G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Northern California (https://g35driver.com/forums/northern-california-43/)
-   -   Anyone recommend good On-line traffic school? (https://g35driver.com/forums/northern-california/114173-anyone-recommend-good-line-traffic-school.html)

rgtopz 08-28-2006 04:19 PM

Anyone recommend good On-line traffic school?

Can any one recommend a good and not so boring on-line traffic school? :(

cyberecho79 08-28-2006 08:34 PM

try www.247trafficschoolonline.com If you put "2400" in the promo section it will save you $3. You should be able to complete it in like 45 mins max. I have used it a couple times now. I tend to have a need for speed every 18 months. :D

Andy2434 08-28-2006 08:45 PM

Gabe, what happened? Stretching out the TT's? ;)

Edit: Nevermind, I just got the 411 from Carol. ;)

V35 Skyline GT 08-28-2006 09:30 PM

Just an FYI:

On line traffic school, though quick and convient, is public record.
Your insurance co can still find out you had a moving violation. It is recorded on your driving record as an occurance, but no point reflected.

Whereas, the boring, in class room 8 hr one is non public record. It will not be recorded on your driving record and the insurance co will have no way of knowing you ever got the ticket. Some ins. co do randomly check your driving record just to see what you been up to...good or bad and can raise your rate if you've been bad (having too much fun and getting caught :p )

Know this for a fact, being my son :rolleyes: and I was told of this by the traffic court judge in Santa Rosa earlier this month.

IMHO. I'd just blow a Saturday for 8 hrs (which they usually let you go in about 6.5 - 7hrs anyway) and that way they're is no way my insurance could ever find out and raise my (in this case my son's) premiums for 3 yrs.

Just something to keep in mine. :D

skeleton_cru 08-29-2006 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by rgtopz
Can any one recommend a good and not so boring on-line traffic school? :(

I used this one before and it didn't affect my insurance at all.

http://www.traffic101.com/

Sac2904 08-29-2006 10:44 AM

Rgtopz: Sorry to hear about the ticket!!! How much you went over the speed limit? Couple years ago, I was over 13 miles over the speed limit, 30mph but I was like 43, cost me around over $300 to get everything clear and straight. Just take that online class and get it over. Take care,
pd

rgtopz 08-29-2006 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sac2904
Rgtopz: Sorry to hear about the ticket!!! How much you went over the speed limit? Couple years ago, I was over 13 miles over the speed limit, 30mph but I was like 43, cost me around over $300 to get everything clear and straight. Just take that online class and get it over. Take care,
pd

I was going 19 miles over speed limit. I guess my twin turbos decided to take over, or my heavy foot. Anyway, the bill came out to $220.00 with the traffic school fee. I'm kinda worried about taking on line school, due to the possibility that some insurance agency may have access. May be I better just sign up for the boring 8 hr. class. Im not sure. Maybe I meet a new friend there.

Thanks for the info.

rgtopz:(

rgtopz 08-29-2006 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by andy2434
Gabe, what happened? Stretching out the TT's? ;)

Edit: Nevermind, I just got the 411 from Carol. ;)

Hey, I wasn't stretching out as much as some others that I know. I won't mention names or speed. The most embarrassing part is that I was with my two girls. hehehe

skeleton_cru 08-29-2006 08:08 PM

I'm kinda worried about taking on line school, due to the possibility that some insurance agency may have access.

I emailed Traffic101 and asked if this is true.

Andy2434 08-29-2006 08:29 PM

Hey, I wasn't stretching out as much as some others that I know. I won't mention names or speed. The most embarrassing part is that I was with my two girls. hehehe

Whatcha talking about, Willis!? ;)

Hey, don't feel too bad, Gabe. My last speeding ticket was issued some 18 years ago when my son, Travis, was 3 years old. He was sitting in the rear strapped into a child seat when I got popped for going 40 over on the 101. Now, that was STUPID. The female CHP officer looked at me like WTF?

Depending on whay Eloy digs up for you, you may just want to opt for the formal classroom deal. That way there are no doubts. Hey, go to one of those wine tasting traffic school classes. ;) :D

mackinnr 08-29-2006 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
Just an FYI:

On line traffic school, though quick and convient, is public record.
Your insurance co can still find out you had a moving violation. It is recorded on your driving record as an occurance, but no point reflected.

Whereas, the boring, in class room 8 hr one is non public record. It will not be recorded on your driving record and the insurance co will have no way of knowing you ever got the ticket. Some ins. co do randomly check your driving record just to see what you been up to...good or bad and can raise your rate if you've been bad (having too much fun and getting caught :p )

Know this for a fact, being my son :rolleyes: and I was told of this by the traffic court judge in Santa Rosa earlier this month.

IMHO. I'd just blow a Saturday for 8 hrs (which they usually let you go in about 6.5 - 7hrs anyway) and that way they're is no way my insurance could ever find out and raise my (in this case my son's) premiums for 3 yrs.

Just something to keep in mine. :D

my 5 years as either an adjuster or a sales guys for Liberty Mutual says the judge was pulling your chain, probably because your son had the voilation and the judge wanted him to have a saturday to think about his actions, and scare you as the Dad into making him do it. That being said some traffic laws etc vary by county, and some counties don't even allow on line traffic schools.

skeleton_cru 08-29-2006 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by mackinnr
my 5 years as either an adjuster or a sales guys for Liberty Mutual says the judge was pulling your chain, probably because your son had the voilation and the judge wanted him to have a saturday to think about his actions, and scare you as the Dad into making him do it. That being said some traffic laws etc vary by county, and some counties don't even allow on line traffic schools.

I agree here, but didn't want to speak out of turn because I don't have facts. Just because a judge said it, doesn't make it true.

mackinnr 08-29-2006 09:29 PM

agreed cru, keep us posted on the email, I am really curious now...

Hooman6MT 08-29-2006 09:59 PM

I used traffic 101. Great place, took me about 1 hour to complete everything.

Elgin (LJN_728) might be a good person to ask about this. He sees peoples driving records all day long.

V35 Skyline GT 08-29-2006 11:28 PM

Too bad a judge would LIE in court while we all were under oath :rolleyes: (it went as far as actual court with the officer present, BTW) That's really sad if true. And the judge stated this fact in every one of the cases heard that day before my son's.

Yeah...curious if it actually still shows up on your record. The points do not, but the violation occurance does.
Anyone who's done online school and has checked their DMV record recently after doing that course, please chime in to confirm the judge was full of BS.

Sorry Cru, I will not believe any response from an online traffic school company. Think they will tell the truth if what I heard from a traffic court judge is true?? That would hurt their business a lot if correct. Think about that.

And sorry Mackinner, no offense to you personally, but I will not believe anything an Auto Insursance salesman/adjuster states due to the nature of what business you're in. Not all insurance companies check, perhaps yours doesn't, but some do and that's a fact my friend. I have 33 years of driving and driving record history and dealing with Insurance companies under my belt. You can't tell me different on how us consumers are checked on and ripped off in general. :p

And here's another fact, ironic at that:
CA State law states as long as you are not over 25mph the posted speed limit, you're eligible for traffic school as long as you haven't used traffic school within the past 18 months.
Now, here's the irony, Solano Co. judges will not allow traffic school if you're over 15 to 19mph. Depends on their mood :rolleyes: and heard this in actual Solano traffic court back in April this year. Now in Sonoma, it's anything above 20 posted for no traffic school. But the law says 25, go figure. :rolleyes:

Do online school if you want......
But have you ever had your premiums increased with no reason.
And the answer you get from the insurance co is, oh it's an across the board increase, everyones rates went up 300-500 dollars a year (with no claims or accidents too). Now that's BS!! Think they're really telling you the truth...Hahahaha...yeah...right. Nice how judges can over-ride state law based on their mood.:mad: