Rosenthall and Passport are Chapping my *ss

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 08:56 AM
Cmon Son!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rosenthall and Passport just doing their job

** Edit **

Im taking out name calling here. its not proffessional. The dealerships I Went to are doing their job. Trying to make profit. I was just able to find a deal elsewhere. No hard feelings.

Last edited by clokwork; 01-27-2005 at 01:01 PM. Reason: removal of names
Old 01-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Sorry man. I thought Passport would come through with you. Have you seen if you can get VPP pricing through Grubbs? That may be a better option for you if you're looking for the cheapest price. Even if you have to get it shipped it would come out cheaper. I'd take a look at the comparison numbers and look for yourself. Then again I'm not sure how your trade-in would fit in.

I did tell you I got mine from Jim Coleman but only because I got the VPP there. THere's also one up around Baltimore that I've heard people have liked but like any dealership. Some have great experiences, some have poor ones.

Old 01-24-2005, 02:00 PM
I picked up mine from Rosenthal, but only b/c the finance guy and saleswoman chased me into the parking lot as i was backing out!! I walked out on them 2x b/c they tried to BS me on the 'fees' and costs...but on the 2nd walk out I was threw w/ Rosenthal and they promised me the price so I agreed. I was on my way to passport but they also got on my nerves b/c b4 driving out there I wanted to know if i could get anything off of MSRP. The sales guy tried acting like a hardass and said NO, absolutely NOT so i hung up on him. Luckily rosenthal came through, im sure passport wouldve as well, and beat rosenthal's price...i just didnt wanna drive to alexandria....

Old 01-25-2005, 08:42 AM
Cmon Son!
Rosenthal doing the same thing with the 05's and so is passport. they will not budge from the MSRP price so I took Pratik's advice about Grubbs. I didnt get VPP pricing, but I did get it for well under MSRP for a fully loaded 6MT.

A Very huge thanks to you Pratik by the way. that helped out a whole lot.

Old 01-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Ya most dealers wont budge MSRP esp now b/c the 05 models have just come out. Also b/c there are some obvious changes in the 05 6MT and the 04's, mainly HP and 19's. Anyway I think i got a good deal on mine just b/c i got an 5AT, and also b/c I bought mine in late july, almost august...and the 05's were going to be rollling in soon. So I think they were trying to ship the 04's out. Hope you enjoy your 6MT, and be sure to come to the meets!!

Old 01-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Cmon Son!
I definitely will. I order my car very soon, and cant wait to get it. Grubbs offered a spectacular price.

Old 01-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Cmon Son!
*** My appologies ***

My appologies to the Dealerships mentioned. I know that they are doing their job.

My incident shouldnt deter anyone to not buy here (though I doubt it would anyways)

I just found a better buy though another dealer.

Old 01-29-2005, 04:00 AM
Who is the more mod friendly dealer?

Old 01-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Cmon Son!
I would say passport most likely.

Old 02-10-2005, 11:02 PM
I got $900.00 off MSRP on an 2004.5 G coupe. This was back in September. Been there twice for first free oil change and just yesterday to have the front brakes looked at. Slight squeeking noise during slow stops(infrequent). They couldn't fine anything wrong. Just cleaned the pad and rotors. They did notice my intake and pulleys and didn't say anything negative about it. One of the service guys said that another G driver was asking if anyone with a G have done any aftermarket mods, and he was sharing what I had on my G.

Old 02-16-2005, 02:22 PM
try JBA Infiniti of Maryland. They matched Grubbs military discount (invoice + $700). They didn't even ask for my ID. Just give them a call, they are aware of the Grubbs deal by now and you should be able to get a great price. Also, the added charges are ONLY $100 for processing fee (+ freight I'm guessing, but that's about it).

Old 02-21-2005, 12:01 PM
I just bought my 2005 5AT G35c from Rosenthal and had a great experience. I used my company's VPP and got it for less than 1% above invoice. I also went in with preapproved external lease financing (from leasecompare.com) and they asked if they could have a shot at it... I didn't have anything to lose, so I let them and their lease offer was better! This was by far the most pleasant car buying experience I've ever had. Am I the only one who's happy with Rosenthal?

--Viral