Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Car & Driver Race Series, Alameda Nov 12-13 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up Car & Driver Race Series, Alameda Nov 12-13 Official Thread

http://www.precisionracing.org

I created a thread in the Coupe forum but I wanted to start one here too so us folks in the bay area can chat about this.

I haven't signed up yet, but I plan to go on Sunday, Nov 13 because the Big Game is on the 12th. All the G's should show up on Sunday so we can represent
Entry fee is $99 and there are 3 events (track, skidpad, something else but I forget). There used to be a description of the event on the webpage but now it's gone.

I'm wondering how they will treat Z-tubes. It wouldn't be fair to move cars into a modded class because of that. Maybe they won't even be able to tell. A plenum spacer I can understand though.

Anyone planning on going? which day?
Events start in June in other cities, so we'll be able to find out more info about the event in a few months.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds pretty cool even though there isn't a whole lot of details yet. Almost like the Mazda Rev It Up event but instead there are supposedly three events. Here's the three.

1. Timed autocross - A short, individual road race that puts your driving skills to the test. Whip your ride through a slalom, corner hard, and know when to go flat-out.

2. Drag strip - Just put the hammer down and get to the end as fast as you can!

3. Skid Pad - Push your car to its maximum! How long can you hold on?

I wonder how many runs you get in each event. $99 sounds a bit steep though. For a little more money I can go road racing at a real road course with over 2 hours of seat time. I'll have to keep this in mind though. Thanks for sharing.