Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Tint and front plate tix at the Caldecott

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
ugh, that sucks. sorry Gillian

Old 08-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by G35SedanGrn
^Exactly and talking smack about the cop that let him off the hook & having a smart *** attitude about it is retarded.
Relax.

It was my mistake; I clearly misinterpreted his gesture. I was told it wouldn't be a violation but obviously I was misinformed.

Last edited by dEnbOy.GFM; 08-26-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
Now with the tinting issue ... say you pay the fine. You haven't fixed anything, right? The next CHP can cite you again, right? It'd be similar if you were caught speeding 1-day. You'd be cited and have to pay a fine (or whatever) .. then got caught speeding (again) on a different day. You'd still be cited for speeding .. again.
If you pay the fine with a signed off ticket/no signed off ticket, you can still be cited again if you have the tint still on. If you were to get pulled over and get a tint ticket, I dont believe you can be cited again the next day though. You would have to wait to receive the copy in the mail and then have about 2 months to take care of it. I believe you can extend the due date though which will give you a longer time period to ride around with tint and not be able to be cited again. Once you pay/take care of it, you are vulnerable to getting ticketed again though.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by dukehotty
Wow! You have had shtty luck lately!! Stay home and relax this weekend.. have some wine.
lol! My neighbor saw my face when I pulled up yesterday, went inside his house, and came out with a martini.
Originally Posted by 1trueG
If you pay the fine with a signed off ticket/no signed off ticket, you can still be cited again if you have the tint still on. If you were to get pulled over and get a tint ticket, I dont believe you can be cited again the next day though. You would have to wait to receive the copy in the mail and then have about 2 months to take care of it. I believe you can extend the due date though which will give you a longer time period to ride around with tint and not be able to be cited again. Once you pay/take care of it, you are vulnerable to getting ticketed again though.
The CHP said something about two weeks. I didn't quite understand what he was getting at. I thought he was telling me not to drive the car for that time. Maybe that was what he was saying.... I was cross-eyed by then. I'll zip tie the license on and pay the fine for the tint.

Can I just go down to any PD to get it signed off?

Old 08-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by G35SedanGrn
When visiting a different state your car has to be 100% legal in the state you are driving in, it doesn't matter if you are from a state that doesn't require a front plate & lets you have limo tint on all windows & a fart can that sounds like a fighter plane, all that has to come off when you visit a state that says all that is illegal, the cop could have given you a ticket but he chose not to. His "face" was not a "face" of "oh i'm stupid for pulling him over" it was more of a "what ever I'll give him a break".
If it was true, my friend with WA plates would be getting in a lot of trouble everytime he got pulled over. Last time he got pulled over (EVO with a 37R, cams, E85, blah blah blah) cop said "is this car modified?" friend is like "yeah it is, are modifications illegal in CA??" then the cop was like and he was like and when I heard the story I was like .

anyways, I got a fix it plate ticket and tint ticket, zip tied my plate, cop gave me sh*t when I tried too get it signed off, he was trying to tell me I have to have it in the front of my car put on correctly, I then showed him it was on correctly and fastened good enough, he signed it off.

lol

Last edited by SE5spd; 08-26-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Do you guys know if there's a restriction on how high or low your plate needs to be off the ground?

I ask because I've seen some people have their front plates sticking between their dash and windshield. Will that do?

Old 08-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by xdEnbOyx
Do you guys know if there's a restriction on how high or low your plate needs to be off the ground?

I ask because I've seen some people have their front plates sticking between their dash and windshield. Will that do?
just zip tie it on your bumper

Old 08-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, that won't be legal.

http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc5201.htm

Old 08-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Grace
Can I just go down to any PD to get it signed off?

Any PD? If you mean .. just any Police person you see, I don't think so. I think you need to go to some "station" or such, to have it "signed-off".

This is from years ago, when I had a "tint" encounter in SF. Just my luck. Was stuck in traffic .. heading from SF back to Sac. You know .. heading onto the Bay Bridge .. bumper to bumper .. rolled past SFPD .. young PD .. as soon as I rolled past .. blips his siren, flashes his lights .. pulls me over (yes in that traffic) .. says I can't have my front (drivers/passenger) windows tinted. They were tinted .. but I think .. 75% transmission, anyway .. got the fix-it ticket .. went to a local PD station to verify it was removed.

So I didn't have to return to SF to get it signed off .. I was able to take care of it in Sac.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:52 PM
you can just go to any cop, on or off duty and get it done. I just go to my neighbor who is SFPD and he signs off my tickets so I dont need to go drive around looking for someone to sign it off.

Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
Any PD? If you mean .. just any Police person you see, I don't think so. I think you need to go to some "station" or such, to have it "signed-off".

This is from years ago, when I had a "tint" encounter in SF. Just my luck. Was stuck in traffic .. heading from SF back to Sac. You know .. heading onto the Bay Bridge .. bumper to bumper .. rolled past SFPD .. young PD .. as soon as I rolled past .. blips his siren, flashes his lights .. pulls me over (yes in that traffic) .. says I can't have my front (drivers/passenger) windows tinted. They were tinted .. but I think .. 75% transmission, anyway .. got the fix-it ticket .. went to a local PD station to verify it was removed.

So I didn't have to return to SF to get it signed off .. I was able to take care of it in Sac.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by SE5spd
you can just go to any cop, on or off duty and get it done. I just go to my neighbor who is SFPD and he signs off my tickets so I dont need to go drive around looking for someone to sign it off.
Hehe I found a cop at a Starbucks on break to sign off on a broken tail light fix-it ticket =P

Old 08-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a question, what the fine for a plate ticket?

Hehe I found a cop at a Starbucks on break to sign off on a broken tail light fix-it ticket =P

Old 08-27-2011, 06:50 PM
^Dunno never got one. You're allowed to not have one in NV.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:44 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,019 Likes on 793 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by uttarpradesh
Here's a question, what the fine for a plate ticket?
Depends. I got one and it was $25 I think with a police officer signing off on it.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:09 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
zip tie it and don't remove the tint then go to a police department. Ask them that you need your ticket signed off and if your lucky he won't come outside to look at your vehicle...

ticket signed off.. congrats..happened to me once.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tint and front plate tix at the Caldecott