowell residents. They're from other city/town and chances of them showing at the court on cold and snowy day is not worth it. Fight and lie till you die! Worst case is you get a fine, not like its gonna end your life.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm gonna take a wild guess that you were on RT.3. They have been running crazy radar traps from Burlington to Nashua. I thought I was getting nabbed tonight on my way up to BJ's but I lucked out.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:09 AM
Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
^ how about Lowell connector?

Old 11-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Go to court, and when they ask for your side of the story, tell it like Edith from All in the Family.

Start with, it was a sunny Thursday morning. I remember it because I was getting into my car and I noticed that my sunglasses weren't where I normally keep them. I was at friend's house on Wednesday and was helping him work on a new deck. I was wearing my sunglassses because his house faces North-west. When his house was built, they decided to point the house in a direction that would allow for optimal light when waking up in the morning and would also offer beautiful sunsets in the evening. Last Summer, I took a trip to Key West. They had some wonderful sunsets. We were on a cruise. My girlfriend hurt her foot on that trip and we spent most of the time sitting by the pool. They had 6 pools on that ship. One had water slides. Ever been to Atlantis? They have a cool waterslide....

They're going to tell you to shut up before you get 30 seconds into your story and find you not guilty.

At least, that's how it worked for me.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Go to court, and when they ask for your side of the story, tell it like Edith from All in the Family.

Start with, it was a sunny Thursday morning. I remember it because I was getting into my car and I noticed that my sunglasses weren't where I normally keep them. I was at friend's house on Wednesday and was helping him work on a new deck. I was wearing my sunglassses because his house faces North-west. When his house was built, they decided to point the house in a direction that would allow for optimal light when waking up in the morning and would also offer beautiful sunsets in the evening. Last Summer, I took a trip to Key West. They had some wonderful sunsets. We were on a cruise. My girlfriend hurt her foot on that trip and we spent most of the time sitting by the pool. They had 6 pools on that ship. One had water slides. Ever been to Atlantis? They have a cool waterslide....

They're going to tell you to shut up before you get 30 seconds into your story and find you not guilty.

At least, that's how it worked for me.

WOW

Old 11-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 11-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
LOL at the "mod king" in your sig, I think I might know who that is

U get that turbo on yet??

Old 11-25-2008, 08:58 AM
The first time I went to court for speeding (40 in a 25), I was an adult about it and they threw out the ticket (Framingham, MA). The second time I went to court for speeding (70 in a 40), I was an adult about it and all they did was lower the ticket (Brighton, MA). Soooo, my belief is do what your conscience will allow you to. If you have solid reason to show that you were not speeding, then prove it in court. If you don't, man up and take it...you may get lucky.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by virtualbong
The first time I went to court for speeding (40 in a 25), I was an adult about it and they threw out the ticket (Framingham, MA). The second time I went to court for speeding (70 in a 40), I was an adult about it and all they did was lower the ticket (Brighton, MA). Soooo, my belief is do what your conscience will allow you to. If you have solid reason to show that you were not speeding, then prove it in court. If you don't, man up and take it...you may get lucky.
Gotta love Framingham

Old 11-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Driver19
I got speeding ticket in Lowell today and the police officer was using lidar.. He was in his car with the window down i believe when he was using it though.. doesn't that make it less accurate?
Sorry to hear that man. I read the whole thread, but not sure why you think this would be less accurate? All staties I've seen on the Pike, and I-84 in MA & CT sit in their car with the gun pointed upstream (with the windows down).

Just curious.

Good luck getting out of it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Speeding Ticket (MA)