Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

Getting parts in the UK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Good idea greg,

I was thinking though, with Nissan releasing the infiniti model in 2009 over here (not holding my breath), will it be sold by Nissan main dealers or by a new Infiniti main dealer like the Lexus Toyota set up. If it is an Infiniti dealer then surely we can buy parts from them as far back as 2003 with basic parts being in stock.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ukgt
Good idea greg,

I was thinking though, with Nissan releasing the infiniti model in 2009 over here (not holding my breath), will it be sold by Nissan main dealers or by a new Infiniti main dealer like the Lexus Toyota set up. If it is an Infiniti dealer then surely we can buy parts from them as far back as 2003 with basic parts being in stock.
Tom, I was thinking the same thing. I signed up to Infiniti's European Launch information. Models can be ordered from July 2008 with the first cars becomming available in October 2008. These dates have been unchanged for quite some time, not sure if they will achieve them. They will be selling the G37 units, so not sure whether parts for our cars will be made available, plus servicing etc.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Tom, is your BOSE sound system available?

Old 03-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by uk350gt
Tom, is your BOSE sound system available?
Hi Stu,

yes it is but problem is spoke with TDI who told me that for them to remove it along with the part of the electrics rqd as well wouldn't be cost effective for me to sell it, so it might be a case of removing it yourself unless you just need the 6 cd changer (not sure if this would work with you system without rewiring work). Again i would suggest you talk with TDI direct with a full list of what you require.
BTW my steering wheel is stiched but with black not red.

Tom

Old 03-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Tom, I was thinking the same thing. I signed up to Infiniti's European Launch information. Models can be ordered from July 2008 with the first cars becomming available in October 2008. These dates have been unchanged for quite some time, not sure if they will achieve them. They will be selling the G37 units, so not sure whether parts for our cars will be made available, plus servicing etc.
Heard the same thing.
Supposed to be going to the launch sometime this month ( hopefully if my contact comes through ).

The problem Nissan has is that they originally wanted to launch infiniti as a stand alone luxury brand but could not find a dealership chain that would do this in the manor Nissan wanted ( HR Owen did not want to build / host infiniti at separate sites than the rest of their franchise ).

This caused the delay in their initial plans to role out into the EU.

Don't know how they remedied this but I do know that they are planing to start selling the FX range in Oct 08. No new on the G37 being sold.

Personally I do not want them to sell here at all. I like the exclusivity

Old 03-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by xover
Heard the same thing.
Supposed to be going to the launch sometime this month ( hopefully if my contact comes through ).
Sounds good. Can I come?

Originally Posted by xover
Personally I do not want them to sell here at all. I like the exclusivity
Me too.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Airsoft Andy
Sounds good. Can I come?

Me too.
Would love you to.

However found out this evening that the opening was:
a) in Geneva i.e. the motor show
b) was last week.

I originally thought this was a UK launch! Oh well. Still will inquire about the plans of Nissan. I really hope they do not release the G37 until next year.. give me a little more time to enjoy the illusion

Old 03-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Well I was at the North American Launch of the G35 last September, so got to see a few up close at some of the Infiniti dealers. I have to say they do look extremely good, they are very similar to the G35s but look a little more luxurious. A good bodykit will seperate ours a little more from the G37s. I believe they will also launch the saloon here too. I dont think you'll see many/any really until next year even if they meet their October Deadline.

And anyway, they will not be Nissan Skyline badged.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:35 PM
And anyway, they will not be Nissan Skyline badged.
which is my issue as I bought mine badged as an infiniti. Its unique now. People wow at the car then ask what is infiniti

The last part at least is about to go

Old 03-15-2008, 03:20 PM
I think if I ever bought one of the new Infinti's I'd probably make some serious mods and rebadge it as a Skyline The name just speaks for itself.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:45 PM
According to one source, the launch of Infiniti this October is for Europe but the UK is set for a date after this (2009?). My online store (G-Shop Ltd), is focused on maintaining your G35/37 so I am selling a variety of replacement parts, both standard (Nissan equivalents) as well as performance upgrades. I am not focusing on twin turbo kits and drift parts just yet - just on the parts needed for most of us to enjoy our 350GT's. I have spent months researching parts and prices from around the globe and so can hopefully offer you guys the best parts for the best prices which will definitely be cheaper than going to your Nissan/Infiniti dealer. Once I have sorted out the domain names, I'll let it loose and please let us know what you think of it.

Greg

Old 03-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by gregthay
According to one source, the launch of Infiniti this October is for Europe but the UK is set for a date after this (2009?). My online store (G-Shop Ltd), is focused on maintaining your G35/37 so I am selling a variety of replacement parts, both standard (Nissan equivalents) as well as performance upgrades. I am not focusing on twin turbo kits and drift parts just yet - just on the parts needed for most of us to enjoy our 350GT's. I have spent months researching parts and prices from around the globe and so can hopefully offer you guys the best parts for the best prices which will definitely be cheaper than going to your Nissan/Infiniti dealer. Once I have sorted out the domain names, I'll let it loose and please let us know what you think of it.

Greg
I think that if you currently know where I can get ( and how much it will cost ) a passengers side window motor, you will already be a complete GOD in my eyes!

That's what I think

Old 03-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by ukgt
Hi Stu,

yes it is but problem is spoke with TDI who told me that for them to remove it along with the part of the electrics rqd as well wouldn't be cost effective for me to sell it, so it might be a case of removing it yourself unless you just need the 6 cd changer (not sure if this would work with you system without rewiring work). Again i would suggest you talk with TDI direct with a full list of what you require.
BTW my steering wheel is stiched but with black not red.

Tom
Who is it at TDI Tom, that I need to call? Thanks.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Who is it at TDI Tom, that I need to call? Thanks.
http://www.tdi-plc.com/index.php?pge=C_contactus

Old 03-18-2008, 03:41 AM
Xover - A door window motor assembly direct from Infiniti is $319.73 (about £175) exc delivery. As Infiniti won't ship outside the USA due to restrictions, I have a contact over in the USA who can arrange shipping to the UK. Including import duty and VAT, shipping would be around £35 I estimate. Let us know if this is what is required - PM me and I can start things going/go through the details etc. BTW - My contact in the USA is charging a fee of one large bag of Doritos for his services so don't forget to factor this in.
Note that what we call the passenger side, in the US, it is the drivers side, but I would reckon that the window motors are the same for both sides as they do the same job and raise/lower the same size window.
Hope this helps,
Greg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Getting parts in the UK