NorthWest Serving AK, ID, OR, WA

anyone have an 04 6mt coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone have an 04 6mt coupe?

i really need someones help and it'd save me a ton of money. my trunk stopped working a few weeks ago and i've tried every possible solution except one. the switch, fuses and actuator are all good. my only option left is the bcm. if someone would be willing to let me try theirs in my car that's be awesome cause i really don't want to spend $450 on a new one, find out i don't need it and be out all that money. i really don't want to take my car to the dealer or anywhere else just so they can charge me labor to perform all the other tests and trouble shooting i've already done. if someone is willing help me out i'd greatly appreciate it. i'm available any sunday, usually after noon, and can come over to your house with tools and do all the work. the body control module is located right by the fuse panel in the kick panel on the drivers side of the car. tacoma area would be preferred, but at this point anything will do. tia

Old 11-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by djSLiM
i really need someones help and it'd save me a ton of money. my trunk stopped working a few weeks ago and i've tried every possible solution except one. the switch, fuses and actuator are all good. my only option left is the bcm. if someone would be willing to let me try theirs in my car that's be awesome cause i really don't want to spend $450 on a new one, find out i don't need it and be out all that money. i really don't want to take my car to the dealer or anywhere else just so they can charge me labor to perform all the other tests and trouble shooting i've already done. if someone is willing help me out i'd greatly appreciate it. i'm available any sunday, usually after noon, and can come over to your house with tools and do all the work. the body control module is located right by the fuse panel in the kick panel on the drivers side of the car. tacoma area would be preferred, but at this point anything will do. tia
I have an 04 6sp....I live in spanaway, your welcome to come by and we can see whats doing....gimme a pm...it'll have to be around 230 on sunday afternoon cause I dont get off till than.....and my eagles play at 5!!

Old 11-07-2009, 03:43 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
djSLiM...i have an 04 as well ..unfortunately it's parked for the winter ..but i had the same problem 2 years ago where my trunk stopped opening...what happened was the line that runs into the back seat that springs the lock had disconnected so they had to take the upholstry off and reconnect/replace the line and some BS like that. They tried to charge me for it but car was under warranty..if you have extended warranty look into it...the bcm should be fine..let me know...

Old 11-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by sukh79
djSLiM...i have an 04 as well ..unfortunately it's parked for the winter ..but i had the same problem 2 years ago where my trunk stopped opening...what happened was the line that runs into the back seat that springs the lock had disconnected so they had to take the upholstry off and reconnect/replace the line and some BS like that. They tried to charge me for it but car was under warranty..if you have extended warranty look into it...the bcm should be fine..let me know...
i know its not the cable cause the actuator would still make a noise when a button is pushed and its not. that and i have to use the emergency pull located under the rear seat back to fold the rear seat down, then pull the emergency trunk release in the deck lid to actually open it up. total pita...

Old 11-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have an 04 as well. Mine seems to be a pain sometimes and not open. I found that turning the car off then back on works. If not, fold down the back seat, and crawl into the trunk and pull the emergency cable. then get out, close it, and then give it a try. i did it and it worked for me. No problems since.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh, and also make sure the emergency pull is seated correctly in the trunk lid. Yours could be in there funny.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by djSLiM
i know its not the cable cause the actuator would still make a noise when a button is pushed and its not. that and i have to use the emergency pull located under the rear seat back to fold the rear seat down, then pull the emergency trunk release in the deck lid to actually open it up. total pita...
Originally Posted by volcom_koda
fold down the back seat, and crawl into the trunk and pull the emergency cable. then get out, close it, and then give it a try. i did it and it worked for me. No problems since.
Originally Posted by volcom_koda
oh, and also make sure the emergency pull is seated correctly in the trunk lid. Yours could be in there funny.
oh, and btw, it's not easy cause there's a big speaker box in the way...

Old 11-16-2009, 03:44 AM
i'm still looking for someone who will let me try their BCM