NorthWest Serving AK, ID, OR, WA

Who wants to have a track day at Portland International Raceway?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who wants to have a track day at Portland International Raceway?

Hey everyone...

So I have driven out at PIR (Portland International Raceway) a handful of times for HPDEs(high performance driver education) courses. Only once in my G, the rest of the times I've driven my race-prepared Volvo.

If you haven't ever done it, it's very cool. I normally go out with the BMW club. All you have to have is spec Helmet and of course a tight car (they check it over before the day starts).

The dates of the BMW club days are below. They are all on Monday's which is good to keep particpants lower.

April 28
May 19
August 25
September 22

If we can get a group of us together I might be able to swing a discount, othewise it's about normally about 125-150 per day. Varies per year.
Who want's to go? It's first come first serve for registration. The link is below:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/pap/ev...97229&x=79&y=8

Old 03-26-2008, 09:43 PM
I signed up a while ago for the April 28 day, but I'm still on the waitlist (the entire day was sold out by the end of February). I'll probably go a couple other times this summer, but I don't have my schedule yet.

I have been out with the BMW club as well (maybe I've seen you there?), but I've also been out with the Porsche club and the Alfa club. The BMW days always fill up, but it's a well-run day. I've done the driving schools too (Cascade Sports Car Club and Team Continental). Cascade SCC now has an HPDE option where if you have track experience you can skip the classroom session and only have to have an instructor ride along for the first on-track session of the day.

I'm interested to see how the repaving went over the winter and to check out the new turn 7 and approach onto the back straight .

Old 03-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Nice I have also driven with Cascade and Team Continental. Well, are you interested in signing up for the May 19?

Did they repave the entire track or just certain patches? I may have to venture out there this weekend to take a look.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:26 PM
Sadly, May 19 is probably not going to be possible for me. Things could change for me at work, but right now it doesn't look good. And further out it's too early to tell.

As for PIR, it's a complete repaving along with some significant changes in some of the corners, especially turn 7. There's a nice thread discussing the changes at Trackpedia: PIR undergoing repaving

Here are a few interesting links from that thread:

PIR_Repave_Plan.pdf

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7274409579685236456&hl=en
Kim's Unofficial Pacific Northwest Open Lapping Track Day Schedule (KUPNWOLTDS)

Should be exciting...