Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Chippie i NEED your help please. exhibition of speed ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 01:52 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
[QUOTE=superdds;4043409]exactly...don't you have to deactivate vdc to begin with? it's not like you can start the car with it off.[/QUOTE

how is having the VDC off a big deal? The first thing i do after i start the car is turn the VDC off when i get in my car, almost every single time.
-GP-

Old 03-23-2009, 02:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Gdup35sedan;4043433]
Originally Posted by superdds
exactly...don't you have to deactivate vdc to begin with? it's not like you can start the car with it off.[/QUOTE

how is having the VDC off a big deal? The first thing i do after i start the car is turn the VDC off when i get in my car, almost every single time.
-GP-

it isnt a big deal...i drive with mine off on occasions. but how can you forget when you actively turn it off?

Old 03-23-2009, 02:13 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
[QUOTE=superdds;4043473]
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan

it isnt a big deal...i drive with mine off on occasions. but how can you forget when you actively turn it off?
maybe he turned it off when he first got in the car to pick up his friends, by the time he picked them up and had them screaming drunk in his ears, he could've easily forgot that it was off.
-GP-

Old 03-23-2009, 02:15 AM
^^^maybe

Old 03-23-2009, 02:39 AM
thanks gdupsedan for demonstrating a higher level of thinking skills rather than continuing to bash me in my own post that i am simply looking for a little court help in..

Old 03-23-2009, 10:35 AM
that wat you get for having VDC off..
you play, you pay!
good luck with the court, government need money right now..

Old 03-24-2009, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by azng45
that wat you get for having VDC off..
you play, you pay!
good luck with the court, government need money right now..
+1 if your really worried, probably get a lawyer. Your best chance is that the cop doesnt show up for court. Since your word against the cop doesn't stand a good chance in front of the judge. Also you never denied what you were doing when the cop pulled you over (the action that led to reason he pulled you over). Good luck.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:22 PM
I assume you are just going to enter a plea not have your trial in April, right? When you are ready for trial, I highly suggest your request discovery. You can do all this before the trial and without a lawyer. If they don't comply, you have good reason to win by default, although it sounds like you deserved a reckless driving ticket.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:51 PM
thanks for the input scotts,

Discovery is a request for the opposing side to show the evidence they will use against you in court right? (if any) I don't think this would be too bad of an idea since the sheriff has almost no evidence against me, other than his word..

so if i was to make a request for discovery, would that be done before my plea hearing ,during the plea hearing, or anytime after the plea but before my trial?

Old 03-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Geo21tide
thanks for the input scotts,

Discovery is a request for the opposing side to show the evidence they will use against you in court right? (if any) I don't think this would be too bad of an idea since the sheriff has almost no evidence against me, other than his word..

so if i was to make a request for discovery, would that be done before my plea hearing ,during the plea hearing, or anytime after the plea but before my trial?
It sounds like you have to show up in person to enter a plea. Is that right? In traffic matters, you can fight tickets from your comfy computer seat; you probably can't do that with this ticket given its severity. You can still request discovery, and you can do that at any time. The sooner the better.

Use certified mail (so you can prove you sent it and it was received) to the Superior Court and copy the DA and the office where the issuing officer resides sent to his attention. You are requesting a list of all witnesses for the prosecution, a copy of the front and back of the citing officer's ticket and any notes he took. If he wasn't alone, then you should request any other officer's notes as well.

First thing to do - in writing - is request an 1 month extension in your court date noting that you are requesting discovery. They should grant it (the officer doesn't show up to this portion of the trial anyway).

Old 03-28-2009, 01:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Give me a break! You don't accidentally fishtail and you don't just chirp the wheels when you take off, especially on a busy street or where there are people around. To me this sounds like showing off in front of your buddies, which is simply childish. Someone said it very well "you play you pay". It's time to grow up; hopefully 2 points on your record will get you there.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:14 AM
I find that the reading comprehension skills of many of the individuals posting their input on my thread to be formidably depleted.

First of all, I am not in any way asking you for your criticism of my actions, and why I chose to commit those actions.. Let alone ask for your criticism about my maturity level.

I simply asked if anyone with prior experience in the court room (primarily chip...hence the title of my thread) knew if I would be able to promote a substantial argument to dismiss my ticket due to the improper writing of the ticket..

So please, keep your criticism to yourself. if I wanted for you to explain to me why I committed the actions and for what reason I did them, i would ask you.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:48 AM
you getting pissed at people for giving you a hard time when you did something wrong and got caught tends to fuel the fire.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Geo, first of all, you gotta take a chill pill. You need to be the mature one here. If you post a story like that on a public forum, you have to have common sense enough to KNOW that there will be these types of responses. Is this how you are going to respond in court in front of a jury of your peers?

Like I said before, I don't have both sides of the story to comment. And I think it would be a conflict of interest if I were to help you prepare an adequate defense. The best thing I can tell you is how the process works. Since this will be heard in Superior Court, you are be entitled to legal representation. Read your 6th amendment rights. Heck, even if it is traffic court you have that right. I just went to court on a stop sign ticket on attorney calender. If you can't afford one, go to the public defenders office. File a discovery motion. Anything that the officer has put pen to paper on is evidence and you are entitled to see it. So if the officer put notes on his/her copy of the citation, a discovery motion would allow you to read what he wrote. Be careful using these internet sites to prepare your own defense. Too many times I have seen people come to court with a huge list of thing to ask an officer. Most of it is to try and discredit us. The judge usually get pissed and tells them to get to any testimony as to why they were not speeding or whatever it is. Food for thought.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:37 PM
if you really wanted advice from chippie you should have just pm'd him. like chippie said, this is a public forum. anyone can chime in as they please. having said that, best of luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chippie i NEED your help please. exhibition of speed ticket