Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Santa Cruz IV run 4/12/08 - Photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 05:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
waddup NORCAL!!!

just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making this a VERY VERY VERY fun and exciting experience!!! I've never seen so many sexy Gs all together like today =)

Old 04-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GxR0ckstar
we came backkk all sweatin like ****'s after walking that 1/8th of a mile looking for eric's car infront but COULDN'T FIND HIM!
I feel bad you guys couldn't find me. I think you were about 100 yards south of the bridge and I was 100 yards north of the bridge. I was only about 20-30 cars away from the front of the accident.

I would have welcomed the company though!!!

Maybe next time they shut down the freeway and try to land Life Flight on it, we can hook up

Old 04-13-2008, 11:56 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Great meet, thanks to everyone. Sorry group 5 for the minor detour but we managed to not loose anyone and get back on track.

Tried to make it up with some high speed runs through the twisties so I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. I wish I could have stayed for lunch but had other things to take care of but again thanks for letting me take part in this for the 4th year.

Gillian your driving skills have vastly improved as you stayed with us on some of the corners we were taking at over 70mph

Old 04-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Some More Pics

Great event you guys!

Here's a link to a few of the pix we took (67 of them), just offloaded and uploaded to flickr w/o processing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2307845...7604508381904/

a preview:

Last edited by Viscous; 04-13-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by urban
Great meet, thanks to everyone. Sorry group 5 for the minor detour but we managed to not loose anyone and get back on track.

Tried to make it up with some high speed runs through the twisties so I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. I wish I could have stayed for lunch but had other things to take care of but again thanks for letting me take part in this for the 4th year.

Gillian your driving skills have vastly improved as you stayed with us on some of the corners we were taking at over 70mph
Thanks Paul. Not bad for stock suspension, eh? We'll have to have an East Bay meet. I've found a ton of great twisties in my area. Mt Diablo is the obvious choice, but there's a lot of roads that people don't know about.

Thank you again for leading us. I'll joke about the golf course detour for a bit, but I really appreciate you joining us for the time you could. It must have been tough to go into the lot and then have to turn around and go home.

~G

Old 04-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Grace
Thanks Paul. Not bad for stock suspension, eh? We'll have to have an East Bay meet. I've found a ton of great twisties in my area. Mt Diablo is the obvious choice, but there's a lot of roads that people don't know about.

Thank you again for leading us. I'll joke about the golf course detour for a bit, but I really appreciate you joining us for the time you could. It must have been tough to go into the lot and then have to turn around and go home.

~G
Joke away even I have blonde moments sometimes...lol

It took me 1 hour to get to Fremont from the garage, I was hauling a$$ to make it on time for my appointment

Old 04-13-2008, 12:40 PM
hey, who snapped that picture of the black ex35 at bridgepointe? got a copy?

Old 04-13-2008, 12:42 PM
John thanks for the use of the 2-way radio, much appreciated.

We had 13 cars in our group...talk about big.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Santa Cruz run....!

Every year when you guys/gals make this Santa Cruz run it looks like you
have a great time. Friends, Cars, Food and Fun....it doesn't get much better!
Thanks for sharing the pic....

Old 04-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by V35 Skyline GT
Right click...'save picture as...' or 'copy' then paste where ever you want.
no...i didn't see the picture on here...my sister called me yesterday telling me she was buying something at bridgepointe and that there were a bunch of g's and z's in the parking lot and was wondering if i knew about it (i have a g) and someone took a picture of her ex35.

Old 04-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Great pics Andy/Michael and others.

Thank you Shane, Carol and Andy for making this another great run. Glad we could make it to be with you all. See you all in a few weeks at the BBQ

Old 04-13-2008, 01:43 PM
I wanted to go but I got stuck cleaning the pool :/

Old 04-13-2008, 02:40 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
great pictures!

i would like to thank everyone that came out to norcal G's first big run of the year. it was nice to see some new faces and some old ones.

And a huge thank you to carol and andy for setting up the run and the lunches for us!

Old 04-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by urban

Yeah yeah Paul, that "detour" just an cover up story ..."Hey hey group? I went the wrong way, so we need to speed up and catch up!!!"

I broke off from group 4 pull over at that vista point, try to take pics as your group rolling by, but I waited for 10 minutes and it was getting hot standing on side of road so I took off, I pull over at stop sign again and see if you guys would catch up, just about to get out of car? you guys roll by, I didnt have to time to set up.

Sorry about you have that many cars in your group, couple of guys showed up late and group 1 and 2 had left already, so I give one to you and other to Eloy, didnt know either one have brought couple of friends/cars with them.

Last edited by ICANHASFRANKIE; 04-13-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
great meet everyone. Thanks Andy & Michael for arranging this superb drive! Great pictures Andy, thanks! It was such a great day and Im sure that everyone had lots of fun. I sure did!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Santa Cruz IV run 4/12/08 - Photos