NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
intake no....hfc and spacer yes, on the tune you have to go north the the dc/md area

Old 04-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by LEK
^^ more info and how much?
Ill get back to you tonight heading out to the ship but we are supposed to have overnight liberty.

Originally Posted by howesg35
So I will see some gains with nismo CAI, HFC's, and MD 5/16 iso spacer. Also, where can I take car once I get decent ecu (osirus or what not) to get tuned
You will definately notice the difference if thats what you mean. Some tunes alone net anywhere from 10-15 horsepower stock w/ the osiris. If you get a chance go under the NGC subforum which is the last box on the main page and you should see all the info you need on tuners in the md/dc area. Also a couple of the guys are boosted with experience with the shops. Just remember if you do plan on going FI make sure you upgrades compliment it so you dont have to swap it out later down the road. IE. Exhaust, intake(which wont be on). Before you do the tune also make sure theres nothing else you want. Retunes are not cheap.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will most likely not go the f/i route. So intakes net no gains on these cars? Sh*ts weird. Was in the honda scene for a while before this, deff different. So with out tune I will feel difference with spacer and HFC's as well?
And thanks for all the help by the way, don't have a lot of time on my hands to search all this on forums, as I'm doing this from black berry at work lol. I appreciate it a lot.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Im looking for a nice set of coilovers, underdrive pulleys, camber kit, and exhaust. Anyone have something laying around they are looking to sell?

Where do you all recommended getting my tint redone. Im looking at putting 30 or 35% all around.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Project
Anyone interested in some stainless steel brake lines?

They are from japan i need to pull the manufacturer off them. Forgot i had them wanted to do with my brake job but never got around to it. Still in box.
How much you one for these man? I have been wanting to mess with my brakes but never got around to it.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by VA 04 g35
intake no....hfc and spacer yes, on the tune you have to go north the the dc/md area
I disagree about the intake. I have one and it does have gains. You feel it, its not much but its there and it also makes your engine bay sound awesome. For 250-300 bucks is it worth it? Thats up to you. I got it because my NISMO was half off, looks sounds and performs great. I dont race my G so i like what it does for me.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by KidStealthG35
I disagree about the intake. I have one and it does have gains. You feel it, its not much but its there and it also makes your engine bay sound awesome. For 250-300 bucks is it worth it? Thats up to you. I got it because my NISMO was half off, looks sounds and performs great. I dont race my G so i like what it does for me.
I agree! I like the sound of my intake and after the install I could feel a little more pull while driving.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Damn, all the way to maryland or DC for a tune. That is outrageous. Hondas seem to be a much cheaper hobby ($ for hp). And CAI's are so expensive for these whips, that really grinds my gears.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
use the search feature on the site on hp gains of intakes....its been proven with dynos that the are no to little gains on intakes. thats why many people just z-tube it with a drop in filter. if you feel any gains thats fine, all i noticed was more sound and maybe a little more response in throttle.

the only nissan/infiniti speciality shops are in dc/md, their is on in yorktown but the shops up north get rave reviews

Old 04-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by KidStealthG35
you can feel it, but its all what your dyno sheet says....yea you can feel but are you sacrificing you MAF? Alpha sensors giving you H02S the correct reading mixture...???

Old 04-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by howesg35
Damn, all the way to maryland or DC for a tune. That is outrageous. Hondas seem to be a much cheaper hobby ($ for hp). And CAI's are so expensive for these whips, that really grinds my gears.
EVERYONE drives a honda, thats why

Old 04-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Yes without a tune you will feel spacer and ztube. Plus you will hear it. Your exhaust will be deeper.

Alex ill check my pms for the name of the lines and get back to ya.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
What good G's here are some pic's from the philly Run this Pass Saturday....

Old 04-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Guys sorry if this is a repeat for some of u who stalk the richmond threat but bear with me:

Hey guys wanted to get on here and say a few words about the great experience i had with Charles Barker Infiniti. As you guys either heard or read, my car was having start up issues...stalling out, rough idle etc etc. After alot of trial and error Pearson was unable to diagnose the problem and i was left with a choking G haha. I want to specifically point out Mark "Budda" at Charles Barker because he simply took hold of the issue and slayed it! From the moment i walked into the dealership i was greeted by a friendly staff that already knew of my issue upon arrival and was extremely courteous. I was given a nice loaner car with no hassel and was on my way. Throughout the week my car was in the shop, i received txt messages and calls from Budda updating me on findings and possible solutions. To make a long story short,over 2,000 dollars worth of work was done under warranty,car is running like its brand new,my questions and concerns were always answered,and i was called days after completion of the work to ensure the G was still operating as it should. Overall this one trip to Charles Barker,and the great work done my Mark specifically,has changed my view on Infiniti service. I will now gladly drive to VB whenever i have an issue,complaint, or concern because i know the techs and staff there are out to give Infiniti a great name for sales and service. Thanks again Mark,you really made this frustrating experience as pleasent as it could have been

Old 04-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Are any of you planning on showing at springfest on May 14th? I am trying to get my stuff together for that. Just ordered projector headlights and the sl hood from strafe. They are telling me 3-5 weeks on the hood. Cutting it to close. If anyone is attending hit me up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Quick Reply: Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?