NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

30k Service @ Infiniti of Chantilly, VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30k Service @ Infiniti of Chantilly, VA

Sup folks!

As I write, my G is getting her 30k service done at Infiniti of Chantilly. First time taking my car there (Former Passport customer). Unfortunately, Chantilly is on my way to work and after I moved and changed jobs, Passport is over an hour away.

Thus far, I have enjoyed courteous and prompt service. They provided me a loaner car ('05 G35X) to use while my car is in the shop. I also asked them to do the rear view mirror TSB. He also asked me the right questions to find out that I am running my car on synthetic and that I have no aftermarket intake/exhaust mods. He made the appropriate changes in the work order to not perform the oil change, filter, and oil additive. Ryan is the service rep that I'm dealing with and so far "thumbs up!"

Not sure about other owners, but the 30k service is costing me ~$700. Any thoughts? Testimonials?

I guess I'll do a wrap up post after I pickup my car and give a full review. Hey MODERATOR! How bout an idea to create a sub forum for dealership experiences?

Old 02-17-2006, 03:45 PM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by shibal_z
Sup folks!

As I write, my G is getting her 30k service done at Infiniti of Chantilly. First time taking my car there (Former Passport customer). Unfortunately, Chantilly is on my way to work and after I moved and changed jobs, Passport is over an hour away.

Thus far, I have enjoyed courteous and prompt service. They provided me a loaner car ('05 G35X) to use while my car is in the shop. I also asked them to do the rear view mirror TSB. He also asked me the right questions to find out that I am running my car on synthetic and that I have no aftermarket intake/exhaust mods. He made the appropriate changes in the work order to not perform the oil change, filter, and oil additive. Ryan is the service rep that I'm dealing with and so far "thumbs up!"

Not sure about other owners, but the 30k service is costing me ~$700. Any thoughts? Testimonials?

I guess I'll do a wrap up post after I pickup my car and give a full review. Hey MODERATOR! How bout an idea to create a sub forum for dealership experiences?

DAMN - $700

yeah that is a good idea about the sub forum...for dealership experiences...
that forum would fill up quick and need a serious language editor....LOL

as people sometimes get a bot P.O'd about service

Old 02-18-2006, 12:27 PM
30k Service Update from Infinity of Chantilly

I picked up my car after work as was promised by the service rep. The dealership had washed and vacuumed the car for me and it looked pretty nice after the salt/grime from that last snowstorm. Ryan the service rep was able to get final adjustments in with labor and took out the costs for the oil change, oil additive, filter, and tire rotation/balancing out of the service cost since I didn't need it. Final costs came out to about $585.

I would say that I had a very positive experience at Infiniti of Chantilly. I would go with them again on my next scheduled service. A+

Old 02-21-2006, 01:42 AM
Can you comment (either publicly or send me a quick PM at your convenience) on your experiences with Passport. I also live in the area (Alexandria) and actually take my car to Sheehy out in Anapolis, MD only because I needed an oil change before a trip the following day, and they were the only ones who were willing to take me in that night (my first service on the G). Since that time, I took my car there once again for warranty issues, of which they handled none of them citing excuses.

Thanks for your input.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:59 AM
guys, did you know as part of NGC (national G club) you save 20% off parts/labor at Infiniti of Chantilly??? Check out the National G club forum section on this website in the clubs section. We occassionally have meets/drives and DIY days/clinics.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by stillen_i30
Can you comment (either publicly or send me a quick PM at your convenience) on your experiences with Passport. I also live in the area (Alexandria) and actually take my car to Sheehy out in Anapolis, MD only because I needed an oil change before a trip the following day, and they were the only ones who were willing to take me in that night (my first service on the G). Since that time, I took my car there once again for warranty issues, of which they handled none of them citing excuses.

Thanks for your input.
Unfortunately, I've had mixed experiences with Passport. I think when we had a fellow g35driver member work at Passport, most if not all of the local G services were going through this guy. Service was good and they are enthusiast friendly. I even had my 15k service done there, but my last visit there bubbled up some questions. I had a run in with some road hazards and damaged my front passenger side suspension area and wheel. Initially, I took my car to Passport to have them professionally look over the car and come back to me with an estimate. I was sticker shocked to see $5,000+ of listed parts (not including labor) which replaced the subframe and the entire front right suspension. I was a bit reluctant and decided that I needed to take this to another shop for a second opinion. Passport charged me $90+ for assessing the damage and taking an extraordinary long time. The service rep told me it would be an hour and it ended up being more than two hours. Mind you I work in Dulles and I had to take a half day off for this to drive my car almost an hour away to Passport. It was also raining and I wanted to leave right away, but then the rep decided it was a good idea to wash my car also taking an extra 20 minutes. -_-; All in all, I didn't get back to the office until after lunch.

After a second opinion from a mechanic friend of mine, the Infiniti dealership uses parts descriptions and codes that other mechanics find hard to decode and verify with their online knowledge bases and repair manuals. Even my insurance adjuster had a tough time. The replacement wheel cost alone was $1,200??? I have an '04 6MT which came with the OEM 18" alloys. After some deduction, it seems they put in the replacement cost of the '05 and up 19" aluminum wheel instead. There were some other parts that didn't need replacement, but my friend understood why they put it in to be safe, but he admitted that the dealership was being very aggressive with the repairs. Instead of conducting an accurate estimate, it seemed they wanted to replace every part they thought may be directly or indirectly involved with the damaged area. Needless to say, I took my car to another shop and called in insurance. Final repair costs came out to be ~$3,000 with Lindsay Collision Center. I have a story about them as well, but that's for another time....