Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

WEKFEST ver 2.0 - San Francisco Japantown - 02/28/10

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
yeah, the OEM Brembo Gold was just too sick pass up. lookin' forward to gettin' back to the bay

Old 12-22-2009, 12:17 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Those are going to look great behind the new wheels.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:28 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
thanks Chris, still on the fence about what rotors to run...

- RacingBrake 2pc slotted front & rear rotors

OR

- DBA 5000 serise 2pc cross-drilled & slotted front rotors w/4000 serise 1pc cross-drilled & slotted rear rotors

...leaning towards the DBA's, you know i'm a gold *****.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bmpnride
No need to stess.. What ya get done is what ya have to show. If you big ballin elite, then money is never an issue and stress is not an option...
haha...time is never on my side...as well dealing with people schedule is always an issue so i have to be flexible with scheduling things...but we will see what gets done from here to there

Old 12-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by SDGenius
thanks Chris, still on the fence about what rotors to run...

- RacingBrake 2pc slotted front & rear rotors

OR

- DBA 5000 serise 2pc cross-drilled & slotted front rotors w/4000 serise 1pc cross-drilled & slotted rear rotors

...leaning towards the DBA's, you know i'm a gold *****.
i have brembo rotors from the gtr for sale haha

Originally Posted by g37Mobbin
haha...time is never on my side...as well dealing with people schedule is always an issue so i have to be flexible with scheduling things...but we will see what gets done from here to there
i know....ive been planning, waiting, & working on the car since after HIN in ptown...it's finally coming together.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:13 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by g37Mobbin
at least ur car has doors and moves lol

Old 12-22-2009, 01:40 PM
and has a trunk lid

Old 12-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Premier Member

at least its not lifted!

Old 12-22-2009, 02:18 PM
battle froggy
at least u guys have fenders and bumpers =(

Old 12-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
At least your project has been started.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Premier Member

at least garage inc did not start the work! and why is ver tagged in ehre

Old 12-22-2009, 05:06 PM
^winner! Lol

Old 12-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Kris79
at least u guys have fenders and bumpers =(
yours is farther than mine Lol

Old 12-30-2009, 01:38 AM
battle froggy
-TOP F.A.Q.’s-

1. If my car is not ready by the Feb 28th Wekfest 2010, Can I give my spot to another crew member or friend? Do I get a refund?

There are NO REFUNDS – You must be 100% sure that you can commit your car for WEKFEST 2010 - If your car is not ready (built, finished from body shop etc) your spot is LOST and next car on waitlist is activated. You can NOT “Sell” or give your spot to another car or substitute. Car license plate # and vin # information will be collected and when checking in the day of the show, Matching information will be required to enter car show! If info does NOT match our records, car will not be allowed into show.

2. I’m trying to register my entire group/crew for WEKFEST, how do I make sure we can all park together if some/all our members make it into the show?

You will be staged with your crew to the best of our ability. As long as you and your other crew members registered under the same crew name, you will be placed accordingly.

3. How many spectator admissions does the car registration come with?

Your car registration only comes with 2(two) admissions. 1(one) for YOU the driver and 1(one) for your passenger – “BUT” your passenger must be present during staging/check in only. Your 2nd admission is only good DURING the morning staging and check in and your guest must roll down into garage with you during your staging. If you do not have your guest with you, you lose your 2nd admission.

4. My car is basically stock, can I still show my ride and support my forum/crew?

For this Japantown Wekfest show, we are limiting space for stock cars. Although we do appreciate & love the support, we are trying to have a much a higher ratio of modified cars in this particular show. Weksos and J’s Gathering will be offering a larger event later in the year to accommodate 3-4 times the amount of cars SF Jtown can hold and will allow all levels of tuner cars into the show.

5. What types of cars are allowed in Wekfest 2010?

We are allowing any modified make/model into Wekfest 2010 – from domestics (FORD CHEVY GM) to Euro’s. From Daily driven cars to full time track cars. We hope to see anything from Fords to Nissans. The VW’s to the Audi’s!

6. I went last year and had a GREAT TIME, but I am wondering if you are going to fix the long lines to get into the show. I waited 2 hours in line last year!

We are definitely working on all the kinks we came across last year! We are planning on having 4 lines this time rather than the one long line gong around the mall! So if you waited 2 hours last year, we hope to cut that down to less than 30 minutes!

7. I plan to trailer my non-street legal track car and want to know if there’s a place I can park my truck and trailer all day?

Yes, If you arrive early enough, there’s plenty of space on Post and Geary Streets. We have Pro Drift and Race cars showcasing every year and the owners say there’s plenty of FREE Sunday parking on Geary and Post streets if you come early enough 6am-9am

8. I hear only 30 spaces are available for this show and most of the 450 spaces are vendors and their cars. Is this true?

Definitely FALSE! We have 350 spaces available for JUST CARS. Vendors and Booth space is not counted in this amount! They have their own area of the show with their own spaces allotted to them.

9. If I get accepted to show my car in Wekfest 2010 but my other crew members missed the registration window and the show is now full, can they get into the show since I made it in? Or can they get bumped in front of anyone else?

NOPE – YOU SNOOZE…..YOU LOSE!

10. I don’t like driving in the rain, If it rains on Sunday Feb 28th and I choose not to enter my car, can I get a refund or give up my space to another car?

SEE QUESTION # 1 – SORRY NO REFUNDS

11. I attended a sorry *** “joke of a show” in Reno earlier this year where we saw show coordinators asking spectators to park their cars into the actual car show due to super low car registration attendance. We saw them give away awards and trophies to people who simply asked and even begged for them(hello kitty) – I was super disappointed. The show was ghetto and seemed like a waste of a drive from Sacramento to see this show. My question is, I am driving 2 hours to San Francisco and why should I pay $10-15 admission for WEKFEST? How is your show going to be different from the others?

Great question! We are NOT some corporate organization that is simply just trying to capitalize on young adult’s money. We built this show years ago as we wanted an event that was “TRUE TO THE GAME” – Not some water downed event or mainstream thing – We are enthusiasts in the same community as you guys/gals are. “Built for tuners by tuners” is best how to explain the making of Wekfest. We sell out of all 550 parking spaces every year since doing shows In San Francisco Japantown 10 year’s ago. Every year is filled with great cars, great people and most importantly…..a great community. It’s very hard to win @ WEKFEST and all the cars that compete are magazine worthy and track ready beasts! You’ll enjoy the show…….

12. I have vertical doors on my Dodge Neon SRT-4. It also has $5K in stereo and almost $1K in engine and suspension mods. DO I qualify for WEKFEST? I heard its only for JDM cars and most Hondas. I’m looking for an event that I can feel at home and surrounded by people with the same interests as me.

Yes, any NON STOCK car will be considered for showcasing @ WEKFEST. We invite all modded cars to apply and register! Whether you have a drift spec s13 to a VIP Lexus. Even if you have a EF Civic Project with great plans or a finished show queen Mazda FD…..you were welcomed!

Old 12-30-2009, 01:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I need to register

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WEKFEST ver 2.0 - San Francisco Japantown - 02/28/10