NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

PA ticket tips please...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PA ticket tips please...

Hi,
I got pulled over awhile ago in Bedford county doing 82 in 65 coming home from college for thanksgiving break. It was late and pretty much no one on the road. The cop was hiding on a small street right off the highway with his lights on. The PA roads are curvy and I didn't see him. my radar went off right by him so i slowed down to the speed limit as i passed by him. As I passed him, I start watching my rear view mirror and saw him pull out. I could have easily sped away but i didn't. I slowed down to the speed limit and put cruise control on. The cop caught up to me and followed me for a minute or two. Then he puts his siren on and pulls me over. He writes me up for 82 in 55.

I am not experienced with PA police so that is why I am asking for some advice/tips. I have to make a payment of $163 by december 30th which i will send out this week (i am pleading not guilty). I heard that if you have a tough schedule such as a college student, they sometimes dismiss the citation if keep missing my trial. I would like to know more about that.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Old 12-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by player
I heard that if you have a tough schedule such as a college student, they sometimes dismiss the citation if keep missing my trial. I would like to know more about that.
Sorry buddy but the tough school schedule won't get you any sympathy in court. Maybe a chuckle or two... Missing your trail won't get your case dismiss neither. In California, you're allowed maximum 60 days extension and after that, if you don't show up on the date you're suppose to, court finds you guilty.

Is this your first driving violation? Sometimes the court will be lenient on you and give you community service. But you have to plead with the Judge to give you that one. The other thing you can do is since you haven't paid the ticket yet, ask for a trial first. Go to trial without paying the fine and tell the judge you're a college student with no income. Plead to him about doing community service at your college's library instead. Good luck!

Old 12-07-2005, 05:56 PM
fight for it, at least u can probabaly get some points off.

Old 12-07-2005, 11:12 PM
in PA, even if you plead guilty you have to pay the ticket in full

Old 12-08-2005, 12:33 AM
You deserve everything u get!!! 82!!! what were u thinking!!! WoW.... dont even try to fight it!! your a speeder and speeders pay tickes.... go to court now and pay for it!!!

p.s. see you wen u get home..... speeder..... hahahaha

Old 12-08-2005, 01:08 AM
haha 82 in 65 is not bad at all actually

Old 12-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Pa. G Squad (Philly)
If you have a "clean" record and no prior tickets...then I would plead not guilty and see if you can get it reduced somehow. Also depends on how old you are and how long you have been driving, and I guess it doesn't help that you are a female either. LOL

Anyway, good luck, I am fighting one in NYC (48 in a 30). First of all, who gets a speeding ticket in Manhattan? I wasn't going that fast at all, have been driving for 29 years (I'm not THAT old) and no prior tickets, so we will see what happens.

Good luck!

Old 12-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Yeah, if you're a girl, you coulda just look innocent, and pretend that you're about to cry, and show a sad puppy face, and you may, just may have gotten out of it. LOL As I have gotten out of like that many many times *wink*

I just had to say it...heheh.

Yeah, if your record is clean, they may just make you go through driving seminar and do community service to get rid of the ticket, so you don't lose points. Worth a try. If not, you have no choice but to pay it. Don't miss a trial, coz it will look bad on your records.

Old 12-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Just go fight it in court. Most of the time, if it's a first offense, they will reduce the ticket to 5mph over the limit (with no points) and reduce the fine.

Old 12-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
well since you are not a PA resident all i did was pay the ticket and the points never will show up on your record on your license. thats what happened w/ me when i got 3 speeding tickets in PA in 3 days w/ a new york license. i didnt have a full license either and i never ha da problem -- just paid a hefty fine on all of them

Old 12-14-2005, 12:13 AM
Awesome website for tickets . . .

There is this new website that I discovered that is awesome for all of us who like to see what our G's can do . . . it's called www.trafficticketangel.com. It's for anyone who gets a ticket in NJ so I don't know if it's gonna help the PA college student . . .but everyone should bookmark it especially if they do a lot of driving in the Not-So-Garden State.

peace.