Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

D3 Install Help??? =)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6MT VQHR Sedan
D3 Install Help??? =)

Anyone on here bought and installed the aftermarket double din Pioneer D3 into their 05 Coupe before? If so can ya tell me how it went/was there any trouble with the D3 fitment issue with the new trim piece of course. *Btw i ordered mines from grubbs*/and anything i left out that i should need to know. I WILL be doing the installs myself later tonite with the help of my mod'ing budd.

Oh btw i noticed that the D3 does not fill up the dd space in the trim piece i purchased from grubbs. Its not much of a gap but it is still noticeable in about half to and inch gap whereas the z1's & z2's fit perfectly i believe. Any idea how i can make it flush with the new jdm dd trim piece i purchased?

Thanks fellow G's

Old 02-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It is a pretty straight forward installation. The hardest part may be removing and re-soldering the DUAL button on the ac controller.

In order to get the unit to sit as flush as possible, you will probably need to drill some new holes on the brackets to have the radio sit a bit better.

As for the gap, you can use an abs trim ring that comes with most double din headunits although, if I am not mistaken, the D3 does not come with one. You can try to buy one from a local car audio store.

If you want to be able to watch movies and enter navi info without having the car in park, you can do a bypass. If I am not mistaken, remove the mute wire from the harness and plug it into the empty slot right below it on the same harness. Make sure to ground that wire.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6MT VQHR Sedan
thankssss...