Anyone done warranty work with Infiniti of Columbus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone done warranty work with Infiniti of Columbus

Hey guys im lookin to do some warranty work on my 04.5. its got 52k on the odo and my warranty expires February 2010. I notice I have a gas gauge not reading correctly, and then I notice the valve cover is leaking on the driver side. I look around the forums and realized that these are issues that are not new.

I never took a car in for warranty work before, but from what I experience at dealerships before ( I used to work as a tech at lexus) is they will look for anything that can void the warranty. Even a customer stating the exact issue, and knowing exactly needs to be changed can throw a red flag there, because they will feel that the customer is the cause of the issue. Now, the claims where a customer states that they notice something wrong are the things that the dealer wants to tell the manufacturer.

But this was at lexus, so I don’t know if it’s the same way with inifiniti…

Even though its not a big deal, but I do have an open air filter, the spark plugs have been changed, and there is a bolt missing off the valve cover. And am worried they will give me crap for it.

As you may know, I am a noob to infiniti, and I don’t know how they are at Infiniti of Columbus and their warranty work. I was wondering if anyone has went to them, or has dealt with them, or knows any of the techs? Any recommendations, a heads up, or experience with them would be awesome. Thanks guys

Old 08-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have been there to may times to count. They are great there. Jason,Brad and all the guys there will help you.Just tell them your issues and they will fix take your car give you one to drive and call ya when there done. They have replaced my tranny in my old 35 and numerous other things in my 35 and 37.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:23 AM
TuningWerks Competition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
yup i change my oil there and they treat you like GOD lol.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I had my tranny replaced with them....They are awesome guys to work with. My car was still stock at that point though so I cant help you with that part.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
I had a tranny changed and wheel bearings changed in mine at Infiniti of Columbus. They are pretty good there for everything. Just explain your issues CLEARLY to them...There was this weird guy once that tried to tell me I didnt know what I was talking about, and guess what, I knew what I was talking about(it was the wheel bearing then). There are some good guys there that want to help you...and look into those that BuckeyeG mentioned, and you will be fine! Dont forget to mention that you will need a loaner!

Old 08-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by mjrino
Hey guys I'm lookin to do some warranty work on my 04.5. its got 52k on the odo and my warranty expires February 2010. I notice I have a gas gauge not reading correctly, and then I notice the valve cover is leaking on the driver side. I look around the forums and realized that these are issues that are not new.

I never took a car in for warranty work before, but from what I experience at dealerships before ( I used to work as a tech at Lexus) is they will look for anything that can void the warranty. Even a customer stating the exact issue, and knowing exactly needs to be changed can throw a red flag there, because they will feel that the customer is the cause of the issue. Now, the claims where a customer states that they notice something wrong are the things that the dealer wants to tell the manufacturer.

But this was at Lexus, so I don’t know if it’s the same way with Infiniti…

Even though its not a big deal, but I do have an open air filter, the spark plugs have been changed, and there is a bolt missing off the valve cover. And am worried they will give me crap for it.

As you may know, I am a noob to Infiniti, and I don’t know how they are at Infiniti of Columbus and their warranty work. I was wondering if anyone has went to them, or has dealt with them, or knows any of the techs? Any recommendations, a heads up, or experience with them would be awesome. Thanks guys
I've taken my G there from the beginning.. no issues what so ever... I have a 4.0 G35x and I agree that Brad and Jayson are great guys... go the extra mile for ya!

Jayson just got an 04 and got hooked on the CF Hood Struts on my G35x last time I was in for a 4 wheel alignment.. turned him on to a few vendor sites, to this forum.. and of course... The OGC baby!!!
They've covered stuff that was obviously out of warranty, like the driver's side window motor and actuator (about $500 in parts alone!), the windshield wiper linkage assy and motor!! (about $800 to replace with labor!?!?!) these guys ROCK!! They take care of their loyal customers!!

Should be ok.. just be specific as to what you are having issues with... they will give every attempt to duplicate the symptom.. if not the tech will come out and talk with you directly!

Good Luck!

Old 08-04-2009, 01:27 PM
thats awesome to hear they have great customer service i am hopin to bring it up there by the end of the week... so let me get this straight... complimentary loaner cars?!

Old 08-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
yessir... they provide loaners.. unless you're just going in for an oil change or something, but on on most work they will always provide you with a loaner.. usually a sedan.. but it's the only way I'd ever get to tool around in a 08 or 09 G37x.. sometimes LOADED to the MAX.. sometimes NOT.. I've had an EX before also as a loaner... never had any issues about getting a car... always ask for sure.

Last edited by RicoG35x; 08-14-2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: meant a G37x!!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:33 AM
I have had a loaner for oil changes...I just wanted to go get something to eat down the road and visit a shop or two, and they were happy to lend me the loaner!

I have heard some bad things about other shops...but this one is one of best!

Old 08-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Just got my car back from Infiniti for a oil leak I had on the valve cover and they took real good care of me..They put me in a g37x for the night too..
I sort of got heated when I first got there, because they told me I was out of my powertrain warranty after 5 years, which didnt sound right becasue its 6 years.. But after the mix up they still fixed everything and did an inspection for me for free!! Looks like they found a leak in my muffler, so I will be on the hunt for one of those soon.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If its just the muffler get an HKS catback. I promise you wont be sorry you got it. It sounds amazing. I still like hearing my old one on Tedds car.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:41 PM
^+1...I loved hearing it drive up and away, but it sounded really good flogging in from the drivers seat!

Old 09-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Hmm, after my crappy experience at Infiniti of Cincinnati yesterday I might actually consider driving up to Columbus for service every once and a while.