NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

birthday suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
birthday suggestions

my boyfriend owns an infiniti g35 coupe. his birthday is coming soon, and i wanted to get him something for his car. does anyone have any sugggestions on what to get him? something within a reasonable price range!

Old 07-16-2004, 10:43 AM
Re: birthday suggestions

What's reasonable? What color? What color interior? There are a million things to get him. Does he keep the car outside or in? Does he wax his own car? If he would be up to modding the car a bit, you can a Cold Air Induction system for around $200 - $300. If you provide a price range, there will be a million people here with a million suggestions on how to spend your money! You'll probably even be able to start a BF waiting list in case your current BF messes up! JK
Shoot me some more info, as much as possible. Guys and their cars are sometimes difficult, different strokes for different folks. The more detail you can provide the better.

2003 6MT Black Coupe, Premium Pkg. w/ Aero
20% tint all around, Aluminum Pedals

Old 07-16-2004, 03:07 PM

its a black '03, with black interior. he keeps it outside, and yes he waxes it! he has a cold air intake. i don't know how much info i can give you. reasonable price range, well i don't know, i can spend anywhere from $100 to maybe $200, but $200 is on the high side for me right now, so more towards $100 would be best.

Old 07-16-2004, 03:11 PM

For 120, I'd buy one of the Wax kits from Zaino...$120 for wax kit is one of those things that I would absolutely love if someone bought for me, but I have trouble justifying it with my own cash...

Old 07-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Banned

[b]www.Griotsgarage.com

and there is always the G35 version of "the mile high club"

<font color=green>04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf RSG CC
2004 Pathfinder for the family
</font color=green>

Old 07-16-2004, 03:24 PM

Blitzjb- Do you happen to work for Griots Garage or are you just that firm of a believer in they're products...I must say I only have one application of wax on my 1 month old car so far, but it is Griots Garage and it came out beautifully...I've just never really waxed cars before so I don't have another product to compare it too...Also the wax belonged to my boss who asked me to try it out on my car, so I'm due to purchase some myself...Is there a certain kit you suggest?

Old 07-16-2004, 04:20 PM
Banned

[b]I do not work for Griots. I have been using their products for many years on the recommendation of my brother in law who is a clean car freak. I have tried many different brand products and I find that Griots always seems to do a better job.

They have some good kits that combine cleaners, and waxes.

I use the speed shine and wheel cleaner by the gallon.

They were also kind enough to send the NY/LI G Group a bottle of speed shine to use as a door (parking lot) prize at our last meet. Plenty of pictures in the Northeast forum.

Check out my bro-in-laws cars at www.leonoff.net

Prem Aero Perf RSG CC
</font color=green>

Old 07-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Banned

This is probably the best way to go to start:

$60

$200

Prem Aero Perf RSG CC
</font color=green>

Old 07-16-2004, 04:49 PM

I would also reco the Zaino Kit that includes the leather cleaner and conditioner. If not, then I would also reco a car cover since it's kept outside. I bought a Noah Evolution I think from California Car Covers for about 160 I think. They knew alot about what covers would work best for which particular climate. I only use it when my car is clean. You would not want to use it when the car is dirty. My car usually sleeps all week and only comes out on the weekend : ( If his is a daily driver, then no point in a car cover. I also have an 03 Black Coupe and use Zaino products. Not the easiest to use or the most difficult, but provide a hell of a shine and protection! You can pics the shine if you click on my screenname. The picture of my trunk with the reflection was taken right after a Zaino application.

Almost forgot, if he doesn't have the aluminum racing pedals, it's pretty much a must!!! You could find them at any infiniti dealer if you are in a time crunch! If you have time, I think Grubbs Infiniti has the lowest price. Should cost about $100 with delivery!

2003 6MT Black Coupe, Premium Pkg. w/ Aero
20% tint all around, Aluminum Pedals

Old 07-16-2004, 08:05 PM

BlitzJB- I was only kidding about you working for Griots Garage...lol either way I mentioned I've used their products once and they worked great...I haven't used the Speed Shine, is it really effective? How often do you use it? Is it to maintain the freshly waxed look? Do you feel the 200 kit is worth it or is the 60 kit plenty? I'll do what it takes for my baby...

Old 07-16-2004, 11:08 PM

i don't know if he has aluminum racing pedals. i have seen them and they are silver, but i have no idea. i don't know if i like the idea of buying him wax for his birthday. it's only wax, but i guess if he uses it enough its good. car cover would i think be pointless. he drives it every day. as for the g35high club, that would only be part of the present.

Old 07-18-2004, 02:34 AM
G SQUAD

Get him the all weather mats from Grubbs Infiniti.com
since that car is his everyday driver...he'll appreciate the mats in the winter and summber so it wont JACK up his nice embriodered Infiniti mats .....with water and snow and mudd ...etc

Lexus for my luxury and G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH.....click this Link -&gt;

Old 07-18-2004, 02:45 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok you know what, forget all of this wax and stuff that doesnt add some extra HP Get him the Unorthodox Racing crank pulley, he'll love it. Tell him its from Marty-Mar =) Nah but seriously, look into the crank pulley.

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 07-18-2004, 06:04 PM

Does he have his windows tinted? If not, you could take his car to get it tinted..that would be nice!!

03.5s/Brillant Silver/Premium/Sport/Winter Pkg

Old 07-18-2004, 07:32 PM

"If not, you could take his car to get it tinted"

....would you ever let your girlfriend drive your g35? i sure as hell wouldn't. and even if she did surprise me with windows tinted i'd go beserk cause she stole my car.

but thats just me...oh god i hope amanda isn't reading this. i love you baby..

Jeff - Look for me in the black G
2004.5 G35 Coupe
5AT / Black on Black / Premium / Splash / ClearCorners

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: birthday suggestions