Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Project G45

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:01 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
really sick project
keep us updated

Old 05-26-2009, 03:10 AM
Never enough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is why Im building a first gen Camaro. With the Camaro I can sit onit as long as I want. It will only go up in price. With the G if the project takes a few years to complete it wont be worth half of what you paid for it.
Im glad to see you got it going again but man REALLY????

Old 05-26-2009, 06:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down on the haters, I just read all 68 pages before work. That's too bad there wasn't more support from people, with the inherent understanding that something of this magnitude takes time. I spent 4 years restoring and building my old Impala, and there were no custom fabs involved.

Big ups Kel, shake 'em off like dandruff - I'm impressed with how you took the criticism (particularly the childish nonsense that some grown "men" on here dished at you). I can't wait to see the end product.

-T

Old 05-26-2009, 04:19 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
^agreed. he doesnt HAVE to share this project. hes doing it for himself, not everyone here. ive seen very few if any projects on here with that much work. good for you for keeping at it no matter how long it takes.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Never enough
Originally Posted by w0ady
^agreed. he doesnt HAVE to share this project. hes doing it for himself, not everyone here. ive seen very few if any projects on here with that much work. good for you for keeping at it no matter how long it takes.
Being that he posted on here we can get our thoughts. You have to take the bad with the good. The problem is it doesnt take this long to build a car. I built mine in a year so it can be done.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G352NV
Being that he posted on here we can get our thoughts. You have to take the bad with the good. The problem is it doesnt take this long to build a car. I built mine in a year so it can be done.
Point well taken, however there are so many variables take into account: He's essentially had to blueprint the swap of a TT Q45 V8 into a G35 Coupe. Also, He might have kids, work 80 hours a week, and who knows about what other obligations he has. He's been very candid about his financial situation -some have more disposable income than others.

My two cents on the color, Kel, is Aston Martin Tungsten Silver or Merlot Red

Old 05-26-2009, 08:25 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by G352NV
ive always loved your car since the first days i got into the scene. but comparing building a show car with aftermarket parts and swapping an engine/ecu into a completely different car is apples and oranges. thats like saying i built my g37 in 2 weeks so you could have done the same.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Never enough
Really? Lets see.
My motor was removed by myself three times. Once for paint, another for Cams, Fuel system, Vortech. For the 3rd I removed it for polishing and to twin turbo it. Lets not forget about the fuel system and a COMPLETE tubed fiberglass system. The mods on my car far surpass this car by a mile.
You might want to search my many threads before making a claim like that.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G352NV did waaaaaay more than some bolt-ons and slapping some wheels & a stereo on it. Did most of the work himself too (in his garage I believe). But I don't think this is the thread for a pissing match tho.

Kel, I'm glad to see your project coming together no matter how long it has been. Good luck, looking forward to seeing more of it.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Never enough
Originally Posted by machavez702
G352NV did waaaaaay more than some bolt-ons and slapping some wheels & a stereo on it. Did most of the work himself too (in his garage I believe). But I don't think this is the thread for a pissing match tho.

Kel, I'm glad to see your project coming together no matter how long it has been. Good luck, looking forward to seeing more of it.
Yes I did all of it.
No pissing match here. I posted my thoughts on the topic and responded to a post. Ill end it with that.
Good luck building your car.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:50 PM
kel
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
The mods on your car surpass this car by a mile i was not going to say anything to this obvious hater but sometimes I just cant take the comments , wow your car had a kenstyle body kit, then you added the so hard to install vortech which takes me a day to install on a car. I find it real funny how you bring up how much more your camaro will be worth after the work you put into it I didn't know everyone here modified their car for a return investment you might as well say: hey all u stupid g35 ricers why waste money on turbos, superchargers, exhaust,etc. your car is only going to be worth half anyway. Yeah I'm mad a$$ hell right now hearing this guy talk about the so so easy swap that everyone else who tried has not finished. let alone completely interface with the car's computers were everything works like stock, down to emissions ,speedometer etc.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:01 AM
kel
I built this car for me not for anyone else I dont care if it took 150 years at least now we have possible 500hp na options for the g35 driver community I can't believe how some people will jump into someone's thread and start saying how much better thier car is.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:02 AM
^+1

Old 05-27-2009, 12:02 AM
kel
by the way it only takes me two weeks to install a vk45 vk56 into a g or z. Most of that time is the machine shop modifying the vk45 or 56 bellhousing to the g35 6 speed and wiring.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Never enough
Originally Posted by kel
The mods on your car surpass this car by a mile i was not going to say anything to this obvious hater but sometimes I just cant take the comments , wow your car had a kenstyle body kit, then you added the so hard to install vortech which takes me a day to install on a car. I find it real funny how you bring up how much more your camaro will be worth after the work you put into it I didn't know everyone here modified their car for a return investment you might as well say: hey all u stupid g35 ricers why waste money on turbos, superchargers, exhaust,etc. your car is only going to be worth half anyway. Yeah I'm mad a$$ hell right now hearing this guy talk about the so so easy swap that everyone else who tried has not finished. let alone completely interface with the car's computers were everything works like stock, down to emissions ,speedometer etc.
Ok so you've hit a nerve. Really a Kenstyle kit? Wow you really dont know who I am or what Ive done. Lets see
Greddy kit then TS and ings, then a reworked Kenstyle front and rear.Vortech, APS TT, I painted the car, custom made fenders, FULL custom fiberglass trunk, Full custom interior, and the list goes on and on. Yes I did every mod myself in about a year. Yes ALL of the mods.
I never said cars are a investment BUT there comes a time when you become smart about modding. You dont even want to know what Ive lost on custom motorcycles, Trucks, Cars. After what I lost on my G I said next time Ill be smart about modding. Thats when the Camaro came in to play.
I have no hate to you. But lets be real about this. This in no way shape or form should have taken this long.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: Project G45