Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Opinions on service.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 03:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions on service.

Hi everyone,

i just bought my black 03 g35c w/ navi about a month ago from a guy down in LA... haven't had time to detail it or take good pics yet, so that will come soon now that it's summertime. but i have a couple service questions to ask...

1. my brakes are making horrible noises. im assuming my pads are just down really low, and i'm hoping its not metal to metal yet. how much does the dealer charge to replace front pads and resurface rotors and all that... assuming it's only the front that needs replacing? ballpark... is resurfacing the rotors really necessary? i was told by a mechanic that you don't need to do it every time. the car has 47k miles on it and i believe the brakes were replaced once before. how much would nissan charge--if theyd even do it? is there another reputable bay area shop that could do the work without the high dealer cost? or should i get it done at the dealer bc of the brembos? also, what bay area dealership is going to give me the best pricing?

2. my navi is acting weird... it will just get all whitewashed and stop working for a while then randomly work again. anyone had this problem? they should be able to fix it under warranty, right? (47k mi)

3. i need my oil/filter changed... the previous owner always just did it at the dealer, and i swear i saw a receipt for the 3750 service (oil change and inspection) that was like $35 from an infiniti dealer in socal... that seems really low! should i do it at the dealer, and which dealer in the bay area is cheapest? with my RSX i always just brought my own oil to a honda dealership. would a nissan dealership do it and would it be cheaper? i know the previous owner used regular oil... i always used synthetic on my RSX... at 47k miles on the G35, should i switch to synthetic?

4. my clutch pedal is really squeaky.. i dont think theres anything wrong w. the clutch, i think the pedal just needs to be oiled. would the dealership probably do this for me free of charge?

5. this is weird and harder to explain, but maybe some of you all will know what i mean.,.. when the car is just parked and idle and im standing outside, around the area of the exhaust i hear these quiet but noticeable "clunk" sounds... if you have any idea if its normal or not, lemme know

sorry for writing so much and thanks for reading it... im sure you can appreciate a new G35 owner wanting to pamper his new baby properly =)

thanks!

Old 06-20-2006, 03:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CalRSX07
Hi everyone,

i just bought my black 03 g35c w/ navi about a month ago from a guy down in LA... haven't had time to detail it or take good pics yet, so that will come soon now that it's summertime. but i have a couple service questions to ask...

1. my brakes are making horrible noises. im assuming my pads are just down really low, and i'm hoping its not metal to metal yet. how much does the dealer charge to replace front pads and resurface rotors and all that... assuming it's only the front that needs replacing? ballpark... is resurfacing the rotors really necessary? i was told by a mechanic that you don't need to do it every time. the car has 47k miles on it and i believe the brakes were replaced once before. how much would nissan charge--if theyd even do it? is there another reputable bay area shop that could do the work without the high dealer cost? or should i get it done at the dealer bc of the brembos? also, what bay area dealership is going to give me the best pricing?

2. my navi is acting weird... it will just get all whitewashed and stop working for a while then randomly work again. anyone had this problem? they should be able to fix it under warranty, right? (47k mi)

3. i need my oil/filter changed... the previous owner always just did it at the dealer, and i swear i saw a receipt for the 3750 service (oil change and inspection) that was like $35 from an infiniti dealer in socal... that seems really low! should i do it at the dealer, and which dealer in the bay area is cheapest? with my RSX i always just brought my own oil to a honda dealership. would a nissan dealership do it and would it be cheaper? i know the previous owner used regular oil... i always used synthetic on my RSX... at 47k miles on the G35, should i switch to synthetic?

4. my clutch pedal is really squeaky.. i dont think theres anything wrong w. the clutch, i think the pedal just needs to be oiled. would the dealership probably do this for me free of charge?

5. this is weird and harder to explain, but maybe some of you all will know what i mean.,.. when the car is just parked and idle and im standing outside, around the area of the exhaust i hear these quiet but noticeable "clunk" sounds... if you have any idea if its normal or not, lemme know

sorry for writing so much and thanks for reading it... im sure you can appreciate a new G35 owner wanting to pamper his new baby properly =)

thanks!
Unless its for warranty service? do not take your car to dealership for service, if you needs brake work? PM anotheraznguy(josh) over at Auto RnD, very resonable rate, here is one of post about him https://g35driver.com/forums/northern-california/95688-thanks-josh.html

The oil service should cost you around 50 bucks at most of Infiniti dealerships, I change oil at this carwash place in Fremont for last 8 years, it cost 35 bucks with a wash now and have no problem with them what so ever.

Last edited by limeg35; 06-20-2006 at 03:38 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:08 PM
any ideas on how much dealers would charge for this sort of work, what dealer would be best in the bay area, if nissan could do it and if it would be cheaper, and any other shops that could do it and what they'd charge? i appreciate the guidance!

Old 06-20-2006, 06:27 PM
workin...

try frontier infiniti, just get a quote. then call up other dealers with the services listed in the quote and see what they say. nissan will be cheaper for some things (oil change) but you won't get a loaner

Old 06-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by limeg35
Unless its for warranty service? do not take your car to dealership for service, if you needs brake work? PM anotheraznguy(josh) over at Auto RnD, very resonable rate, here is one of post about him https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95688

The oil service should cost you around 50 bucks at most of Infiniti dealerships, I change oil at this carwash place in Fremont for last 8 years, it cost 35 bucks with a wash now and have no problem with them what so ever.
what's the name of the shop in fremont? i'm going to fremont tomorrow to meet with my attorney (who is helping me fight back against the CHP officer that ****ed me haha)... so i might as well change my oil while i'm there and get it washed. do they change the oil and replace the filter and wash the car for $35?

Old 06-22-2006, 02:26 AM
Its call Super Station car wash, 43601 S. Grimmer blvd. Fremont CA (510) 770-9353, its right off 880 on Automall/Grimmer, yes it is 35 buck plus tax think total was 38~ish with free basic car wash, no appoint needed, just drive up, takes about 20 minutes for oil change another 20 minutes for car wash depend on how busy they are of course.

Old 06-22-2006, 02:38 AM
Never enough
Call up Z car garage in SJ.