Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

The BEST paint match body shop for D/G. INGS Replica Lip and Sideskirts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The BEST paint match body shop for D/G. INGS Replica Lip and Sideskirts?

Can anyone suggest the ABSOLUTE BEST body shop who can match paint? I need to have my INGS Replica Front Lip and Sideskirts painted Diamond Graphite.

I am very **** when it comes to paint and body so "close enough" won't cut it for me and I can't stand when I see body panels that don't match perfectly.

So if anyone has any suggestions... SF/Oakland/SJ doesn't matter as long as they are VERY GOOD and VERY METICULOUS.

Old 02-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by Disco_Monkey
Can anyone suggest the ABSOLUTE BEST body shop who can match paint? I need to have my INGS Replica Front Lip and Sideskirts painted Diamond Graphite.

I am very **** when it comes to paint and body so "close enough" won't cut it for me and I can't stand when I see body panels that don't match perfectly.

So if anyone has any suggestions... SF/Oakland/SJ doesn't matter as long as they are VERY GOOD and VERY METICULOUS.
International Autobody in San Bruno. I've used them on my car, and recommended them to a few friends and members of this forum as well.

Do a search for them...

Old 02-12-2006, 02:43 PM
I emailed them after reading one of your other threads but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I will call them tomorrow.

Thanks Boris.

Oh btw, you get your shock sensor installed? Damn I spent two days on that sucker because I thought I wired it incorrectly but I knew I had it right the first time... turned out that I got a faulty sensor. Of all the luck. =)

Old 02-19-2006, 05:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
keep us updated on what shop you choose and how it turns out

Old 02-20-2006, 10:02 PM
I have my pieces at International since Boris recommended them...

The total is going to be 900 bucks for the LIP and Sideskirts. That is including a discount. It's twice what I was expecting and quoted from the beginning!

I will be dropping my car off on next Tuesday unless I change my mind all together. =(

Old 02-20-2006, 11:59 PM
Modded Member
I have my pieces at International since Boris recommended them...

The total is going to be 900 bucks for the LIP and Sideskirts. That is including a discount. It's twice what I was expecting and quoted from the beginning!

I will be dropping my car off on next Tuesday unless I change my mind all together. =(
Now I feel bad... I'll put in a call tomorrow and let them know that if it doesn't come out flawless- well, let's leave it at that...

Old 02-21-2006, 01:56 AM
Oh no no no Boris...

Don't feel bad at all man. I'm not mad at all. Just shocked. I may need to exchange my kit. That is the reason for the huge price increase. The kit was all warped and the original packaging wasn't there. I felt like they were kinda trying to rip me off but I just kept playing dumb.

John's brother is the one that quoted me the 900. I am going back tomorrow to talk to John directly who quoted me the original 400-500. I may have to take it somewhere else after exchanging the pieces. The pieces were supposed to be left in the sun for a few hours to go back to their original shape.. the shop left that part out and never showed me that piece of paper. Told that it was going to take extra work to get the pieces straight.

But seriously don't feel bad tho. I still appreciate the referral, I just think that they are trying to make a buck.

Old 02-21-2006, 08:44 PM
So I picked my parts up since they were being firm on the 900 quote.

I am going to try Image Auto Body. They also come highly recommended when it comes to paint matching.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Modded Member
So I picked my parts up since they were being firm on the 900 quote.

I am going to try Image Auto Body. They also come highly recommended when it comes to paint matching.
Man...I can't believe they did that.

Keep us posted on how Image does/charges on your car.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:27 PM
I called Phil at Image, the guy who did Vinh's Yellow Z, he quoted me 813 and said it would take 3-4 days.

For me it's not about the money. I am willing to pay for great work. John from International was cool since I mentioned Boris' name as a referral but his brother Steve just seemed like he was trying to rip me off. My final fee was going to be double my initial quote. If they said 900 from the beginning I woulda shopped around but at least it would've been straightforward which is how I do business with my clients. And they said that the kit didn't come with any paperwork... I checked with the vendor and he in fact DID include instructions to leave the pieces in the sun and they will straighten out. Steve didn't mention that and told me that the pieces would need 1.5 hours of labor to straighten out... lol. I kept looking for John but he was very busy and kept having his brother help me. So oh well...

Phil from Image quoted me 813 right off the bat with no BS and that is his price. Other shops quoted me anywhere from 300 bucks to 500 bucks but those were random shops with crappy cars in the parking lot and shop. I am going to try out Image once I exchange my kit... I will post pics an reviews. He says he's matched DG several times so it's no big deal for him which makes me feel very very very comfortable.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:17 AM
Modded Member
Chris, I was @ International today and had a talk with John. I'll give you the details of our conversation later- I'm heading out for a night of drinking...

Old 02-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
Chris, I was @ International today and had a talk with John. I'll give you the details of our conversation later- I'm heading out for a night of drinking...

I am curious...

Old 03-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you ever get ur stuff back from Image?

Old 03-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Modded Member
^ Yeah, I wanna see how it turned out.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:48 PM
I returned my parts to the vendor for new parts because I don't know if they got messed up from shipping or the body shop since I had them shipped directly to the body shop. So it costed me 60 bucks plus two weeks delay but like I have stated before... I am ****. haha I sent pics to the vendor and they said the parts did not look like that when they sent them to me. So they did a full exchange and they are shipping out tomorrow. I should get them on Monday.

I will post pics as soon as she's done...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The BEST paint match body shop for D/G. INGS Replica Lip and Sideskirts?