Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Post your old cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 05:31 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by R2 V35
Define RICE!
Taking a non fast car and trying to make it look fast. When you get rims that cost half the car is just part of it.

Old 05-21-2006, 05:35 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
98 accord sedan: pioneer mp3 hu, 760w amp, 2 12s, ebay cai.

best buy system heh.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I owned an '89 Cavalier, then a '95 Pontiac Grand Am, followed by one of my fave cars, '93 VW Corrado SLC, then the '98 BMW 323is.

Unfortunately, I only have pics of the BMW.

Old 05-21-2006, 08:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rAizE2k
Taking a non fast car and trying to make it look fast. When you get rims that cost half the car is just part of it.
Lol! I guess to each own

Old 05-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Premier Member
Originally Posted by R2 V35
Define RICE!
self-modified Japanese import
automobiles, particularly those that are held to have been altered in poor taste.
The infamous 'drain pipe' exhaust system, and 'lowering' - which is done by cutting the springs with a pair of pliers or tin-snips. The drivers of these sorts of cars are usually young teenagers who have no clue about cars, and actually think their car is 'fast' - and then either refuse to race a decent car (because they know they'll get annihilated), or get absolutely humiliated when they do.
^^

urban dictionary is great. VERY TRUE

Old 05-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by g35vixen
automobiles, particularly those that are held to have been altered in poor taste.
The infamous 'drain pipe' exhaust system, and 'lowering' - which is done by cutting the springs with a pair of pliers or tin-snips. The drivers of these sorts of cars are usually young teenagers who have no clue about cars, and actually think their car is 'fast' - and then either refuse to race a decent car (because they know they'll get annihilated), or get absolutely humiliated when they do.
^^

This is very true my friend. What's funny though is that the person that made that comment was saying that my cars look like rice.

My first Accord had fully built JDM H22A motor, JIC Magic Suspension, Vibrant full stainless exhaust system and my motor pulled 228hp & 180tq and if you know Hondas, these numbers are pretty good. The car ran a 13.78 quarter mile time @ the track and I use to circuit track this car regularly. I had the only set of 16x7 Gab Sports rims in Canada (they weighted only 13.5lbs each)...

My 240sx I will admit was as fast as I would have like, but I decided to sell it before I completed the build up..

My last Accord had another built USDM H22A motor with LSD tranny, OMNI Power Coilovers, 5-Lug Conversion (1st of it's kind in Canada)...and too many mods to list...

Both of my brothers cars have been built raced and babied!! Not everyone that owns a Honda is about building a rice vehicle. They are tons of Honda owners that build there cars the very clean and functional. So for someone to say that they see rice is pretty offense to me, cause I build my cars the way that car should be built... I also understand that not everyone thinks that way and I don't disrespect people who build there cars the way they like...To each there own...If you don't like my selection of cars, then please say so, I can take criticizm...But when you say that you see rice and not one of my cars have ever been ricey, I take that to heart....

What I find pretty funny is that guys go to all lengths to buy stuff like Skyline 350GT badges, Skyline door sills, tinted windows, clear bumper lights and minor stuff like that and consider those things mods....To me those things are just accesories and it something that everyone else does. I like to build my cars with some sort of originality. But that's just what I think (but I respect everyones style).

Thanks for all the comments from everyone whether good or bad! It good to see that so many people on this board have built and driven all sorts of vehicles....

jdm4eva aka Donavan

Old 05-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^^

THANK YOU!!!!!

Last edited by R2 V35; 05-21-2006 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Heres my 01 GSR B18c1

Last edited by sngpimpin; 05-21-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
600 alhp, i miss her

Old 05-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Mmhm...
Originally Posted by MISTIKMACK
I owned an '89 Cavalier, then a '95 Pontiac Grand Am, followed by one of my fave cars, '93 VW Corrado SLC, then the '98 BMW 323is.

Unfortunately, I only have pics of the BMW.

DSI's on there...

Old 05-22-2006, 02:47 AM
Premier Member
Originally Posted by jdm4eva
This is very true my friend. What's funny though is that the person that made that comment was saying that my cars look like rice.
The only reason I would say any of the cars look like "rice" would be the rims on the Accord. I like the 240 thats a HOTT car.

Old 05-22-2006, 03:10 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The only reason I would say any of the cars look like "rice" would be the rims on the Accord. I like the 240 thats a HOTT car.
why would those rims be considered rice? They are pretty rare, and usually will cost a small fortune to get your hands on a set since they are discontinued JDM rims which are lightweight. Considering some of the rims people are putting on around here, and the mentality of people such as yourself, I wonder why the word "rice" doesn't get thrown around more often on this site, because what you are considering as "rice" is on par with alot of the cars on this site, such as buying cast wheels to replace stock 19" forged wheels, so that you can have that bling factor. I don't see everyone screaming RICE when they see that all over the site. Those accords are well built, and perfect sleepers with the h22a's under the hood, and likely faster than many of the cars on this site.

Old 05-22-2006, 04:05 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
man i miss my accord and the power

Old 05-22-2006, 05:55 AM
Originally Posted by redlude97
why would those rims be considered rice? They are pretty rare, and usually will cost a small fortune to get your hands on a set since they are discontinued JDM rims which are lightweight. Considering some of the rims people are putting on around here, and the mentality of people such as yourself, I wonder why the word "rice" doesn't get thrown around more often on this site, because what you are considering as "rice" is on par with alot of the cars on this site, such as buying cast wheels to replace stock 19" forged wheels, so that you can have that bling factor. I don't see everyone screaming RICE when they see that all over the site. Those accords are well built, and perfect sleepers with the h22a's under the hood, and likely faster than many of the cars on this site.
Hey dude thanks for getting my point across and understanding....

Donavan

Old 05-22-2006, 05:56 AM
Originally Posted by accordfreak
man i miss my accord and the power

Wow dude, I understand why you miss your Accord dude, the motor set-up looks pretty sweet...Give me more specs on the F22A Turbo.....

jdm4eva

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post your old cars