NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

quick oem front lip q...for nnj G's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 12:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick oem front lip q...for nnj G's

hey guys. i dont trust myself installing the thing. for those of u who have had it installed, where have u gotten it done and what can i expect to pay? thanx in advance.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by 04g35cNJ
hey guys. i dont trust myself installing the thing. for those of u who have had it installed, where have u gotten it done and what can i expect to pay? thanx in advance.

Are you sure you wanna pay to get this installed? Check the DIY forum, from what I've heard this is one of the most straight forward installs on our G's...Prolly cost a couple hundred from some shop, who can care less about scratches and other things they may do to it...Your best bet might be finding someone in your area who's done it to their own G...Most people on this forum would be glad to help you out at no charge...

Old 03-31-2005, 08:29 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Done it myself the first time, and again the 2nd time with Babiephat's help (after the 1st one got ripped off).
Very easy. If you know how to drill a bunch of holes and use a wrench you should be good. Shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours.

My dealer wanted $150 for the install.

Old 03-31-2005, 10:46 AM
I agree with Speed! Very Easy! Honestly the hardest part is cutting out the damn templates! I am not exaggerating either! They are a PITA!!! LOL

If you can find someone that has installed one before, it will make the job go twice as fast! The first time I did mine it took a mile becuase I had to test fit it a million times. I didn't realize how much you really had to expand the holes with a file! Very simple install! The second one I did in half the time!

And Speed I helped too - I TOOK THE PICS!!! LOL

Old 03-31-2005, 12:50 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Diesel1
I agree with Speed! Very Easy! Honestly the hardest part is cutting out the damn templates! I am not exaggerating either! They are a PITA!!! LOL

If you can find someone that has installed one before, it will make the job go twice as fast! The first time I did mine it took a mile becuase I had to test fit it a million times. I didn't realize how much you really had to expand the holes with a file! Very simple install! The second one I did in half the time!

And Speed I helped too - I TOOK THE PICS!!! LOL
Yes, I apologize.... Kudos to Diesel...LOL