Other Cars Other Cars classifieds

FS: 1997 eclipse gst spyder with evo 3 16g turbo!

Old 08-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
1997 eclipse gst spyder with evo 3 16g turbo!

My buddy is selling his 97 Eclipse Spyder GST with EVO 3 16G TURBO since he is getting his old 500whp El Camino back from California soon. this is a copy of his craigslist ad on the Chattanooga Craigslist.

This car has been mine for the last 3 years now and I have learned a lot from it. A lot of time and blood sweat and tears were put into this car to sadly get rid of her for financial reasons. I will list everything good or bad about this car, I will be up front about everything and will make sure that you will not be thrown through a loop.

I am asking $6000 Or Best Offer on this car, I really need the money to help with bills and last minute expenses.

STARTING INFO:
The car only has 49,000 miles on it, which is amazing to see these days on a 97 GST Spyder. The paint is fading with age, most of the car looks really good except for the wing which has some sun fade on the drivers side. There are a few dents and dings along the sides of the car, the joys of living in an apartment. Its a true Black on Black convertible, you don't see those too often anymore.

THE GOOD:
The car is my daily driver, so I know that it is reliable for the daily commute.
EVO 3 16G Turbo was installed only 8 months ago, it was a slightly used one when I bought it but total miles on the turbo are less than 500.
Brand New Punishment Racing FMIC which flat black 2.5" tubing.
Just picked up a 1g Blow Off Valve
Ported stock exhaust manifold and ported o2 housing.
Radio is new with iPod hook up in the back side (I hide my iPod in the glove box and run cable into the back of it so no one knows I have one in there).
Interior is in fairly good shape for being a convertible
Nice 17x7" black rims with a chrome lip
Lightly used bf goodwrench tires are in great shape
2.5" Cat Back exhaust
Halo Headlights in great shape
Passes emissions no problem for the last 3 years
All maintenance has been kept up to date. Oil Changes, etc. ( I'm OCD about that)
Convertible top is in great condition (the cloth top)
A/C and HEAT both work great!!!
I have new boost and oil pressure gauges that are still in box, but might be installed before the car is sold.
I am an adult and I take care of my car, it has never been "raced" or bashed in any way. I am a DSM fan and I love these cars.

THE BAD
Convertible top does not go down or up, never took it down anyways so I never had it looked at.
Back windows do not roll down correctly
The only gear that grinds is reverse when the car is warm, otherwise its all smooth shifting.
It has a rebuilt title only because of an old vehicle theft, car was taken car of and checked by the state safety board before being registered by me for the first time.

The worst problem to mention is the random issue that is has under heavy load. The car will boost no problem to about 5k rpm but then will hesitate just a bit but still hold boost. Its either a boost leak or a bad air pressure regulator. Either way should be an easy fix. I would myself but just cant afford any more on my plate this moment.

If you have any questions about the car please feel free to ask. I am also open to offers, just NO TRADES PLEASE!!!! I really need money to help take care of bills so please do not hesitate to make me an offer. Also if you would like more pictures of the car feel free to ask, I will take more and post as I do.

Thank you for taking the time to read my ad and God Bless.

OK THAT WAS HIS AD ON CRAIGSLIST SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED CONTACT ME AND ILL GIVE YOU HIS PHONE NUMBER SO YOU CAN CONTACT HIM PERSONALLY!

CAR IS LOCATED IN CHATTANOOGA TENNESSEE AND IS READY TO GO! $6,000 OR BEST OFFER!! and he forgot to mention it is lowered already..fender is at top of tires. ive driven in this car and i love it..i had a DSM before it was totaled and got the G Coupe so im a huge DSM guy which is how i met my buddy that is selling this great DSM!

Old 08-07-2011, 02:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahhh, i miss my 97 gst it was such a fun car haha. ill always have a soft spot for DSMs after my gst. good luck to your buddy in selling

Old 08-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
same here bud..lol..

thanks btw! wanna buy it? haha

Old 08-09-2011, 11:50 PM
lmaoo, i can barely put gas in my guzzling 35. If i could i would haha

Old 08-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Nice... it reminds me of my old '99 modded gst which was totalled. GLWS!