Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Watch out for motorcycles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
Watch out for motorcycles

June 23rd at approx. 6pm a guy on a motorcycle was lane sharing next to me and somehow clipped my passenger's side rear with his bike's handlebars. Luckily, the damage is mostly scratches, with some deep scratches on the quarter panel.

This is right after the accident:

The car is currently being repaired and they found that the body shop I used for a previous collision (where I just needed the bumper replaced) lied to me about using a brand new oem bumper. Apparently the bumper was pulled from another G, repaired improperly, and attached to my G.

The body shop I'm using avoids using bondo or filler whenever possible. In my case they're filling the quarter panel and trunk holes with metal... more pics and end result to follow (can't wait to see the results of their custom painting process).

Old 07-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Modded Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bythabay
June 23rd at approx. 6pm a guy on a motorcycle was lane sharing next to me and somehow clipped my passenger's side rear with his bike's handlebars. Luckily, the damage is mostly scratches, with some deep scratches on the quarter panel.

This is right after the accident:

The car is currently being repaired and they found that the body shop I used for a previous collision (where I just needed the bumper replaced) lied to me about using a brand new oem bumper. Apparently the bumper was pulled from another G, repaired improperly, and attached to my G.

The body shop I'm using avoids using bondo or filler whenever possible. In my case they're filling the quarter panel and trunk holes with metal... more pics and end result to follow (can't wait to see the results of their custom painting process).
The colormatch on your "new" bumper looks off too. Hopefully it comes out better this time around. What shop are you using?

Old 07-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah, the colormatch was horrible. The situation was that a friend of the family hit me and the difference between taking it to where I wanted to take it and where they wanted me to take it to was over $300. So I figured I'd give it a chance and of course it turned out horrible but I felt bad for them (maybe I'm too nice) and just let it go. This time around I'm bringing it to the place I wanted to take it to initially. The guy specifically asked me not to list his shop because he is swamped with work. But I'll tell you the shop that did the ****ty repair, it was CAL AutoBody in Daly City. It's cheap as hell there but the quality is bad.

Originally Posted by vodkarocket
The colormatch on your "new" bumper looks off too. Hopefully it comes out better this time around. What shop are you using?

Old 07-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Modded Member
Yeah, the colormatch was horrible. The situation was that a friend of the family hit me and the difference between taking it to where I wanted to take it and where they wanted me to take it to was over $300. So I figured I'd give it a chance and of course it turned out horrible but I felt bad for them (maybe I'm too nice) and just let it go. This time around I'm bringing it to the place I wanted to take it to initially. The guy specifically asked me not to list his shop because he is swamped with work. But I'll tell you the shop that did the ****ty repair, it was CAL AutoBody in Daly City. It's cheap as hell there but the quality is bad.
That's interesting, who the hell turns down free advertising? When somebody did a hit & run on my G35's rear bumper, I paid $450 painted/installed for a brand new bumper.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
next time take it to International Autobody in San Bruno. you won't have any of these issues.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
That's interesting, who the hell turns down free advertising? When somebody did a hit & run on my G35's rear bumper, I paid $450 painted/installed for a brand new bumper.
Wow.. that's dirt cheap.. Would anyone else get that price too?

Old 07-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That sucks about your old bumper.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:41 PM
that sucks man... similiar thing happened to me this past new years eve, driving down 4 lane wide open road in houston, tx 7:30 am, a motorcycle thought there's no cars around and decided to change lane without looking, and I was coming up to his blind spot...then bam! messed up my right rear quarter panel..the thing that really pissed me off...he got so scared and just took off full speed, running couple of lights...i was like...but i was kinda in shock...like wtf just happened? anyways, insurance covered it under hit and run...

Old 07-10-2007, 10:19 PM
battle froggy
Originally Posted by codeflux
next time take it to International Autobody in San Bruno. you won't have any of these issues.

+1 but watch out for the scratches they leave on your car while fixing other parts hahaha

Old 07-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kris79
+1 but watch out for the scratches they leave on your car while fixing other parts hahaha
did you call them out on that?

Old 07-10-2007, 10:26 PM
battle froggy
Originally Posted by sfgr415
did you call them out on that?
yeah, they said they would take it out, but it doesnt bother me that much, i took out all the lil scratches with some polishing and waxing and scratch x. only 1 long line is left but i rather have that scratch than a non paint match bumper.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:57 PM
I should be getting it back tomorrow evening... pics to follow soon.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I should be getting it back tomorrow evening... .
Thank goodness I sold my bike already!

Old 07-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Got the car back and it looks great.

see pics here (final result and body shop process pics): http://www.sfplayers.com/gallery/vie...edByMotorcycle

see video here:

Old 07-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Modded Member
Got the car back and it looks great.

see pics here (final result and body shop process pics): http://www.sfplayers.com/gallery/vie...edByMotorcycle

see video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skcNCU0VKvo
Congrats, Eugene, it looks great. I think this makes you the #2 G to shave the trunk emblems.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Watch out for motorcycles