Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Gas is less expensive down here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its not TOO bad in San Jose either. I went to the Shell on Almaden and Blossom Hill the other day and the 91 was pretty "cheap". I can't remember the exact cost but I know it was less then $2.80/gallon.

Still though, I remember when I first started driving (1994-ish) and the prices were like a $1/gallon. Oh the good old days...

Old 08-12-2007, 01:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costco gas FTW!

Old 08-13-2007, 11:54 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by suicidesam
better go buy some 50 gallon drums and start filling up...

ROFLMAO! Yeah, I might just buy several 50 gallon drums, fill 'em up and store them in my backyard!

Old 08-13-2007, 11:58 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by andy2434
I am just a bit curious . . . With gas prices such as they are and probably climbing higher in the future . . . Have you folks adjusted your driving habits/routines?
hey Andy!

I have, sort of... I've thought of taking the bus or some form of public transportation say, 2 days a week. I rented a car to go down to L.A. this past weekend (a Taurus and it sucks!) and when I came back home tonight, I put my suitcase away and hopped on my Baby G... I missed him so much!

But the gas prices from here and driving through 101 and reaching Calabasas, where my family lives... it's like night and day! Down there, I filled up this morning and 87 was only $2.89... when I got home tonight before I returned my rental car... I filled up in Fremont @ $3.13!

Old 08-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Vacaville..... 2.85$ for premium at chevron or 76 =]

Old 08-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by D_unit
AAAwww dude! I'm moving down in L.A. in a couple of years! It's TOO expensive to live up here! I guess anywhere in the immediate Bay Area's expensive.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G-girl
hey Andy!

I have, sort of... I've thought of taking the bus or some form of public transportation say, 2 days a week. I rented a car to go down to L.A. this past weekend (a Taurus and it sucks!) and when I came back home tonight, I put my suitcase away and hopped on my Baby G... I missed him so much!

But the gas prices from here and driving through 101 and reaching Calabasas, where my family lives... it's like night and day! Down there, I filled up this morning and 87 was only $2.89... when I got home tonight before I returned my rental car... I filled up in Fremont @ $3.13!
Prices are dropping a bit here in the Bay Area. I paid $3.29 this morning at Chevron. However, the summer is winding down. I have to believe that through a series of 'Unfortunate Circumstances,' the price of oil will skyrocket, once again . . . Wink . . . Wink.

We haven't changed our driving habits, yet. Although it is a mental challenge to top off the wife's SUV. Gotta love the Honda Accord beater. I probably should consider taking public transit into downtown S.F. everyday. Especially, when I add up my monthly garage fees. However, I love the convenience of driving.

My son is visiting from Las Vegas and he laughs at the gas prices over here.

Most of us are quite fortunate . . . Considering that the price of gas is a nuisance for us versus some families' budget breaking headaches.

You lucky dog you, David.

Originally Posted by G-girl
AAAwww dude! I'm moving down in L.A. in a couple of years! It's TOO expensive to live up here! I guess anywhere in the immediate Bay Area's expensive.
Yeah, but the return on property is almost second to none. Especially, if you hold out for the long term.

Last edited by Andy2434; 08-14-2007 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:50 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Prices are dropping a bit here in the Bay Area. I paid $3.29 this morning at Chevron. However, the summer is winding down. I have to believe that through a series of 'Unfortunate Circumstances,' the price of oil will skyrocket, once again . . . Wink . . . Wink.

We haven't changed our driving habits, yet. Although it is a mental challenge to top off the wife's SUV. Gotta love the Honda Accord beater. I probably should consider taking public transit into downtown S.F. everyday. Especially, when I add up my monthly garage fees. However, I love the convenience of driving.

My son is visiting from Las Vegas and he laughs at the gas prices over here.

Most of us are quite fortunate . . . Considering that the price of gas is a nuisance for us versus some families' budget breaking headaches.

You lucky dog you, David.

Yeah, but the return on property is almost second to none. Especially, if you hold out for the long term.

AAaawww, I heard Vegas's gas price is great!

You're right... property value does hold better here in the immediate Bay Area... Oh, SUVs, my brother just got himself a Land Rover LR3 and although he loves the car, he hates the cost of running it.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:31 AM
Forget about the gas price...HOW BOUT SOME GARILC BURGER?

Old 08-14-2007, 01:32 AM
I am just a bit curious . . . With gas prices such as they are and probably climbing higher in the future . . . Have you folks adjusted your driving habits/routines?
Yes sir, I sure did...by attending less mini-meets.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:35 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Same as David, 2.86 for premium in Fairfield this morning.

Andy I changed my habits too, added more power to the car so I can get to places quicker so less time driving on the roads..

J/K have not even got my car back yet and Davids just got hit

Old 08-14-2007, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by urban
Same as David, 2.86 for premium in Fairfield this morning.

Andy I changed my habits too, added more power to the car so I can get to places quicker so less time driving on the roads..

J/K have not even got my car back yet and Davids just got hit
WHAT? again?

Old 08-14-2007, 02:55 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Well the first one was when he lost control, this was a hit and run so I will let David post more if he wants to share.

I just got in a fender bender in my wifes Altima last week and without the G35 I had to rent a Hyundai for a week Thank God I get the Altima back tomorrow, just not been a good week for me and vehicles

Old 08-14-2007, 08:52 AM
$2.60 at Shell on brookhurst,OC

Old 08-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Wow...2.86 in FF and Vaca....WHERE?
I'm still paying 3.05ish in Cordiela.
We talking reg or prem? 2.86 is reg price in my woods.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gas is less expensive down here!