Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Helped a friend buy a G coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helped a friend buy a G coupe

A update from an earlier post about finding a good deal on a new coupe. After driving my 06 coupe he decided he wanted one and he enlisted my help. We finally bought his G yesterday at Oakland Infiniti from Red, here's some of the details.

06 coupe/5AT/Sport-tune susp/Prem/Nav/Rear active steer/Splash guards/trunk mats/threw in wheel locks/ MSRP: $41,290 Invoice: $37,636
Purchase price: $37,450

I think the price was pretty good. They are motivated because they have alot of Gs on their lot which helped us get a better deal.

He got a better deal than I got when I bought mine back in December.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Congratulation Mark, another troublemaker joinin the club!! just kidding!! Yes, seem like he gets a better deal than me when I got my 04 coupe. Almost everything was a bit more expensive back then! hehe
Now you have a partner to a nice road trip! :-)
pd

Old 08-31-2006, 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by mark4x4
We finally bought his G yesterday at Oakland Infiniti from Red...
Yea, I got my G back in March from Red. Oakland was a lot more willing to deal than the other local dealerships. It's good to hear others are having a similar experience...

Old 08-31-2006, 01:21 PM
The reason for my post was to get a verification that he got a good deal and if he did to let everyone know. It seemed to me that Oakland Infiniti was the most willing to deal.

IMO, the easiest way to get the best deal is to use the internet. I inputed info on options he wanted on his G on 3 internet sites, which they forward to selected Infiniti dealerships in the Bay Area, some are the same and on some you can choose which dealership you want them to contact. Usually, the internet or fleet manager contacts within 24 hours and quotes you a price over the phone. I believe they do this because they know you are out of the area but this price still can be negotiated although the quote is very aggressive and competitive. I had 3 quotes all good but Oakland was the best. I believe Oakland was the best because they had the G in stock and the other 2 did not although the highest quote was $250 over invoice.

Hope this helps if anyone is looking to buy a new G.

Last edited by mark4x4; 08-31-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
In mid-June 05, got my 05 6MT DG coupe with premium, nav, splashguards, aero kit, wheel locks, and mats for $36200 from peninsula infiniti. Infiniti of Serramonte was also offering the same price. With extended warranty, it was $42K OTD.

I still don't know if that's a good deal for an 05 6MT. It was the lowest when I was doing my shopping, so it seemed good at the time. How much was considered a good deal for the 05 6MT's?

Old 09-01-2006, 01:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mark4x4
The reason for my post was to get a verification that he got a good deal and if he did to let everyone know. It seemed to me that Oakland Infiniti was the most willing to deal.

IMO, the easiest way to get the best deal is to use the internet. I inputed info on options he wanted on his G on 3 internet sites, which they forward to selected Infiniti dealerships in the Bay Area, some are the same and on some you can choose which dealership you want them to contact. Usually, the internet or fleet manager contacts within 24 hours and quotes you a price over the phone. I believe they do this because they know you are out of the area but this price still can be negotiated although the quote is very aggressive and competitive. I had 3 quotes all good but Oakland was the best. I believe Oakland was the best because they had the G in stock and the other 2 did not although the highest quote was $250 over invoice.

Hope this helps if anyone is looking to buy a new G.
Question Mark(hehehehe, no pun intended), was the purchase price same as the price they quoted you? its just me, but I usually tend to think there is lil bit more room for negotiating even on the over the net type of quotes, whenever I goto dealership, I never would tell them that I did got an quote from them or anywhere else, and if I'd got pre-approved loan either, just to see if I can get more out of them.

Oh yeah, I been help quite of few friends/co-workers/family members to purchase their cars in the pass, most recent was two days ago for an KIA (please no jokes), that was the most horrific purchase expereince I ever had, please do not go to Kia of San Leandro!!!(not that any of you would ever wanted Kia) and possibly going to help another co-wroker to purchase a Mazda this weekend.

Last edited by limeg35; 09-01-2006 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by limeg35
Question Mark(hehehehe, no pun intended), was the purchase price same as the price they quoted you? its just me, but I usually tend to think there is lil bit more room for negotiating even on the over the net type of quotes, whenever I goto dealership, I never would tell them that I did got an quote from them or anywhere else, and if I'd got pre-approved loan either, just to see if I can get more out of them.

Oh yeah, I been help quite of few friends/co-workers/family members to purchase their cars in the pass, most recent was two days ago for an KIA (please no jokes), that was the most horrific purchase expereince I ever had, please do not go to Kia of San Leandro!!!(not that any of you would ever wanted Kia) and possibly going to help another co-wroker to purchase a Mazda this weekend.
When I bought mine off the internet, I had more wiggle room so I was able to work the price down even more. On my friends deal because the quote was already below invoice there still was little room. The price stayed the same but I was able to get somethings included ie. Aero package for MSRP (dealer installed Aero is usually $900-$1000) wheel locks, first 2 maintenance free, all other maintenance 15% off. I tried hard to work on the price but he wouldn't budge, so I worked on whatever I could get. He offered XM radio at cost but dealer cost is still high. Overall, I think he got a good deal, I know his was better than what I got.