Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Sacramento Kings scandal - Justin Williams (hits close to home.my home)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Sacramento Kings scandal - Justin Williams (hits close to home.my home)

I usually am not too excited about the scandals and drama of professional athletes or celebrities, but this one was pretty close to home for me. Apparently, Justin Williams, backup player for Sacramento Kings is being accused of raping/drugging a girl at his home. He has not been officially charged or arrested, but police obtained a warrant and searched his house. I'm not passing judgement, since I did not know him personally. Anyway, I happen to live across the street from him. They got me on a few news interviews this morning while I was leaving for work. Here is a clip of one...they actually show me leaving my house in my G

http://www.cbs13.com/video/?id=26141@kovr.dayport.com

Old 10-18-2007, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It will be quite interesting to see how this story develops.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by patman530
I usually am not too excited about the scandals and drama of professional athletes or celebrities, but this one was pretty close to home for me. Apparently, Justin Williams, backup player for Sacramento Kings is being accused of raping/drugging a girl at his home. He has not been officially charged or arrested, but police obtained a warrant and searched his house. I'm not passing judgement, since I did not know him personally. Anyway, I happen to live across the street from him. They got me on a few news interviews this morning while I was leaving for work. Here is a clip of one...they actually show me leaving my house in my G

http://www.cbs13.com/video/?id=26141@kovr.dayport.com

HEY WE HAVE A CELEBRITY! Answer me this if they were doing a story on this player why did they have the camera on your house? Kinda odd but props fo rbeing on the news. Quick someone send someone to do something bad to my quiet neighborhood so i can be famous too! Props again!

Old 10-18-2007, 10:39 PM
lol they didn't have enough to show on Justin's house, since the guy was at an away game in Alberquerque. The cops were already gone by that time too, so it would've been boring for them to just show a house. I actually didn't even want to talk to the news, but they were blocking my way out...

Anyway, I'm glad that they at least got a shot of my G backing out of the driveway

Old 10-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
DAMN hes quilty!! sike i duno we'll see whats up eventually

Old 10-19-2007, 04:35 AM
Why do I bother to DIY???
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol - props for getting on TV! Man...hope it's not true about what he did.

Nice neighborhood and no offense, but for a guy that makes $852k/year, how come he's not in a mansion? Well it's only a 1 year contract... Just a thought.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by RocketG35

Nice neighborhood and no offense, but for a guy that makes $852k/year, how come he's not in a mansion? Well it's only a 1 year contract... Just a thought.
The contract wasnt guaranteed, so if he dont make the team? he wont get paid, and he would have to pay tax on it and he dont get a lump sum either, so 852k isnt all that much when you really think abou it, that house probably just an rental. It would be lil bit different if he gets a guaranteed contract for next 3~4 years, he is only a back up to the back ups to an bad front line team.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by RocketG35

That's actually very smart of him. If one makes 852K/year, it doesn't mean he needs to go spend all of it or just dive into debt. That's how you end up a slave to your belongings. That neighborhood is nice.

Ha Patrick is trying not to smile and look at the camera.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Disco_Monkey
That's actually very smart of him. If one makes 852K/year, it doesn't mean he needs to go spend all of it or just dive into debt. That's how you end up a slave to your belongings. That neighborhood is nice.

Ha Patrick is trying not to smile and look at the camera.
I agree. If I were in his position, I probably wouldn't go out and buy a mansion and spend all the money that I didn't even make yet. He is a free agent, and the 852K/year is just a year contract. I think he only has one car too, a new black escalade ext, so it looks like he is trying to be smart with his money. The neighborhood only looks nice. Houses are nice looking and neighborhood is clean, but crime is overwhelming. Just the other day I woke up to see one of my neighbor's trucks sitting on blocks.

I was trying not to laugh...since I found the whole situation amusing. I wasn't exactly sure why the reporters were talking to me, since I didn't have anything meaningful to say.

Last edited by patman530; 10-19-2007 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Props on your TV appearance.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:56 PM
look at that sick *** G roll out of the garage

Old 10-19-2007, 04:01 PM
very interesting...

Old 10-19-2007, 08:05 PM
that's awesome I was wondering if someone on these boards was close by. You are right Pat, N Natomas is a cess pool of humanity these days...for that matter so is the rest of Sacramento...

Old 10-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by mackinnr
that's awesome I was wondering if someone on these boards was close by. You are right Pat, N Natomas is a cess pool of humanity these days...for that matter so is the rest of Sacramento...
Yeah, seems like Sacramento is going downhill in that respect...I don't plan on being here much longer, already looking towards the bay for a new job

Old 10-20-2007, 08:42 PM
were they trying to make it like like it was justin williams G backing out? if not thats the most out of place shot ive seen in a while

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sacramento Kings scandal - Justin Williams (hits close to home.my home)