Not G35 Related Post your items here that are not G35-related.

Super Computer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fast07GSdn
1TB (you have in your computer) does not equal to 1.5TB (you stated above).
Your right my bad, it was a typo i put this thing up pretty quickly. But if you look at the picture that shows the hdd, and add up the total room it is 1.5 TBs. Once again sorry, it does come with 1.5tb for anyone who cares

Old 01-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SaratogaG35
Well ********, im trying to sell something here, i dont need some loser like you comming in saying to everyone that its not worth it. Why dont you just keep your opinion to yourself *******. And if most mainstream computers can handle two video cards, why cant I find any while trying to right now? Only high end dells and custom computers like my velocity can handle it. So although it might not be a "supercomputer" its far from mainstream. I dont even think you have a clue what your talking about "guy".

But to justify my price:

4 LCD Monitors: $175 each = $700
1.5 Terabytes of room: $500
Computer itself: $1,000
Upgraded graphic cards: 150 each = $300
All the DVI cables: $100
Programs: easy, easy $600
Free shipping 2 days: $100

And that doesnt even include speakers, the fact its already put together and built. So before you go saying that my computer doesnt "warrant" the price. Why dont you go and do some research... retard

Your price don't mean jack ****. If you're so into the stock market, you would know that technology prices fall HEAVILY especially consumer level computers.

From what I read, you either got really ripped off buying your computer or you just love talking with dollar signs.

I just built a comp that will run circles around yours for less than 900 bucks.

If you really want this to sell, you would probably want to put the specs up (if you know any of them)

**** there needs to be more people like you in Boston so I can rip more of them off.

Btw, when did "Free Shipping 2 Days" = $100 bucks? lol

Last edited by Down_Shift; 01-06-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
You still haven't answer my question with the computer spec. I posted the question above the "1TB not = 1.5TB" and how come you only answered to that?

Free shipping 2 days: $100
I thought free meant.............. free?

Old 01-06-2008, 01:42 PM
What video cards? You said nVidia, but not the model? There're cheap video cards that do SLI, too you know? And what processor is it that you're selling? Does it have any aftermarket cooler? And the memory? What's the stock speed and the latency of the memory? Is it DDR2? How about the HDD? You said it has 1TB of storage... Is it PATA? or SATA? Is it multiple a HDD setup that's in RAID-0?

It would be useful if you list all the information on your computer, and please, don't get so offensive.
WOW, i am not a computer engineer, just a day trader. But ill try to help as much as i know.

They are Geforce 7900gs here is a link to them for more information (http://www.directron.com/gse79gsa1.html)

There is 1.5 terabytes of storage. 800gb are sata internal hdd. 200gb are external hdd hooked up with USB2.0. The other 500gb is an external HDD hooked up with E-sata.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:46 PM
You still haven't answer my question with the computer spec. I posted the question above the "1TB not = 1.5TB" and how come you only answered to that?

I thought free meant.............. free?

Yeah just like everything else you buy when it says free or cheap shipping. Its worked into the cost of the item. You say its free so the customer feels they are getting a better deal. The only reason i even put the 100 in there was to show that its not a rip off and the people who think it is have problems

Old 01-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Down_Shift
Your price don't mean jack ****. If you're so into the stock market, you would know that technology prices fall HEAVILY especially consumer level computers.

From what I read, you either got really ripped off buying your computer or you just love talking with dollar signs.

I just built a comp that will run circles around yours for less than 900 bucks.

If you really want this to sell, you would probably want to put the specs up (if you know any of them)

**** there needs to be more people like you in Boston so I can rip more of them off.

Btw, when did "Free Shipping 2 Days" = $100 bucks? lol
Why are you even here? Im trying to sell something, if you have a question ask. But dont come in here saying **** about my price meaning jack ****, this and that. I dont care about your 900 dollar junk computer. If you think i got ripped off your crazy. If you were smart you could look up what I am selling and see that its a good deal, but since you arent even interested in the computer, i have to ask, why are you posting here?

Old 01-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Some quick price justifications before i leave for the day:
I know some places are cheaper and more expensive, i just am using the first link i find to everything.

4 - 19" westinghouse widescreen LCD monitors: http://www.pcuniverse.com/product.as...160638&m_id=32
$217 each so 4 would = $868

2- Nvidia gforce 7900gs: http://www.directron.com/gse79gsa1.html
$180 each so 2 would be = $360

500gb external HD- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1185267958041
$220

200gb external hd- $100

other 800gb internal hdds +/- $300

This is the prices of the items if ordered today.
The total is 1800 bucks just for those items, that doesnt even include the computer itself. You can argue that the items are used, yeah they are used for a few months but only for a few hours a day. Everything is in perfect shape. And you cannot argue that the items are old and outdated, the prices i got are from today if you wanted to order them. You can check it out yourself.

So please unless you have a question about this item please do not post. I do not care if you think its a bad deal, or your computer is better or your wifes cheating on you and you are looking to vent someplace. Please just only post if you are interested. nno more garbage. Thanks

Old 01-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 350Zed
I'm not talking. I'm typing. My mouth is closed.
Dude seriously you need to stop fueling the fire. Just stop, both of you. Let him sell his computer. If you don't like it then keep it to yourself stop taking up server space with the worthless post.

-Sean

Old 01-06-2008, 05:21 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by Nismo G
Dude seriously you need to stop fueling the fire. Just stop, both of you. Let him sell his SUPPAH computer. If you don't like it then keep it to yourself stop taking up server space with the worthless post.

-Sean

Correction.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
ok I will jump in here because I have built computers for myself, friends and even sold a few. I have an MSDN subscription as well as a technet subscription.

What we have is a "retail" comparison vs wholesale. Unfortunately, computer parts much like audio and many other disposable goods (hard to believe but yes disposable) have an incredible depreciation rate.

You might do well to list the actual model numbers of the CPU, Ram,hard drives and burners because they can easily increase or decrease the value of your sale. I can pick up a white box version of the very latest burner for $29 each. I would suggest un-bundling your monitors as well as most probably wont have the need or want for that many

My suggestion to end this litany of posts is to adjust your original post and lighten up from the words "super computer" Your 7900 cards alone can be beat by a 8600GS that costs close to the same or less. Again, not trying to rub salt in your eye but I suggest talking another 30% off your price and you will have adjusted for market. I suspect something that you in your area of expertise understands.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
also (sorry trying to help) you should specifiy if your vista and office software is preinstalled or actual disks from MS. The retail value of Office Ultimate is over $700

Old 01-13-2008, 09:56 AM
bump

Old 01-26-2008, 11:59 PM
bump

Old 01-27-2008, 03:38 PM
is the software actual cd's with valid keys or stuff that you downloaded?

also, an internal 750gb harddrive on new egg is $150. But either way, let me know if consider your price.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:08 PM
the programs came installed on the computer. i am willing to lower the price a little or sell either just the comp or just the LCDs by themselves. let me know with a PM not on here

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Super Computer