NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
While we are getting advise, what do you guys think of the exotic speed RII exhaust? Most probably my next purchase

Attached Thumbnails Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?-r2-3.jpg   Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?-r2-2.jpg  
Old 07-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Life's a BITCH

So new issue... So i was installing my new Skunk 2 Plenum and the install went according to plan. Everything checked out fine up until the actual start up. I cranked it over and it was having an odd idle. So i looked under the hood saw coolant leaking and i fixed the problem. Started it up again and idle issue went away but check engine light was still on. I assumed the ECU just needed time to adjust to the new parameters, so i took it out for a test drive. Everything seemed okay up till i opened her up. I floored it and it took off, sounded great for a few sec's then an "opphhh" sound occurred and the engine died on me. Tried restarting it. it would crank normally but wouldn't turn over, the cranking sounded normal. So i took the plenum apart and looked at the chamber and everything looked okay. I doubt i pulled anything into the engine because i was very cautious to ensure not to leave anything laying around.
I think the ECU or the MAF wasn't ready for the demand that i gave it by opening it up so soon and it killed the engine or there is a vacuum leak(all the hoses were in tacked), so i'm going to return it to stock and reset the ECU and see what happens. Any other suggestions?

Old 07-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Was looking at the vortech but didn't know about the HKS supercharger. I may have to do some research on the HKS

Old 07-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Okay so ECU resetting has proven to be a tad difficult. Ima try again tomorrow. Another symptom i noticed was when i turn the ignition on the fan automatically kicks on. And the Slip and VCU lights remain on along with the other usual lights that let you know they are there before you turn it over. I'ma try to hook an OBD up to it and reset the ECU tomorrow, but there is no SES lights on, so i don't know if i'll be able to get a code. I don't think i messed up any rods or gaskets because it cranks normally it just seems like it may have over revved and kicked off. At least i pray to God that's the case. I promise to drive like a good little boy if i can get this prob fixed. right now i'm exhausted, cost me a date at that. ****!

Old 07-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by JarmaDUH
So new issue... So i was installing my new Skunk 2 Plenum and the install went according to plan. Everything checked out fine up until the actual start up. I cranked it over and it was having an odd idle. So i looked under the hood saw coolant leaking and i fixed the problem. Started it up again and idle issue went away but check engine light was still on. I assumed the ECU just needed time to adjust to the new parameters, so i took it out for a test drive. Everything seemed okay up till i opened her up. I floored it and it took off, sounded great for a few sec's then an "opphhh" sound occurred and the engine died on me. Tried restarting it. it would crank normally but wouldn't turn over, the cranking sounded normal. So i took the plenum apart and looked at the chamber and everything looked okay. I doubt i pulled anything into the engine because i was very cautious to ensure not to leave anything laying around.
I think the ECU or the MAF wasn't ready for the demand that i gave it by opening it up so soon and it killed the engine or there is a vacuum leak(all the hoses were in tacked), so i'm going to return it to stock and reset the ECU and see what happens. Any other suggestions?
Okay so ECU resetting has proven to be a tad difficult. Ima try again tomorrow. Another symptom i noticed was when i turn the ignition on the fan automatically kicks on. And the Slip and VCU lights remain on along with the other usual lights that let you know they are there before you turn it over. I'ma try to hook an OBD up to it and reset the ECU tomorrow, but there is no SES lights on, so i don't know if i'll be able to get a code. I don't think i messed up any rods or gaskets because it cranks normally it just seems like it may have over revved and kicked off. At least i pray to God that's the case. I promise to drive like a good little boy if i can get this prob fixed. right now i'm exhausted, cost me a date at that. ****!
WOW......really?? You just prolly don't know what your doing. Best suggestion, leave it alone .....hahah " wasn't ready for the demand"???? Ahahahahahaha get the fvck out of here. Smdh. ...... Best one I've read since libson tried to get a supercharger put on top of the twin turbo set up......but thats a good one jarma -DUH .... live up to the name.

Messed up the rods..???? How much vacuum were you pullin?

The Infiniti and Nissan techs will have fun readings this tomorrow .........

Last edited by BK1184; 07-29-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey fam its been a while. hope al is well. headers come on in a few weeks and just slapped on some cold air intake.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:41 AM
Originally Posted by 3Buddha5
WOW......really?? You just prolly don't know what your doing. Best suggestion, leave it alone .....hahah " wasn't ready for the demand"???? Ahahahahahaha get the fvck out of here. Smdh. ...... Best one I've read since libson tried to get a supercharger put on top of the twin turbo set up......but thats a good one jarma -DUH .... live up to the name.

I thought that was obvious dude, i don't have a fckn clue whats wrong. Thanks for the reassurance.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I am calling all you little girls out today. I posted the flyer for the Team Ultraspeed show like a month ago, so come on out. I believe it starts at noon and it is more like a meet and greet than a show. The guys from sofitted.com will be there shooting another one of their awesome videos. Not sure if anyone here has seen them, but check out the website. Like I said starts at 12:00 and the location is AIK. That is American Indoor Carting right on the side of Lynhaven mall. Hope to see some of you out there. I will be there as soon as I get out of class, so probably like 10:30.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Alright monkeys, problem solved, no thanks to Negative Nancy Buddha. So after i bought a new OBD2 and it wasn't working to pull codes, I decided to take a look at the fuse panel. I took a test light to the panel behind the battery and found that the ENG/ECCS whatevr wasnt giving me a positive return. So i pulled the fuse and saw that it was indeed blown. Replaced it and Kazaaw!!! OBD2 registered and pulled, it gave me a P1614 involving the NATS system. So long story short i blew an entire relay found its location and replaced it. Hooking the plenum up again tomorrow. Found where the short came from and corrected the issue.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Btw that would explain the issue with the ECU resetting difficulty and the Fan coming on when the key was in the ON position.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

lol when did i try to get a supercharger on top??? i dont remember that. If so, i was only joking. But thanks lol.

Hey guys, does anyone have a lower radiator hose they can sell me today? I need it ASAP and i'm willing to come pick it up and pay a good price for it. Its very important :/ Thanks!

Old 07-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 07-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by LisbonsG35
lol when did i try to get a supercharger on top??? i dont remember that. If so, i was only joking. But thanks lol.

Hey guys, does anyone have a lower radiator hose they can sell me today? I need it ASAP and i'm willing to come pick it up and pay a good price for it. Its very important :/ Thanks!
https://g35driver.com/forums/5912237-post21.html

Infiniti has a lower radiator hoses for sale, or i know munky should have extras

Last edited by BK1184; 07-31-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:52 PM
Alright monkeys, problem solved, no thanks to Negative Nancy Buddha. So after i bought a new OBD2 and it wasn't working to pull codes, I decided to take a look at the fuse panel. I took a test light to the panel behind the battery and found that the ENG/ECCS whatevr wasnt giving me a positive return. So i pulled the fuse and saw that it was indeed blown. Replaced it and Kazaaw!!! OBD2 registered and pulled, it gave me a P1614 involving the NATS system. So long story short i blew an entire relay found its location and replaced it. Hooking the plenum up again tomorrow. Found where the short came from and corrected the issue.
But yet you send me a PM asking for help and suggestion....Im one of few people that can help you and actually knows what to do..... but i all good, just a negative nancy buddha.... i mean what do i know i just work for Infiniti
ECCS (Electronically Concentrated Control System)
NATS ( Nissan Anti-Theft System)

you have and Anti Theft code, and all you did was put a spacer....

Old 07-31-2011, 08:19 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
https://g35driver.com/forums/5912237-post21.html

Infiniti has a lower radiator hoses for sale, or i know munky should have extras
LOL!!! I was joking... I was deployed and bored at work.

I stopped by Charles Barker on Military and they were closed (Parts/Service) so lucky an advanced auto parts had one in stock. 15 bucks. When we were putting the car back together yesterday Munky put it on upside down and i didnt notice it either!

ANyway, thanks Buddah! Do you know if either infiniti dealer has the OEM shift ***** for Manual in willow?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Quick Reply: Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?