NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Detailer or Bodyshop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detailer or Bodyshop

It's summer time and I want my car looking pretty. I want to get my car completely interior exterior detailing, clean the underbody the engine, put all kinds of wax on it - the works. I also want to get any small dents, dings, scratches, and all of that stuff removed. Can anyone recommend a good (honest) place in NYC area to get this done? I want it to be very thorough. Thanks!

Old 04-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Detailing Dynamincs in Mineola. They do amazing work, but they do command top dollar.

The guys at DD are extremely honest and will never sell you anything you don't want or need. They charge by the hour so if you want a simple wash and wax (Some people go head over heals for that) then you won't pay nearly as much as if you wanted a concourse winner. They do everything in between so you would have to take the G down to them for an estimate. Matt would probably walk you through the car and determine how you want it to look before giving you a quote.

You can also buy yourself a PC and some polishes/sealants and do it yourself if you have the time. The cost for all the materials you would need, inlcuding the PC (assuming you use higher end products) would be around 300 maybe less. The PC is around 100-120 and the remainder would be for MF towels, polishes, sealants, and pads for the PC.

www.detailingdynamics.com

Last edited by Diesel1; 04-03-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Thank you thats exactly what I was looking for!

Old 04-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Tell them Drew aka Mr Zaino sent ya! lol

Old 04-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by nyclio
It's summer time and I want my car looking pretty. I want to get my car completely interior exterior detailing, clean the underbody the engine, put all kinds of wax on it - the works. I also want to get any small dents, dings, scratches, and all of that stuff removed. Can anyone recommend a good (honest) place in NYC area to get this done? I want it to be very thorough. Thanks!
Ok, I did the research for you, I went to NJ, Long Island, Blooklyn..etc. If you can travel to Spray City on Staten Island I will recommend this. I have a replica ING+1 full kit that is not a perfect fit and they accept it with no problem, of course they need to do some minor fabrication which they do alot but didn't over charge me.

I'm going to pickup my G today and i'll post some pix. Like any other reputable place, it cost more and you get what you pay for. Spray City is a family owned business and one of the Son Jerry is a car enthusiast and like joining car shows, matter of fact they just won another competition in Atlantic City for best paint.

go there in person and ask for Jerry and tell him Arvin(the one with blue G35) sent you and also ask him about his new project Benz (he's just ordered a Wide body kit that cost $10k straight from Japan ) Also if you're nice to him he might lend you his M3 as a loaner

Spray City Collision Repairs(718) 273-9500
Map / More Info 1316 Castleton Ave — Staten Island, NY

Edit: my bad, they are just an autobody and not a detailing shop.

Last edited by FI'ed G; 04-05-2006 at 09:09 PM.