Recommended shops

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wheel medic is recommended by people

rim professionals (aka wheel professionals) painted my wheels and did a good job

note they painted and not powdercoated

Last edited by carsontl; 02-10-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When you go to wheel medic make sure you tell them you are with Columbus Racing so you can get the club price and they do good job on wheels. Shark's Automotive and IPS Motorsports also do powder coating. Hope that help you

Old 02-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mjrino
anyone done any powdercoating with any company in the columbus area??
I had my plenum done at performance powdercoaters on the lower east side. He did right by me. I know he has done several wheels including some WRX BBS running around Columbus.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:49 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
This is for a body shop/ dent shop in Dayton/Cincinnati,... someone hit my G at the gym, i work at a dealership, estimate was a little over $1400, after my discount I was looking at $930... price I paid was $443 after a 10% off online coupon from Auto shop repair. They did an amazing job on my rear fender! They also have 2 locations. They even waxed and buffed my car after cuz i made friends with the guys in the back.

http://autospotrepair.com/

DAYTON LOCATION
8 a.m.-6 p.m. Mon.-Fri.
9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays
7993 Clyo Road
Dayton, Ohio 45459

CINCINNATI LOCATION
8 a.m.-6 p.m. Mon.-Fri.
9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays
9069 Princeton-Glendale Road (747)
Cincinnati, Ohio 45011

Old 04-09-2011, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by carsontl
could try Kevin Clifford at http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ci...io&hl=en&gl=us

He's done all my body work for bumpers and has done an awesome job at great prices.

Tell him I sent you and you're part of the Ohio G Club and Columbus Racing and he'll probably hook you up
Thanks for the recommendation, Tom! I called Kevin at Clifford and he quoted me the dealer price of $250 (assuming no major modification needing to be done to the bumper). I also called Marek at Shark's...he quoted me $1,000. Based on his reputation, I'm guessing that he'd do $1,000 worth of work, but that's just way outta my price range and I don't need it to be THAT perfect.

I'm dropping off the bumper on Tuesday...should be done on Wednesday!

Old 04-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Kevin does good work and he's reasonably priced

Old 04-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Ohio G Club Member
I wouldn't recommend Bedford of Infiniti for any work in Cleveland except maybe buying a car. Stay away from their service department. $1900 later and still issues.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Hey, I'm thinking of getting some new rims for my g37 sedan and also having akebono brakes installed as well. I will need my TPMS moved from my current wheels to the new ones and I don't know if the wheels would need to be rebalanced and if car would need alignment after all this. Are there any recommended shops near Coumbus for this? Would Slowmotion Motorsports be a good option? Also how much would be a reasonable price to pay for all this? I'm trying to plan out how much I will need to pay for everything. Thanks.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
slowmo would be a great option and they can handle it. I would have then install the brakes but I believe the alignment wont be necessary after the install- I could be wrong. If you have all the wheels in the same place, I would have a trusted wheel shop do it. I dont know what sizes your new wheels are, but some of the local tires shops cant handle it. I would just make sure you take it to a shop that is ASE certified mechanics. Slomo doesnt have the capabilities to work on tires, but they do have a local shop that they outsource to for things like that and alignments. (The local shop did my alignment and did a great job).

As for the tire shops? Discount tire direct has done most of my custom wheels work as I can watch them closely. Sears and Firestone has worked on my truck and wifes wheels.

good luck!

Old 04-19-2011, 09:25 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
I bought my wheels and tires for my truck from discount tire up at the Easton Mall and I went to Carid.com to buy the wheels for my G

Old 04-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the quick replies! I have an 09 G37x sedan and am starting to think the stock wheels (17 inch) seem a bit small for the car. I'm debating between getting the OEM coupe 19 inch wheels for my car vs getting Vossen CV1's. I've done a bit of reading on the forums, and have heard that because of the AWD system, I cannot stagger wheels. So I am planning on either buying 4 front coupe wheels or 4 20x9 CV1s. I've read that larger wheels means decreased ride quality, so I'm pretty certain I will go with the OEM wheels even though I know I will literally pay the price for them.

Any advice on what tires to buy for them? I am not planning on taking the car to a track. Its a car for daily use and long road trips. I would prefer ride quality/comfort and tires that I don't have to change for winter. A guy on myg37.com recommended Yokohama Avids - what do you think?

As mentioned along with the new wheels I am also planning on getting the akebonos - the stock brakes work well, but well... they just don't look like they belong on a luxury car.

Also, any input/guess on price for installation for all this (wheels/tires and brakes)? I just want to make sure to plan accordingly before I buy anything.
Thanks again!

Old 04-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by buffpatel
Thanks for the quick replies! I have an 09 G37x sedan and am starting to think the stock wheels (17 inch) seem a bit small for the car. I'm debating between getting the OEM coupe 19 inch wheels for my car vs getting Vossen CV1's. I've done a bit of reading on the forums, and have heard that because of the AWD system, I cannot stagger wheels. So I am planning on either buying 4 front coupe wheels or 4 20x9 CV1s. I've read that larger wheels means decreased ride quality, so I'm pretty certain I will go with the OEM wheels even though I know I will literally pay the price for them.

Any advice on what tires to buy for them? I am not planning on taking the car to a track. Its a car for daily use and long road trips. I would prefer ride quality/comfort and tires that I don't have to change for winter. A guy on myg37.com recommended Yokohama Avids - what do you think?

As mentioned along with the new wheels I am also planning on getting the akebonos - the stock brakes work well, but well... they just don't look like they belong on a luxury car.

Also, any input/guess on price for installation for all this (wheels/tires and brakes)? I just want to make sure to plan accordingly before I buy anything.
Thanks again!
We are starting to post stuff in weird sections. Funny how we used to be organized and it was easy to search and find an old topic or post. I think we should keep things under related areas. This would just help those in need down the road when they run into a similar problem or question.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:46 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
At discount tire, since i bought my wheels and tires from them, they installed everything for free and also i get a lifetime of free alignment and tire rotation. Also I talked them down a couple hundred too, they were pretty easy people to work with and have good customer service,... The tires you mentioned i'm not familiar with but I have the nitto invos on my car right now, i also bought the nitto blizzaks for the winter time just to be safe even though i drive my truck for the most part in the winter time.
...as far as brakes, i can't help you there, i haven't replaced mine yet, but since i work at a dealership, i'll probably just have the mechanics here install them for me when i get extra money

Old 05-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Hey guys, can anyone recommend a good tint shop in Dayton, OH? I've used Zeibart in the past on a couple cars they have always seemed to do an adequate job for a decent price, but I was just wondering if anyone had a shop that specializes in only tintnjobs that may be better. Thanks in advance for the help!

Old 05-02-2011, 11:22 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
hey, i've used Ziebart for my truck and that turned alright, but I got tint done by them 2 weeks ago and i've had to bring it in 3 times already and the fourth will be this wed because they keep messing up the driver side and there's always air bubbles in it, the only reason I used Ziebart was because I got a discount from them since I work at a dealership, but I recently found out that my dealership doesn't even take our own cars there for window tint, so i'll ask today who they get it done by

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recommended shops