Winter Mod Thread...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
suweet!

Old 02-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hardest part was coming up with a mounting system for the foglight projector but after going through several of the build threads here i came up with my own and it seems to be perfect so far. I'm using the stock projectors from a broken set of assemblies I had at home to perform this retrofit. these headlights will contain:

6000K D2S bulbs in headlights and fogs
7443 Turn signal socket mod
projector turn signals
LED amber turn signal bulbs
foglight HID kit will be internal to the headlight ( no ballasts to mount on the front crash support like a normal retrofit would require)
foglights will have high beam function same as the headlights
foglights won't turn off when the high beams are turned on or flashed

Old 02-16-2011, 04:55 PM
looks like it is comin along really good! ;-D

Old 02-16-2011, 07:44 PM
LED side mirror blinkers are in, pics will be coming. next:

Old 02-18-2011, 12:07 PM
So i finally got the LED side mirrors installed! Hope you like em! ;-D

Old 02-19-2011, 10:21 PM
need to get around to it now:

Old 02-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
not my g but...

2.5 pulley
3in dp
posi
new clutch
launch control
nls
drop maf install sd
new tune

Old 02-22-2011, 02:23 PM
I finially finished the fitting of the shrouds for the projector foglight mod. I had been chipping away at this project for the past 2 weeks and last night I had some free time after work so I got alot done. All thats left now is the final paint job on the bezels (gloss black bezels with silver metallic flake paint on the shrouds) and wiring the quad highbeam function along with the mounting of the ballasts for the foglight HID kit. I anticipate having these finished and installed this weekend with any luck

so far this is what I have done to them:

upgraded stock projector lenses to TSX clear lenses
upgraded stock foglight projector lenses to TSX clear lenses
painted foglight projectors gloss black
7443 turn signal socket mod
upgraded turn signal assemblies to TSX projector lenses
load resistors wired into the turn signal harness to prevent hyperblinking with the LEDs I'm using
6,000K D2S HID headlight bulbs
6,000K D2S HID foglight bulbs

I pieced together thru multiple sources a custom HID kit that connects to the stock foglight wiring but powers D2S bulbs instead of H1 bulbs with super slim ballasts that will fit the assemblies internally instead of having to mount them externally. I have 40 build pics that I've taken during the process in case anyone is interested

Last edited by PSSSH; 02-22-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:24 PM
gitrdone!

Old 02-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
X
finally have all the stuff in that i want to get on before the spring. nothing too earth shattering but i think it will temporarily keep me happy....

motordyne spacer, belts, midpipe with resonator cut out + new gaskets, LEDs, filter cleaner... you can also see i am working on a sheetmetal replacement for the crappy plastic undershroud. i ripped mine off back in dec...

now I just have to find a garage...

Old 02-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by djfarhan
gitrdone!
I emailed ForzaG35 like 53 pics of the build this morning LOL

I'm waiting for him to gimme some feedback on them now

Old 02-23-2011, 09:03 PM
haha nice

Old 02-25-2011, 10:15 AM
I'm so pissed! I spent 2 nights working on the bezels as far as painting them the two colors I wanted to use. I primered the bezels and let them sit for a solid 24 hours next to the heater to make sure they were fully dry before applying any paint. I painted the projector shrouds a sick satin nickel with a real fine metal flake in it. It looked amazing when it was fully dry. I masked off the painted shrouds with blue painters tape so I could paint the rest of the bezels black. I applied the gloss black paint to the bezels and let it dry for 24hrs before attempting to remove the blue tape on the shrouds. I was preparing everything for a couple coats of gloss clearcoat to finish it off. As I was removing the blue tape from the shrouds it started pulling the metal flake paint off the shrouds.

I had to strip all the paint and primer off the shrouds and bezels last night with a paint thinner so I can start all over again tonight with the paint work. I stopped at Home Depot last night and picked up a different type of painters tape called "delicate surface" which has a lower adhesion rate or something so hopefully it doesn't pull up the paint this time. I was hoping to have these finished tonight or tomorrow afternoon so I could put them on car but now that I lost like 3 days worth of work I don't see that happening until early next week

FML

Old 02-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PSSSH
I'm so pissed! I spent 2 nights working on the bezels as far as painting them the two colors I wanted to use. I primered the bezels and let them sit for a solid 24 hours next to the heater to make sure they were fully dry before applying any paint. I painted the projector shrouds a sick satin nickel with a real fine metal flake in it. It looked amazing when it was fully dry. I masked off the painted shrouds with blue painters tape so I could paint the rest of the bezels black. I applied the gloss black paint to the bezels and let it dry for 24hrs before attempting to remove the blue tape on the shrouds. I was preparing everything for a couple coats of gloss clearcoat to finish it off. As I was removing the blue tape from the shrouds it started pulling the metal flake paint off the shrouds.

I had to strip all the paint and primer off the shrouds and bezels last night with a paint thinner so I can start all over again tonight with the paint work. I stopped at Home Depot last night and picked up a different type of painters tape called "delicate surface" which has a lower adhesion rate or something so hopefully it doesn't pull up the paint this time. I was hoping to have these finished tonight or tomorrow afternoon so I could put them on car but now that I lost like 3 days worth of work I don't see that happening until early next week

FML

LOL!!!!!!! im sure ur gonna put all this in a Documentary when the car is completely done!...

Old 02-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by FutureGDriver
LOL!!!!!!! im sure ur gonna put all this in a Documentary when the car is completely done!...
hell yeah! Chapter 17: FML Part 3

ROFLMAO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Winter Mod Thread...