Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Got new wheels on the M! Pics!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 12:30 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by limeg35
WTF, with all these M3 drivers in here?...
Why, did you trade yours for a G37 and now you're too cool for us? :P

I had never seen TA wheels on a Silver Gray, so I'm glad someone finally pulled the trigger. I saw the comments on the "other" forum.. it's true, the eye is drawn to the wheels because there isn't anything else dark on the car to complement them. But I don't see why everyone on that forum is so obsessed with blacked out kidneys, grills, corners, etc. But if you think THESE attract too much attention, what about the HREs Reminds me of Fern who had the 840R's for what, 2 weeks?

Old 12-23-2007, 12:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
So what if we went to lunch and came outside to find 15 people huddled around your car? That just means that your wheels are fvcking SICK!

Wally, Chris is very impulsive. If you think you're interested in trading, make a decision now before he changes his mind!!!
Impulsive is an understatement.

If it were up to me I'd have like 8 sets of wheels on a rotating rack and pick out the wheels for the day like shoes.

But yes, for now I want some OEM ZCP's back on my ride since they look stock and common, nobody even gives the car a second look which is exactly the way I like it!

Old 12-23-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by Finiti35

I had never seen TA wheels on a Silver Gray, so I'm glad someone finally pulled the trigger. I saw the comments on the "other" forum.. it's true, the eye is drawn to the wheels because there isn't anything else dark on the car to complement them. But I don't see why everyone on that forum is so obsessed with blacked out kidneys, grills, corners, etc. But if you think THESE attract too much attention, what about the HREs Reminds me of Fern who had the 840R's for what, 2 weeks?
Yeah I can't stand black out grilles, gills and corners or any lights for that matter. I can't stand DEPOs but everyone on that forum seems to love them.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:40 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by Disco_Monkey
Yeah I can't stand black out grilles, gills and corners or any lights for that matter. I can't stand DEPOs but everyone on that forum seems to love them.
Add angel eyes to that list.. and I completely agree...

I get plenty of looks even with the stock ZCPs though, and my car is completely stock except for the drop. I used to have OZ Superleggera III's and those were too much. I was too paranoid to park the car anywhere. I'm back to OEM and keeping it that way.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:50 AM
Add angel eyes to that list.. and I completely agree...

I get plenty of looks even with the stock ZCPs though, and my car is completely stock except for the drop. I used to have OZ Superleggera III's and those were too much. I was too paranoid to park the car anywhere. I'm back to OEM and keeping it that way.
Yeah at lunch today we had 15+ strangers standing around the car when we came outside. I don't like that. Some might consider it flattering but it makes me very uncomfortable. I don't like not being able to park the car without worrying about it and that's exactly why I want to swap back to my ZCP's. The VCSL stuff is very subtle and most people think it's stock so I'm very happy with that part. Maybe I'm getting old or something...

Old 12-23-2007, 04:34 AM

When I post that? some how I got a feeling that you will be pop in here any minute now ...No, I have a PRIUS...

Some guy came up to me and ask me about my rims last week, he said he likes them and was thinking bout getting some rims for his 335i, when I told him its iForged and blah blah..., he has no idea what it is or other brands of rims, so it kinda depend what types of ppl are looking at your car, I think average ppl not going to know what HRE/Work/DPE is, to them if it looks good?, it looks good!.

Old 12-23-2007, 02:30 PM
I have all that lol

Old 12-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah at lunch today we had 15+ strangers standing around the car when we came outside. I don't like that. Some might consider it flattering but it makes me very uncomfortable. I don't like not being able to park the car without worrying about it and that's exactly why I want to swap back to my ZCP's. The VCSL stuff is very subtle and most people think it's stock so I'm very happy with that part. Maybe I'm getting old or something...
so no HRE's then? they will get attention.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by WaLLy
I have all that lol
Like I always say, "to each his own." If you like it then it doesn't matter what I think and vice versa.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by sfgr415
so no HRE's then? they will get attention.
Well that's the thing. With aftermarket silver wheels, it really doesn't stand out to normal peeps but time attack wheels just scream out loud. Chrome is just out of the question.

I'm still getting HRE's but then I just want to swap back to ZCP's for now. I posted the M6 T/A's for sale on Craigslist. Gonna order ZCP's this week. Damn those wheels came stock on my car and now I'm paying for them due to my impulsive nature.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:03 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by limeg35
When I post that? some how I got a feeling that you will be pop in here any minute now ...No, I have a PRIUS...

Some guy came up to me and ask me about my rims last week, he said he likes them and was thinking bout getting some rims for his 335i, when I told him its iForged and blah blah..., he has no idea what it is or other brands of rims, so it kinda depend what types of ppl are looking at your car, I think average ppl not going to know what HRE/Work/DPE is, to them if it looks good?, it looks good!.
Ha, always at your service!

I would think that the average guy putting HP Evos from the local wheel joint on their car doesn't know what brands are out there. But I'm sure that everyone that has $3-5K to shell out on wheels would do their homework first.

Attention is good and bad, I always have people come up to me and it's flattering, but it used to be VERY annoying when I had the OZs and was known as "the girl with a hooked up BMW". Or people would ask "Is that your boyfriend's?". I would love a set of C20s or LM Competitions, but it's not for me. I almost ordered the same gunmetal Daytonas as yours for my G35 btw, it's funny how we change =)

Gonna order ZCP's this week. Damn those wheels came stock on my car and now I'm paying for them due to my impulsive nature.
I don't blame you, I sold my stock wheels and ended up buying OEM again a few months later.. for that exact reason haha.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:25 PM
I think I'm getting old... =(

Old 12-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Chris... which HRE's were you considering? Monoblock series?

Old 12-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by sfgr415
Chris... which HRE's were you considering? Monoblock series?
Nope, unfortunately they don't make monoblok for BMW's. I guess we are not good enough for HRE...

I have something else in mind now but it's a secret. A "custom" setup... not HRE. I changed my mind again about what wheels I want for the 39184732198473th time.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Nope, unfortunately they don't make monoblok for BMW's. I guess we are not good enough for HRE...

I have something else in mind now but it's a secret. A "custom" setup... not HRE. I changed my mind again about what wheels I want for the 39184732198473th time.
your right... however, I did contact them one time and they said they would make me a set of Monoblock wheels for my G35. They said they would have to shut down their assembly line and custom make my wheels. They quoted me $7200.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got new wheels on the M! Pics!