Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Who's That G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
killer deal, salvage meh is always scary imo ESP on a motorcycle seeing how ur on 2 wheels not 4, just make sure everything is straight and not bent or "personally fixed" they prob high sided or low sided to get it salvaged.

u need to still do the written @ dmv before or after msf (your choice), but if u do it after msf u can bring the little card (its good enough u dont need the actual certificate they mail u 2 weeks after) and u get ur license on the spot, or do it before get ur permit take msf and u can ride your bike till u are bored enough to go to dmv lol.. btw go to the fremont dmv they are rarely ever packed every time i been there longest i waited was like 10min i think.

oh and the M questions are pretty easy i passed it without even opening a book i did it on a bet lol..

Old 02-13-2009, 12:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
....Or you get a state job, say with the CHP, and just walk into the DMV and have them hand you your M1 no questions asked.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Yeah, Fremont DMV right across from Fremont Cycle Salvage is great. I go there most of the time now if I'm anywhere near that area.

I had an M permit a while ago, but dropped it cuz they wouldn't give me a new license unless I got my M1, or dropped the permit...

Chippie: hahahah That sounds even better... well, short-cutting. When it comes to 2 wheels, I'd rather get some kinda training than to go that route. BTW, you go up on 2 Chippie?

But back to sightings... saw a BS I think... offa Encyclopedia Circle... you work in the same complex I do... 03-05, got the stock 18's going... I'm gonna guess you're at Avanex? If you're on here at all...

And the black '07 or '08 Sedan parked backwards at the place next to University of Phoenix... I'm guessing you used to have the Green S14, cuz when I noticed the S14 missing, I saw the black G Sedan... you here too?

Calvin

Old 02-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Who was the DG coupe with deep dish rims screaming up the right lane of Treat Wednesday evening? You pissed off a few people.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:32 PM
for 5gs you can get a beyond decent bike without the salavge. i wouldnt buy a st bike. like froggy said... aint no joke on two wheels. the most minor error in repair can equal your life... be cool out there.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by HKStyle
I'd rather get some kinda training than to go that route. BTW, you go up on 2 Chippie?
I WAS trained, though. By a motor training officer that I work with. Many, many, many hours of riding cone patterns. Head and eyes preceed the movement of the turn, right? He is the one that trains the DMV employees how to administer the test and what to look for. He told them I was more than qualilfied and to give me my M1. Yes I go up on 2 (never on one, that's a big no no). '05 Wee. I'm too tall for sport bikes. I need my leg room. But...if someone were to give me a Desmosedici RR, I wouldn't turn it down.

And while I'm at it....The white coupe southbound 280 at Page Mill tonight around 9:00.

Last edited by g35 chippie; 02-14-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:00 AM
R

Originally Posted by g35 chippie
I WAS trained, though. By a motor training officer that I work with. Many, many, many hours of riding cone patterns. Head and eyes preceed the movement of the turn, right? He is the one that trains the DMV employees how to administer the test and what to look for. He told them I was more than qualilfied and to give me my M1. Yes I go up on 2 (never on one, that's a big no no). '05 Wee. I'm too tall for sport bikes. I need my leg room. But...if someone were to give me a Desmosedici RR, I wouldn't turn it down.

And while I'm at it....The white coupe southbound 280 at Page Mill tonight around 9:00.
I envy you!

I want to take a driving course so bad. Not just to be able to race around a track but to become an overall better driver. I'm going to pay 2 grand one day for those 3 days courses one day, I just want to go with someone else so it's not so boring.

Back to the topic: Seen a DG sedan 30 mins ago on east 80 at the truck scales past Cordelia on the way to Fairfield.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:20 AM

were you the one who pulled over a red car. hahaa i think it was red.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:24 AM
That's cool. I plan on doing the MSF once the weather gets nicer. I don't wanna be out there right now with this ugliness, the wet roads, and my zero experience. As for up on one... I don't plan to do that intentionally.

As for the bike I'm getting... Yeah, the title does kinda make me wonder, but I figure I'll get it chcked out at Evolution Suspesions (or whatever that place is... brought my cousin there a while back) and get the suspension dialed in for my weight and stuff like that.

I know this is getting more off topic, but one more thing... Road Rider has a coupon for Valentine's Day only... 20% off retail for any one item, or 10% off for any sale price item. Check their website. (I need a new helmet... cousin took mine.)

Okay, so this morning, about 11:40-ish, CB Coupe on Mission in Fremont, going from 880 towards 680... I made a left going onto 880 in front of you. Would've looked over or something if I wasn't concentrating on the turn as much as I was...

Calvin

Old 02-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Chippie would u turn down a duck 996?

Calv. best bet is go to Cycle Gear, find a helm there wear it around once u like it go online and buy the same one for 1-200 cheaper, also check ebay some shops sell cheap on there (i was gonna get my Tommy gun helm on there it was 300 cheaper then stores) You can also check Craigslist for people selling there old stuff, i found a barely worn ARAI some guys name i cant remember it but its a 600 dollar helm got it for 200.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:06 AM
best place to buy helmets is from .... motoworldonline.com use promo code BARF gets like 20 percent off or somethin of an already fair price. i buy all my suomys from there if you want new.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Spotted a BS coupe on El Camino today around 2, you turned west on floribunda. You had an 03-05 spoiler, fully debadged rear, tanabe decal on your window and aftermarket exhaust (I'm guessing tanabe) You on here? I've seen you around a couple of times

Old 02-17-2009, 12:40 AM
i have a friend with a 2005 or 06 honda something bike for sale. HAHAH thisis not a for sale ad. but lmk if anyones interested ill let you know more details. i just remember its red with minor mods righ now

Old 02-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by frog
Chippie would u turn down a duck 996?
Even though I love Ducs, I would have to pass. Someday, I want to own a Duc. I sat on a 999R. Uncomfortable. ST3 or Multistrada is more my speed, comfort level, and ergonomics. Did I just say ergonomics a Ducati in the same sentence?!?!

jen n juice- Was it you that passed me on 280? I wasn't working. I was on my way home from the in-laws.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:51 AM
jen n juice- Was it you that passed me on 280? I wasn't working. I was on my way home from the in-laws.
if you were in your g, then it probably wasnt me. i don't remember seeing any g's on the way home that night. but i was on 280s heading home from up north around that time too!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Who's That G?